Carl Crawford will bounce back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxbo. Show soxbo's posts

Re: Carl Crawford will bounce back

really?  i don't think so.  he is not going through a slump. His problems are not psychological.  Crawford is a cheater.  he threw the game away on purpose.  My sister could throw better than he did on that play.  He threw a lollipop.  He had no intention of throwing out the runner.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

He better get better.  Thanks to Theo and his $142 million contract for Crawford, you can kiss Ellsbury goodbye when he becomes a FA.  

Ellsbury will be a Yankee, Angel, or Phillie soon enough.  Does the name Scott Boras ring a bell?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yank06. Show yank06's posts

In Response to Carl Crawford will bounce back:
    [QUOTE]I live in Tampa and am a die hard REDSOX FAN...imagine all the sh it im taking right now!!! Carl Crawford will be ok...he is way to good a player to give up on him after 1 year. The guy is an excellent player who came from a small market team with a mgr who knew how to use him. Horrible Francona should of looked at how Maddon used him. He came into a big market team under a lot of pressure from that giant contract (the price for him was driven up just like Lackeys and all the other players that sign contracts in todays game) he signed. I love Ellsburry and he had an excellent year. Why didnt Tito(maddon didnt hit him first but its not as bad as those many throw away games that Francona threw away at the beginning of the season)try Carl Crawfod at first,Ells at second,Pedroia third,A Gon fourth,Ortiz fifth,Youk sixth,Drew seventh,Scutaro 8th,Salty 9th...something like that....just for a game or so. My point is Crawford will be back next year and when he is he will be great part of this line up.  
    Posted by patriots1a2[/QUOTE]

Yes, Crawford will bounce back!! Just like a deflated ball!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Crawford wasn't a carefully thought out free agent signing.    First of all he's not worth $142M and will constantly be reminded of it.  He's always been a quiet and reserved type of player.     He was a big fish in a small pond for his 9 years with the Rays and got nowhere near the media attention he dislikes  and will continue to get under close scrutiny for the rest of the time he plays in Boston.
    The Sox should have tried getting a decent corner outfielder for far less money and took the rest and spent on the biggest need, pitching.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

I hope you're right!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Don't compare CC with JD.

JD would take himself out of a game if he didn't feel like playing.  Took him two months to recover from a sore finger.

CC played hard all year, and was one who -- admittedly in a clumsy way -- actually tried to take responsibility for himself.  Every other player I've heard has been an excuse machine.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

seemed out of shape to me this year.....heavier

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Crawful stinks, and will continue to  stink.
    The rotting corpse smelling up LF has spent too many years on turf.
    His leg problems will get worse and he's not a kid either. 31 next season.
    I'll take someone who produces in LF over a speed guy, in Fenway Park.
    I can't believe someone here called him the "best defensive player in baseball" after his signing.
    How about worst FA signing in MLB history?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: Carl Crawford will bounce back:
    [QUOTE] CC played hard all year, and was one who -- admittedly in a clumsy way -- actually tried to take responsibility for himself.  Every other player I've heard has been an excuse machine.
    Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE]

I agree that Crawford may have played hard all year. He just didn't play very well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nirree. Show nirree's posts

Carl Crawford will bounce back? More likely that Charlie Sheen will bounce back

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

God made Crawful drop the ball.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

The thing is he does care, a lot.  I hope he does very well from here on out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxbo. Show soxbo's posts

crawford deliberately botched that play.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxbo. Show soxbo's posts

damon blocked the trade because he is an immoral, hypocritical, backstabbing louse!  you think we would have won with that f*g?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuck55. Show chuck55's posts

In Response to Carl Crawford will bounce back:
    [QUOTE]I live in Tampa and am a die hard REDSOX FAN...imagine all the sh it im taking right now!!! Carl Crawford will be ok...he is way to good a player to give up on him after 1 year. The guy is an excellent player who came from a small market team with a mgr who knew how to use him. Horrible Francona should of looked at how Maddon used him. He came into a big market team under a lot of pressure from that giant contract (the price for him was driven up just like Lackeys and all the other players that sign contracts in todays game) he signed. I love Ellsburry and he had an excellent year. Why didnt Tito(maddon didnt hit him first but its not as bad as those many throw away games that Francona threw away at the beginning of the season)try Carl Crawfod at first,Ells at second,Pedroia third,A Gon fourth,Ortiz fifth,Youk sixth,Drew seventh,Scutaro 8th,Salty 9th...something like that....just for a game or so. My point is Crawford will be back next year and when he is he will be great part of this line up.  
    Posted by patriots1a2[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuck55. Show chuck55's posts

I also agree, he will bounce back. I dont believe anyone has any idea what it is like to play in Boston until they get there, some handle it some dont. I give Crawford next year to redeem himself. I must say his lack of defensive ability really concerns me, I cant say that the Boston market would hurt him there or on the base paths but he is to good a player to give up on after one season. lackey on the other hand is a cancer in the clubhouse and must go.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Chuck,
    If he underperforms next year what would you say then? Give him another year and you would be right.  We are stuck with him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]Chuck, If he underperforms next year what would you say then? Give him another year and you would be right.  We are stuck with him.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE].

You are right. We are stuck with him for about 6 more years. That's just great.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

[QUOTE]I really don't understand the initial post.  "Crawford is talented but Tito needs to manage him like Maddon?"  That wasn't and isn't an assumption.  Crawford is a Ray because Maddon knows how to get in his head.  He can "manage" Carl.  You can see Crawford every night, right?  He NEVER looks comfortable at the plate. You guys are smart fans.  You know that all players can't play at all places.  I think he's very uncomfortable at Boston.  Tampa is a very ethnic area conducive to him being comfortable.  Small market.  Racially indifferent.  I just don't believe that CC can survive the verbal and mental lashings in your fair city.  Just don't see it.  And Carl won't say a word.  He's simply not comfortable. 
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Maddon knew how to coach CC. I said that he was uncomfortable in Boston b/c its such a big market team...he tried to hard to live up to that giant contract in a market that is tuff. In Tampa he was a regular guy with a good manager that used him the right way. Tito has no idea what to do with him...he didnt even know where to bat him in the lneup. I think CC tried to hard and now he understands what its like to play in a city that bleeds baseball he will be the CC that we saw in Tampa. p.s. A bunt would be nice verey once in a while...he did it in tampa A LOT and beat it out a lot...I didnt see him bunt at all here in Boston! I just think he will be a lot better player his second yr here in boston.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

The first thing the outfield should do in that situation is guard against the blooper or the sinking line drive, which means playing shallower than normal. That goes double for outfielders who lack strong arms but who are fast and good at going back on balls. Most likely a ball hit over your head will fall in anyway. It's the ones in front of you that pose the most danger.
    I honestly don't know where Crawford was set up before that ball was hit. But he made a mistake if he was not cheating at least a few steps forwards.  The bench should have made sure that he was set up properly with the season on the line.
    In fact, during the season, Boston's defensive alignment has been puzzling more than once, like the time Pedey was bird-dogging a runner on second when there was more danger from a ball hit to his left than from a steal. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

highly unlikely

where are all the "Loyal" Sox fans that called me in the middle of the season when I said back in April they blew the division?  Remember, a good fan is also a Realistic one......

Sections
Shortcuts