Carl Crawford: Yesterday & Today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Carl Crawford: Yesterday & Today

In Response to Re: Carl Crawford: Yesterday & Today:
    [QUOTE]Intellectually dishonest to speculate about Kemp's mental state and the affect on his focus. Ellsbury 2010 was a debacle. People want to forget the amateurish comments that he and his agent made. The reality is that its the big picture. Its not about one year.  
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

Nooooo, it's called an opinion; you've been known to have a few yourself; such as your huge RS dog-house and your man-crush on Kemp. Perhaps that's why you reacted that way; otherwise all you had to do was disagree, without passing judgement.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Harness, what do you think? Softy sort of makes a little sense this time. He tells it like it is (well, a little) ala Cosell.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I think Softone tries to make his fantasy reality by blaming Theo for not living the same dream. I also think Softnut is overly sensitive when discussing mental stability and skin color.

I'd like to see Pujois Dhing in Boston. Should I rake Theo over the coals on hundreds of unrelated posts?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Let's see, I start one thread about Tek's mastery - which is now 49 scoreless IP of the last 52 IP with him catching: One run in his last 39 innings caught.

You inject your kemp kinky fantasies on countless threads and posts.
    You are a body waiting for a straight-jacket.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Somebody has to keep you company.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Imagine, if Varitek accepts your marriage proposal you can get married in a lot of the 59 States. And I now pronounce thee, husband and husband.

Perhaps the 4 of you can go on a double honeymoon.

(JK)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Softy is jealous of the talent Tek attracts.
    Tek heavily influences his pitchers to throw scoreless innings.
    But off the field, he scores!

Meanwhile, Softone makes passes at cyberspace women.
    That's how he gets "skin from the games".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Softy is jealous of the talent Tek attracts. Tek heavily influences his pitchers to throw scoreless innings. But off the field, he scores! Meanwhile, Softone makes passes at cyberspace women. That's how he gets " skin from the games".
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I assume you're talking about that house breaker HW; and yes, I was envious.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I'm having visualization issues. Maybe the 4 of you can do a group thing instead. Throw HW in there just to add some different equipment.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

CC is heating up.  I'm going to love saying I told you so.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'd love it if you rub it in bigtime. I will gladly eat crow too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]I'd love it if you rub it in bigtime. I will gladly eat crow too.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Moon, all your thoughts are backed by stats.  But even your stats could not predict his early season struggles.  It's the people who think he will hit .240 for the entire agreement that kill me.  Will he "live up" to the numbers?  No one does.  But he will be a productive player and in the center of alot of good that will happen going forward.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Who cares? No matter what Crawford ever does in Boston, he will never merit the idiotic contract he's gotten.
    20 million a year for a what? A singles-doubles low OBP hitter, with a lousy arm, who can only play LF.
    Yawn!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

The people that "kill you" might be fair weather fans but then again they could have been closet concern trolls or Yankee fans. We will never know for sure.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]But off the field, he scores! And you, too, can score off the field, on Varitek's back.  

Is this part of ur up-bringing? Your social graces? Is this the standard your ancestry hoped you would reach? And you wonder why you - softlaw - are banned on a regular basis.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

From May 1 to July 23 (not counting his 3-4 today), Crawford hit .296/.320/.462. I don't know how he can possibly "earn his salary" unless the pay scale is much higher than in past years, but he is at least producing. Glad to have him back in the lineup.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Who cares? No matter what Crawford ever does in Boston, he will never merit the idiotic contract he's gotten. 20 million a year for a what? A singles-doubles low OBP hitter, with a lousy arm, who can only play LF. Yawn!
    Posted by tbrod[/QUOTE]

You might yawn and the big hit to help the team win might just be a single or a double.  If you don't like the salary scale in baseball, you can't blame CC.  I'm sure the Sox don't want to pay as much for anybody that they are paying.  However, they got a dynamic player who would probably hit 18-20 homers/year and utilize gap power and speed for game changing offense.  I'll guess you might have to yawn your way through a few more years.  What are the stats he should put up to validate the contract.  .350, 40, 120?  Would that do it?  The answer is no because there is no way to live up to the money.  It might be time you move past that and enjoy the season.  CC has lengthened the lineup which is the key for the Sox.  Turning the lineup over gives Agon more chances to drive in runs.  That's cool with me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

crawford is hitting north of .400 since coming off the dl

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Wow! Talk about lowered standards!
    This guy is one of the top ten paid players in MLB.
    I want one of you to tell me that Carl Crawford in anything but stolen bases, merits being in the top ten anything.
    I never liked him even when he was in Tampa. I wanted to throw up when I heard the Sox signed him.
    Funny thing, there doesn't seem to have been much of a market for him. He was likely heading for LA, when Theo wrote a blank check contract.
    Just insane. If Theo was running a business and had to answer for Crawford, Matsuzaka, Lackey, Lugo, Clement and so many others, he'd have been out on his butt, long ago.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Carl Crawford: Yesterday & Today : Yes, and all the while dismissing Ellsbury's 2011 OBP in favor of his career averages.  The guy is too funny, really.  I sometimes wonder if he's just conducting an experiment here on people's gullibility.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

Probably.  Loves the rise he gets, spurring on conversations.  I teach 4th graders, and they love to zap others even though they have no point to make, just so they can get a rise out of a classmate.  No matter how much you tell the targets they only are the target because they respond, THEY CAN'T HELP IT!  They respond to baiting.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

[QUOTE]Who cares? No matter what Crawford ever does in Boston, he will never merit the idiotic contract he's gotten. 20 million a year for a what? A singles-doubles low OBP hitter, with a lousy arm, who can only play LF. Yawn!
    Posted by tbrod[/QUOTE]

He wears # 13 like nobody else!  He owns that jersey!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

"I want one of you to tell me that Carl Crawford in anything but stolen bases, merits being in the top ten anything."

He might be one of the top ten free agents in the last few years? Most of the best players don't ever hit free agency.

Of the top 20 players in the AL, sorted by WAR, just three were acquired through free agency. And one of them (ARod) was initially acquired through trade before later testing the free agent market.

Know you don't think much of WAR (can't blame you), but it gives an easy column on which to sort...  Want me to sort on a different column? Your call... But the point will stand no matter how you define the question.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Crawford isn't even one of the top ten Red Sox players!
    I don't care which sabermetric you use.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Carl Crawford: Yesterday & Today : Moon, all your thoughts are backed by stats.  But even your stats could not predict his early season struggles.  It's the people who think he will hit .240 for the entire agreement that kill me.  Will he "live up" to the numbers?  No one does.  But he will be a productive player and in the center of alot of good that will happen going forward.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

I have tried not to be an "I told you so" about Crawford. His early season struggles is not who he is. He will return to his normal self soon (if he hasn't already). I never expected .240. I still don't. I was against his signing based on better alternatives with $142M over 7 years. It's nothing personal against CC. He's a good player to have on the team. He will help us get wins. I just don't think he is worth even close to $142M. At the time of the signing, I said he was overpaid by over $50M. I hope I am proven wrong.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]u sound like a broken record..
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

It's more like 2-3 broken records.  It seems fairly obvious that Billy and Softlaw are the same people.  But also wondering if Softlaw is the same as the original Law?  I'm now thinking he was doing some alter-ego thing, and with Ellsbury's drive for the MVP, he's split off into a 3rd personality.

Sections
Shortcuts