Carl Crawford

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

Carl Crawford

The season has been really hard on him, but mark my words the biggest hit of the season will come off his bat. He is too good to stay this bad for long.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: Carl Crawford

In Response to Carl Crawford:
    [QUOTE] The season has been really hard on him, but mark my words the biggest hit of the season will come off his bat. He is too good to stay this bad for long.
    Posted by Sully1965[/QUOTE]

agreed sully! it was great to see CC steal two bases yesterday. Tito came out and said he is trying to encourage CC to steal bases reflecting on how much it totally aggrevated him when he was stealing em for the rays. I just wish that CC would close his stance just a little bit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE] The season has been really hard on him, but mark my words the biggest hit of the season will come off his bat. He is too good to stay this bad for long.

I hope that you are right.  It would be great to see him  improve for the remainder of the season.  I really believe he is just having a bad season. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from .>The-Babe<.. Show .>The-Babe<.'s posts

In Response to Re: Carl Crawford:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Carl Crawford : agreed sully! it was great to see CC steal two bases yesterday. Tito came out and said he is trying to encourage CC to steal bases reflecting on how much it totally aggrevated him when he was stealing em for the rays. I just wish that CC would close his stance just a little bit.

Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the tricky part about stealing bases is you actually have to get on base first, something that jd crawful is not all that good at.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

that's the beauty of the play offs

1 big game and all can be forgotten

kinda like drew 1 yr?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

If Crawford can turn season around, and admittedly that's a BIG IF, by putting him in 6th hole, he could act as second lead off man, after the big 5 do their damage. Turning him loose on base paths just might bring back some of his aggressiveness, and hopefully it will carry over to all facets of his game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

His HR today was big cause it gave us a little bit of a cushion. I know he's been pretty bad but, like Drew, we're stuck with him for awhile. I agree with those who think he's gonna come up big for us before the year is out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The guy has not delivered.  They signed him to bat 3rd or 1st.

Very disappointing. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]The guy has not delivered.  They signed him to bat 3rd or 1st. Very disappointing. 
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Can you tell us why you chose "Shumpeter's Ghost" as a moniker? I googled it and am wondering.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Carl Crawford has been a disappointment so far. 

Can Crawford play with a Rays jersey?  That might help him.  lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Carl Crawford : agreed sully! it was great to see CC steal two bases yesterday. Tito came out and said he is trying to encourage CC to steal bases reflecting on how much it totally aggrevated him when he was stealing em for the rays. I just wish that CC would close his stance just a little bit.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]I think he looks quite a bit like Bill Hall at the plate.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

He's ours, so I am hoping he will return to form.  No point in cursing him.  I'm pretty sure his teammates support him, and he undeniably has had a good track record before 2011.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]He's ours, so I am hoping he will return to form.  No point in cursing him.  I'm pretty sure his teammates support him, and he undeniably has had a good track record before 2011.
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Exactly, Max.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

[QUOTE] His HR today was big cause it gave us a little bit of a cushion. I know he's been pretty bad but, like Drew, we're stuck with him for awhile. I agree with those who think he's gonna come up big for us before the year is out.
    Posted by trouts[/QUOTE]

He hit a 90 mph fastball right down the middle for the home run. Off a right handed rookie reliever, for the last place KC Royals. Now if he helps them win 2 games in Texas, then you can celebrate. Here's hoping. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]Could the saux have ever dreamed of wasting THIS much money on one very overrated and dismal OF ? An OF who cannot even play the midgit league up in LF in ol fenway...... how sad that truly is smiles
    Posted by LoveSox13[/QUOTE]

If it were up to SPC they would sign the DH up from Pawtucket up for the same money right now.  I love the Crawford signing, I think its great.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

[QUOTE]Could the saux have ever dreamed of wasting THIS much money on one very overrated and dismal OF ? An OF who cannot even play the midgit league up in LF in ol fenway...... how sad that truly is smiles
    Posted by LoveSox13[/QUOTE]

AJ Burnett
    Kei Igawa
    Danny Tartabull
    Jason Giambi
    Jaret Wright
    Carl Pavano
    Clemens 2007

Dont bother with a Sox list, I already know it. Just reminding you of some of the Yankees sparkling signings and how this happens to most big budget teams. Only difference is that Crawford still has plenty of time to turn his ship around. Now if you could just get your own life turned around, you wouldnt need to spend your time here baiting the water for your boredom.
    Red Sox bad, Yankees good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Crawford is taking over where Drew left off.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

All you guys piling on AFTER a win and a successful trip out west are a bunch of haters.  There is no way to avoid.  You guys are joyless.  I have had to decrease the time I spend here and this thread is exhibit A.  I think that maybe, just maybe, I'll come to the forum and the posts will be positive in nature.  Instead, its the same old nonsense.  whine, moan, complain.  That is all I ever read.  How the hell do you stand yourselves?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

I like the call. I have been on the record for a month now saying that CC will have a mediocre regular season, great post season, and promising RS career, because, unlike Drew, he cares and has just not learned how to deal with the intensity of playing in Beantown. Admittedly, the post season call is a bit of a hunch, but that's the call I am making.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]All you guys piling on AFTER a win and a successful trip out west are a bunch of haters.  There is no way to avoid.  You guys are joyless.  I have had to decrease the time I spend here and this thread is exhibit A.  I think that maybe, just maybe, I'll come to the forum and the posts will be positive in nature.  Instead, its the same old nonsense.  whine, moan, complain.  That is all I ever read.  How the hell do you stand yourselves?
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Your nose gets longer by the day... you have claimed to spend "less time" here for about 3 months... exactly how much time did you spend here prior? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

CC's homer at KC, that's a swing he needs to figure out how to duplicate. He drove the ball with a slight uppercut and jumped all over it. Maybe he won't get fastballs much, but if he stays patient and not fall behind 0-2 every count by swinging at balls in the dirt, it will allow him to get ahead of counts and possibly see more fastballs. If he wants to learn about that approach, he's got about 3 teammates he can emulate on that. I want CC to do better and if we are stuck with him like an albatross, then make the best of it. He can put up some numbers last part of season, and he has a lot to make up for.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

It has been painful to watch his struggles at the plate but to be fair the man has never played in such a pressure cooker such as Boston. His salary only compound things especially here in Boston....let's do the assessment after the season. I for one have been very negative in his play and I'll pull back the reins on that note. Carl, if you hit anywhere from .280 to .300 (and win) in the postseason....your regular season will be forgotten.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]All you guys piling on AFTER a win and a successful trip out west are a bunch of haters.  There is no way to avoid.  You guys are joyless.  I have had to decrease the time I spend here and this thread is exhibit A.  I think that maybe, just maybe, I'll come to the forum and the posts will be positive in nature.  Instead, its the same old nonsense.  whine, moan, complain.  That is all I ever read.  How the hell do you stand yourselves?
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Most of the posts on this thread were positive or hopeful with the exception of AlibiIKe, Schumpeter, and Ice-cream but that is to be expected.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Carl Crawford : You nose gets longer by the day... you have claimed to spend "less time" here for about 3 months... exactly how much time did you spend here prior? 
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

What?  I have spent less time.  I have a house at the beach and have spent time there recently and did not check the forum for the weekend.  Previously, I would post everyday.  That has not been the case lately.  The fact that you don't believe me or claim I am lying means less to me than you could possibly imagine.