Carl Crawford.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxhero. Show bosoxhero's posts

Carl Crawford.

I think he should either bat first or last.Either way they use his speed.if he bats first then he hits a gap shot he can run as far as he can.If he bats last he has Ellsbury batting after himIf he bats sixth then he is behind Ortiz and Gonzales.i figure it would take away his best attribute which is his speed.I realize you may tell me i am wrong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Re: Carl Crawford.

Crawford won't take anything but light batting practice until at least mid March.   His wrist is only a month removed from surgery and he can't swing at full strength until May.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

batting 6th in the order and him having a poor year didn't  help protecting the middle of the order.  Bobby V needs to find a spot and keep him there.  He may do well as a leadoff but I think Jake is better in that position.  I like  putting him in the second slot myself but hey.....if he hits better, it doesn't matter where he is hitting. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Crawford also just said he was kind of surprised and upset with what John Henry had said about him.I don't really blame him for that though,it can't be very reassuring when the owner says that you weren't his choice.I think Henry was trying to say that he left those types of baseball decisions up to Theo,but it came out wrong.I believe that Henry should sit down with Crawford and explain his position or apologize to him.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2012/02/crawford_surpri.html?comments=all

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

The context in which John Henry made those comments were that we don't need another left-handed batter in the lineup. The reporter and Crawford should have known that by now since those comments are three months old.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

IF HIS WRIST IS OK.... HE WILL HAVE A FINE YEAR..... HE WILL LIKE PLAYING FOR BOBBY V. AND HE WILL WANT TO SHOW JOHN HENRY THAT HE IS NOT TO BE DISRESPECTED...... INTERESTING TIMES FOR SURE !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to Re: Carl Crawford.:
     Crawford also just said he was kind of surprised and upset with what John Henry had said about him.I don't really blame him for that though,it can't be very reassuring when the owner says that you weren't his choice.I think Henry was trying to say that he left those types of baseball decisions up to Theo,but it came out wrong.I believe that Henry should sit down with Crawford and explain his position or apologize to him. http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2012/02/crawford_surpri.html?comments=all
    Posted by mrmojo1120

Reading Crawford's comments, it seems that he is still a bit bothered by what Henry said, even though I think it was taken out of context.  I agree that Henry should sit down with and set things right.

It is good to hear that Crawford is already in camp.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

IF HIS WRIST IS OK.... HE WILL HAVE A FINE YEAR..... HE WILL LIKE PLAYING FOR BOBBY V. AND HE WILL WANT TO SHOW JOHN HENRY THAT HE IS NOT TO BE DISRESPECTED...... INTERESTING TIMES FOR SURE !!!
    Posted by Bill-806

John Henry told Michael Felger that he was against the trade because the team didn't need another left handed bat. Where is the disrespect there? Or are you just stirring the pot for your entertainment?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: Carl Crawford. : John Henry told Michael Felger that he was against the trade because the team didn't need another left handed bat. Where is the disrespect there? Or are you just stirring the pot for your entertainment?
    Posted by FortMeade
    NO, NOT AT ALL..... BUT YOU ARE !  CRAWFORD S A "PRO", IF HEALTHY HE WILL HAVE A LOT OF GOOD BASEBALL AHEAD OF HIM AND BOBBY V. WILL USE HIM A LOT BETTER THAN MY BOY TITO DID........  PERHAPS THE OWNER SHOULD NEVER HAVE DRIVEN LIKE A MAD MAN TO GET INVOLVED IN A BAR ROOM BRAWL WITH FELGER & COMPANY ON 98.5.......  ALTHOUGH, IT WAS GOOD ENTERTAINMENT FOR ALL OF US.......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Sadly, I don't see Crawford at 100% health until early June. We will know a lot about our team, the players who are filling in at LF and success or failure of certain players in the order, particularly after 5th. Lots can happen in April and May...like whoever plays left getting off to an amazing start thereby muddling Bobby V's mind a bit about inserting a "newly healthy" Crawford back into the lineup.

I agree with those stating that he should either hit second or ninth or nothing else. He simply is a very poor fit at 6th. Whether it is second or ninth, if Bobby V. puts him in, he should be given consistent playing time, about 200 at bats, to prove he is back or not. If not, he should be placed as the 4th or 5th outfielder, batting only against right handers and we simply eat the cost. I have never agreed with playing a player as a starter just because he has a huge contract that was a mistake. May the better man win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I guess Carfardo was too busy salivating over how Crawford felt about Henry's comments last year to report Crawford wants to be ready for opening day:

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7594645/carl-crawford-playing-boston-red-sox-opener-possible

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Plug him in wherever Drew used to bat.  he is Drew part II

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I guess Carfardo was too busy salivating over how Crawford felt about Henry's comments last year to report Crawford wants to be ready for opening day: http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7594645/carl-crawford-playing-boston-red-sox-opener-possible
    Posted by mrmojo1120

I didn't like the signing, but there is no denying that he can outwork almost anyone.  Gotta give him his due on that.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

By Nick Cafardo, Globe Staff

Josh Reddick, who was traded to the Oakland A's in the Andrew Bailey deal, said he had the same surgery to his wrist that Carl Crawford recently had.

Reddick, attending this evening's Boston Baseball Writers' Dinner at the Westin Copley in Boston, said, "I think it was the exact same surgery (cartilage). It's not that tough of a rehab process as long as you're there working out - and we know Carl always works out - he'll be just fine.

"From what I've read he'll be missing opening day and at most he's gonna miss maybe a week. You don't want to come back too quick from it, but he'll be fine.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

he should bat 2nd..that's where he belongs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

he should bat 2nd..that's where he belongs.
    Posted by raider3524

I tend to agree.  My biggest problem with the signing is that with Pedey and Agone it seemed like CC was relegated to hitting 5th or 6th from the get go, which isn't where he should be batting.

I like the Ells/CC/Pedey/Agone/Youk/Papi  look, especially against RHP.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In Response to Re: Carl Crawford. : I tend to agree.  My biggest problem with the signing is that with Pedey and Agone it seemed like CC was relegated to hitting 5th or 6th from the get go, which isn't where he should be batting. I like the Ells/CC/Pedey/Agone/Youk/Papi  look, especially against RHP.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

that's exactly how it should be...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I hope they have a set batting order and lineup more often than under Francona and co.  I think that over the years, the constantly changing lineups had a negative effect on players getting into their zone.  They are creatures of habit and need to learn how to play together...and that takes knowing what they're doing each day.

Just because one guy hits lefties at 10 points higher when the wind is coming from the northwest on sunny days isn't a good reason to jumble the lineups. 

I hope for CC's benefit, he knows where he's hitting and they keep him there.  Past that, I hope he can grow a thicker skin because he sounds like a little girl with a skinned knee...complaining about Henry's "comments", saying there might have been an issue with Bobby V because his stance was out of whack...  I'll be mighty peeved if the Sox have to pay that guy to play somewhere else cuz he can't handle the pressure or the ridicule.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I hope I'm wrong about what I'm about to say, but I really believe this. I don't see him getting back to his Tampa numbers. He is a jinxed guy in Boston. Signed at a time that was wrong for Red Sox, fufilling a nightmare on defense that was foreshadowed by many pathetic plays near the Monster while with Tampa. He is a veteran now, not a young up-and-comer. Some guys go into the tank and then never get out of it, prematurely watching their career end fast. This is CC's fate. He's not going to produce in Boston, and the sooner people realize that the less people will be surprised by his lack of production. He's an ill fit for the Red Sox, he was so at the very beginning, and he is now. I have no confidence that he will perform. His wrist injury is just another reason to think he's starting break down. It's happening with Youks health as well.

Sections
Shortcuts