Carlos Beltran and Sox having "serious dialogue".

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: Carlos Beltran and Sox having

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Me too. I dont want to commit 3 years to him. He would only play LF in Fenway. I would like if he could play 1b so papi both him and Papi can play in NL parks. Thats why I like Corey Hart better.

Not sure hes a great fit. IVC should NOT move from RF.

If Bradley's ready then there no reason to move Victorino. I would think in an ideal world the Sox would rather not move Victorino either. Regardless I would be more than ok with signing Beltran to play left and have him hit 3rd. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If Bradley's ready then there no reason to move Victorino. I would think in an ideal world the Sox would rather not move Victorino either. Regardless I would be more than ok with signing Beltran to play left and have him hit 3rd. 

I agree we should avoid moving Shane from RF. Beltran should be fine in LF and maybe DH by the 2nd or 3rd year.

It really would squeeze the very respectable Nava/Gomes platoon.

Nava could play 1B vs RHPs, but Gomes would be nothing more than a PH'er and emergeny OF'er. I can't imagine us trading John's poster boy, but Beltran would be a very nice addition to our line-up.

Personally, I'd move Papi to the 3 slot (at least vs RHPs) and let Beltran make pitchers pitch to Ortiz. Maybe something like this:

Vs RHPs         Vs LHPs

1)      RF   Victorino  RF

2)     2B   Pedroia     2B

3) DH Papi   / Beltran LF

4) LF Beltran /  Papi  DH

5) 1B Nava / Carp  1B

6)      SS Bogey SS

7)       3B Middy 3B

8) C _____ /  Ross  C

9)      CF   JBJ     CF

We have enough money to go large at 2 slots, so imagine if we signed Napoli or McCann (not my idea):

If Napoli, then Nava should be traded, unless we move SV to CF and put Nava in RF.

1) Vict

2) Pede

3) Papi

4) Belt LF vs RHPs and RF vs LHPs

5) Naps

6) Nava RF/Gomes LF

7) Bogey

8) Middy

9) _____/Ross

If we signed McCann, we might trade Nava as well, but could make it work:

1) Vict CF/RF

2) Pede

3) Papi

4) Belt LF vs RHPs and RF vs LHPs

5) McCann

6) Nava RF/Gomes LF

7) Carp 1B/ Carp/Nava

8) Bogey

9) Middy

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

_

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from one-for-the-road. Show one-for-the-road's posts

Love Beltrán, always have, since his KC days; but it´s too late now, it´s a typical NYY signing, wish they got him BEFORE going to STL

even if ELLS leaves, I say go in other direction

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Same here. I think it was two years ago when he was last available, I was all for it.... posted endlessly on acquiring Carlos. Now unless we are very flexible at 1B I can't see having a bunch of older players clogging up LF/1B/DH. Having said that I bet at least for 2014 Beltran would hit 30/100.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I like Beltran and he would be a fit if both Napoli and Ellsbury leave, but if it's just Ellsbury that leaves then they already have a replacement for him in house and LF is already covered. Conversely if just Napoli leaves he isn't a fit, as though Nava / Carp can play first, LF would become a three way platoon with Gomes,Nava and Carp. With the LHB going at first base on a rotating basis with a possibility of Lavarnway learning to play 1B. Or a replacement 1B man.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

I've changed my tune.  I hope the Red Sox sign all of their free agents, and no others.  Then if something isn't going right during the season, try to make some trades.  I want them to get the lowest contracts they can, but I want them to bring them all back.

Sections
Shortcuts