Carp asks to be traded

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Carp asks to be traded

Pete AbrahamVerified account
    ‏@PeteAbe
    Mike Carp, a valuable bench player for the #RedSox last season, has requested a trade. Spoke to the team after the break.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Carp asks to be traded

‏@PeteAbe
    Carp has played less for #RedSox this season. Believes he could contribute to a contender. Said his request was respectful. Now waiting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Carp is jumping off a sinking ship. Well, he's a fish so he won't drown.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

‏@PeteAbe
    Farrell said the #RedSox have nothing imminent on the trade front.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Why did he need to ask...should have been gone a long time ago along with Gomes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

A Carp trade will get us a good PTBNL in 2028

As always - 100% correct!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

‏@PeteAbe
    Two scouts say NL teams have interest in Carp. Potentially helpful in bench or platoon role.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I've been a big Carp fan since I first saw him play w/ Seattle.

I would hate to let him go but I respect his desire for more playing time.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

‏@PeteAbe
    Two scouts say NL teams have interest in Carp. Potentially helpful in bench or platoon role.

just give him away so that we can free up the roster and bring WMB back....seriously what on earth can we get for him anyway....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Here is a prediction: The day after Carp is traded, his stock on this forum will drop at least 50%.

Stabbed by Foulke.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

‏@PeteAbe
    Cherington, asked about trading Lester, wouldn't comment specifically on Lester but said he would listen on all players.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

‏@PeteAbe
    Cherington, asked about trading Lester, wouldn't comment specifically on Lester but said he would listen on all players.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement].   ALL players? Interesting choice of words. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

No problem with that, but he has .215 average, with no HRs, and no glove.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The guy has twice asked to be traded. Few want to be unloaded from the Sox...he's about as selfish as I've seen in the team's history. Few Sox players "want" to be traded or asked to be traded from the Sox. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

As they say in Sicily, the fish starts to stink from the head down.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

I bet Ben falls for this request hook, line and sinker.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

trade the guy, who knows why we have held onto him for so long, he barley plays and is really not that good. I would try to package him with another guy we are looking to deal and try to get a nice package back. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The guy has twice asked to be traded. Few want to be unloaded from the Sox...he's about as selfish as I've seen in the team's history. Few Sox players "want" to be traded or asked to be traded from the Sox. 

[/QUOTE]

He doesn't play. If he got more at bats he wouldn't have asked. He isn't a fit on the team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why do you blame him? He makes a living from coming off the bench on key situations and getting hits. How many of those oppurtunities do you think he'll get going forward while on this team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So let me get this straight because he asks to be traded, he's selfish.  The guy wants to play more how can you call him selfish for that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Where does a BENCH PLAYER ever get off requesting a trade?

He should be thankful to have a ML job, not be expecting to be on a contender!

I'd accommodate his trade...and send him to PIT for PTBNL.

"Hey guys, thanks for giving me the chance last year to come aboard and help. Thanks for the ring...but, uhhhhhhhh. Things aren't so good right now, so, yeah, how about you guys trade me to a contender?"

How about you go back to sitting on the bench 85% of the time and keep your mouth shut.

The entitlement that players have built up in Boston is disgusting. Something like this should NEVER make it public. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So let me get this straight because he asks to be traded, he's selfish.  The guy wants to play more how can you call him selfish for that.

[/QUOTE]

He's concerned about only himself, in a team game. Um, yes, that pretty much DEFINES selfish. Also, going to a contender, which is what he wants, would NOT lead to him playing 1 extra inning. A career backup can't handle being on the bench for a subpar team? Pitiful.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

So Carp asks to be traded--that could take a while. So last night JF could have pinch hit him for Drew or Gomes or Vazquez or Xander, who had no clue the number of outs in a big situation and JF doesn't use him. Too bad, now you have one of your 25 available players the manager decides not to use. A back-up catcher with Plantar Fasciiitis that can barely hit and run.

To me DFA Carp, DL Ross and bring up WMB or Ryan Roberts and Butler--who are hitting at AAA and want to be here. What are you losing DL'ing Ross?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Hey guys look at the Philly Boxscore---one of the Sox last platers to get DFA'd--Grady Sizemore is batting .319 in his 12 games in a Philly Uni. Maybe Carp would do well to be DFA'd--he still gets his money from the Sox  and potentially the ML min. Grady, AJ found new gigs--no reason Carp can't.

In addition it gives JF a full 25 man roster to work with. 

Carp saw the handwriting on the wall--Nava is a back-up for the corner OF and at 1 B in addition to a LH pinch hitter. BenC has bigger fish to fry on the trade scene. Carp and Gomes will not bring much back--maybe cash considerations. He was smart to ask--now get him off the 25 ASAP.

Sections
Shortcuts