Carp in demand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Carp in demand

CBSsportline reports that the Brewers and Pirates are taking a hard look at Carp as a 1st base solution.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Re: Carp in demand

In response to jader's comment:
    [QUOTE]

CBSsportline reports that the Brewers and Pirates are taking a hard look at Carp as a 1st base solution.

[/QUOTE]

RS are fortunate to have a surplus of quality LH bats on the bench in Carp / Nava / Sizemore. If Sizemore proves healthy than a Carp trade make alot of sense. Even though he's probably the one guy on the roster who could fill in full time if Naps were to go down. Nava can play some 1st, but not sure I would want to see him there every day? Maybe reason Lavarnway has a 1b mit on this spring?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think Gomes is the guy who gets hurt with PA's. Farrell needs to keep Papi and  Nap healthy and fresh, meaning Carp and Nava need to get 450-500 PA's each

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Gomes is the guy who gets hurt with PA's. Farrell needs to keep Papi and  Nap healthy and fresh, meaning Carp and Nava need to get 450-500 PA's each

[/QUOTE]

Gomes has tradionally killed LHPs. I think last year was an outlier, so I don't see Carp getting OF duty over Gomes.

I'd rather keep Carp than Gomes, but Gomes is John's favorite player, so it is unlikely he will be traded.

I see Carp being traded- not because I do not like him, but because his value to another team is way higher than his value to us. That is the main reason trades are made. We have Nava, Papi, and maybe even Middy or Cecchini to play 1B or DH, if Naps or Papi get hurt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to jader's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]GOOD  !!!  Ben knows this .....  Carp is a good chip to have !!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Sox play Pirates today, see if Carp is in line-up. Brewers got squat in the Minors, Pirates are loaded. Bell or Meadows, I have to think about it, and I love Carp.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

He just hit a 2 run HOMER.......  Ben, strike while the striker is hot !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

Carp plus Webster for a top prospect from the Pirates or the Astros.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to JoseLaguna's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If this thread title was posted on the cooking forum, my first impression would be that you are referring a shortage of the ingredients for Gifilta Fish.

[/QUOTE]

That was funny.  You're not a total wet blanket, Pikester.  Whatever meds you're on (or not), stay with it!  It seems to be working.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Strike while the 'striker' is hot??  It's iron you du-fus.  I swear....you can't make this stuff up.

[/QUOTE]For the record......  I do enjoy playing the Forrest, FORREST GUMP, for SAP'S like YOU  !!!   You are so EASY.......  I bet that your Mom & DAD had to tell you when to come in out of the RAIN !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just wondering Bill.  Is this a joke??? or are you saying that because of 1 HR in the second spring training game that a Major League GM is going to come beating down the door and anti up it's offer for one Mike Carp???

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just wondering Bill.  Is this a joke??? or are you saying that because of 1 HR in the second spring training game that a Major League GM is going to come beating down the door and anti up it's offer for one Mike Carp???

[/QUOTE]Don't WONDER, but if you understand BASEBALL, it only figures that if 2,3 or 4 G M's are looking at CARP based on the POSITIONS he can play & his BAT, that means there is VALUE there......  Oh, and today he hit a HOMERUN !!!!  My GOSH, soooooo many T-BALLERS on this BOARD !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Don't WONDER, but if you understand BASEBALL, it only figures that if 2,3 or 4 G M's are looking at CARP based on the POSITIONS he can play & his BAT, that means there is VALUE there......  Oh, and today he hit a HOMERUN !!!!  My GOSH, soooooo many T-BALLERS on this BOARD !!!

[/QUOTE]

remember how we GOT Mike Carp???? players like him are not terribly hard to find and carry little value.  Sure he may hold some value, but it's not high.....what kind of player in return do you think we would get for Carp?

And Bill.....I understand baseball, especially from a "value" stand point.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

remember how we GOT Mike Carp???? players like him are not terribly hard to find and carry little value.  Sure he may hold some value, but it's not high.....what kind of player in return do you think we would get for Carp?

[/QUOTE]Good question .....  I would say that based on Carp's contributions last year, either a simila type player or equal value in the B P or a decent DRAFT PROSPECT !! Also, the trade could be expanded !!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Good question .....  I would say that based on Carp's contributions last year, either a simila type player or equal value in the B P or a decent DRAFT PROSPECT !! Also, the trade could be expanded !!

[/QUOTE]

a similiar player at a different position is a good answer....no chance on earth you get a decent draft prospect for Carp.  That just won't happen.  But like you said we could trade him for an possibly a similiar player who bats right handed, or infield depth.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

a similiar player at a different position is a good answer....no chance on earth you get a decent draft prospect for Carp.  That just won't happen.  But like you said we could trade him for an possibly a similiar player who bats right handed, or infield depth.

[/QUOTE]CONCUR  !!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

But to be honest with you I'd keep Carp around for a little while, you never know how quickly things will change.  I think Carp probably doesn't carry much trade value so therefore he might hold more value TO the Sox.

I have a lot of confidence that JBJ is the guy and will be fine this year, but he still has to go out and do it and didn't do it yet.  Sizemore looks sharp, but he hasn't played or stayed healthy in several years and we have yet to see what he can do against MLB pitchers playing up to full speed, and Victorino is known to get bit by the injury bug.

Things could change really quick in the outfield and having an extra guy out there could be very valuable.  Obviously Carp won't be playing Center, but he could play left if Nava slides over to right.

Granted, if Nava is in right and Carp is in left for a prolong period of time we are likely not in a great position, but things could be even worse.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

But to be honest with you I'd keep Carp around for a little while, you never know how quickly things will change.  I think Carp probably doesn't carry much trade value so therefore he might hold more value TO the Sox.

Carp is our 5th OF'er at best and could be 6th if Sizemore shines.

Yes, he can play LF and Nava RF, if we have an injury in CF or RF, but Gomes would play ahead of him.

Carp is basically our #2 1Bman and emergency LF'er. That has value, but since Nava can play 1B (Gomes LF), Middy can play 1B, Papi can play 1B, and now Lava is being groomed to play 1B, just how valuable is Carp to us?

Surely,  that value is not as much as the value he would have as a starter with another team, or even a #2 1Bman and #4 OF'er with some other team. To me, when the value of a player is more for another team, the makings for a trade are present.

I do not want to hand Carp away. I like him; in fact, I'd rather trade Gomes than Carp, but that's niot happening.

Let's wait to see how Sizemore does. If he does well, Carp is as good as gone. If he doesn't do well, we may still get an offer for Carp, we can't refuse.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i would be surprised if carp is not traded by the end of spring training. pirates or brewers both make sense. the pirates defintely have more to offer in terms of prospects. a nice corner outfield prospect for carp would be ideal. I like the idea of chipping in one of our other prospects along with carp to get a better piece coming our way. ( webster as someone mentioned would be a good choice) 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i would be surprised if carp is not traded by the end of spring training. pirates or brewers both make sense. the pirates defintely have more to offer in terms of prospects. a nice corner outfield prospect for carp would be ideal. I like the idea of chipping in one of our other prospects along with carp to get a better piece coming our way. ( webster as someone mentioned would be a good choice) 

[/QUOTE]

Maybe Carp and a blocked prospect for a better prospect.