Carp

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Carp

Holy Carp!

I was a little unhappy with letting Overbay go.  But I knew we didn't have room for him.  

With Naps and Papi, at least and in interleague play, and even Dangerous Dan Nava working out for the place, no need for Overbay.

How happy can we be with the trade, the apparent afterthought by Ben, that has worked out sooooo well, in bringing former Mariner???

Another shot tonight at Camden Yard and all the other bells and whistles .... the guy is taking off and showing the promise he once had.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Re: Carp

He should be starting firstbase next season. Thanks Nap but your service won't be needed after this season. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I think he should be starting at 1B against RH pitching. And I think Iggy should be starting at SS against ALL pitching!

I think. perhaps, some mgmt stubborness is building a house of cards here. I hope not, but neither Drew or Napoli is cutting it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Napoli not cutting it?

21 doubles...49 RBI !!!

I'll admit I was no fan of this acquistion, but you can't say he isn't "cutting it."

He is , quite frankly" better than I expected....a little overpriced, but John Henry can afford it.

"There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why.....I dream of things that never were and ask why not?"- Robert Kennedy

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Napoli not cutting it?

29 doubles...49 RBI !!!

I'll admit I was no fan of this acquistion, but you can't say he isn't "cutting it."

He is , quite frankly" better than I expected....a little overpriced, bu John Henry can afford it.

"There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why.....I dream of things that never were and ask why not?"- Robert Kennedy

Nap looks pretty good to DAD & B-806    !!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

One other thing for those of you who think Napoli strikes out too much (which I do), Carp's srtike out rate isn't all that different.  Napoli strikes out 33% of the time, Carp is at 30%, and that's without facing too many lefthanders.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Napoli not cutting it?

21 doubles...49 RBI !!!

He is , quite frankly" better than I expected....a little overpriced, but John Henry can afford it.

He was overpriced on the original deal, naps for 5 mil is a steal

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

I think he should be starting at 1B against RH pitching. And I think Iggy should be starting at SS against ALL pitching!

I think. perhaps, some mgmt stubborness is building a house of cards here. I hope not, but neither Drew or Napoli is cutting it.

Actually Naps has hit RHPs better this year. He's at .861. Normally, he hits lefties about 50 points higher in OPS, but has been pretty even.

Now, if we knew Carp was going to continue hitting over 1.000 vs RHPs, then your point is well taken, however, Carp's differential over Gomes and SV vs RHPs is greater than vs Naps, so let's play Carp in LF vs righties. Naps has been our RBI guy. We need him up 5th.