Casey Anthony acquitted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Casey Anthony acquitted

I'm sorry, I know this a Red Sox forum but Casey Anthony just got acquitted for the murder of her daughter. How many of you as parents would give your life to save your children. This is just another mockery of the justice system here in this country. How can these jurors sleep at night?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Casey Anthony acquitted

In Response to Casey Anthony acquitted:
    I'm sorry, I know this a Red Sox forum but Casey Anthony just got acquitted for the murder of her daughter. How many of you as parents would give your life to save your children. This is just another mockery of the justice system here in this country. How can these jurors sleep at night?
    Posted by ANONMD08

I haven't followed the case, but perhaps she was innocent of the charges. If so, a guilty verdict would represent a mockery of justice.

Or perhaps the jurors who heard all the evidence thought the prosecution did not prove any charge beyond a reasonable doubt.

Perhaps if you had sat on the jury you would have reached the same conclusion ... or not.

It's an imperfect system ... sometimes an innocent person is convicted and less often a guilty person is acquitted. What is the alternative?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Casey Anthony acquitted:
    Posted by ANONMD08

You can't blame the jury. It's the prosecution who is required to make a prima facie case. There were just too many assumptions and not enough hard evidence to convict. All circumstantial evidence and not good enough to meet the burden of proof.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

agreed with you all.  Since the medical examiner failed to tell the jury on how she died, then therefore, there is no actual ways to convict Casey for murder.  But we all know that Caylee was murdered by one of the Anthony's family member.  Still I know it is more likely Casey did it.  Well, it is another poor police works!!

Next time let these FBI agents take over and do the work, not the policemen who are not evenly trained enough!!  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

now Casey and OJ can scower Florida together looking for the real killers...f'n amazing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Casey Anthony acquitted:
    now Casey and OJ can scower Florida together looking for the real killers...f'n amazing
    Posted by georom4

agreed. how 12 people voted not guilty is unbelievable. talk about getting away with murder. may the little girl rest in peace, may her mother not find a day of it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Posted by georom4

This just blows me away, there is definately something seriously wrong with the jury selection, or another issue I hope comes to light.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Posted by georom4

OJ will be in jail for awhile longer than Casey, who has a little bit of time to do in jail herself.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

that's why street justice is often the best route to gain revenge

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Casey Anthony acquitted : agreed. how they got 12 people to vote not guilty is unbelievable. talk about getting away with murder. may the little girl rest in peace, may her mother not find a day of it.
    Posted by J-BAY

Its not unbelievable.  The investigation and prosecution of the case were pretty inept.  Jurors, thankfully for the sake of America, are not allowed to enter a decision based on their gut-feelings or most-likely-scenario.  They must come to decision based only on the evidence presented.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Casey Anthony acquitted : agreed. how they got 12 people to vote not guilty is unbelievable. talk about getting away with murder. may the little girl rest in peace, may her mother not find a day of it.
    Posted by J-BAY

I rather doubt her mother will ever find a day of peace.

Perhaps if you had sat on the jury that heard all the admissible evidence you would have reached the same conclusion ... or not.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Casey Anthony acquitted :   AS DAD WOULD SAY..........  "SON, IT'S CALLED DYSFUNCTIONAL FLORIDA" !!!   "LET ME BE CLEAR", NOW SHE CAN "HIT THE RESTART BUTTON"  !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

I take offense to that remark Bill. the fact is the jury was handed a garbage case and had no other choice but to find not guilty. They actually had the courage to do something they knew was going to be incredibly unpopular and I have a great deal of respect for them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Casey Anthony acquitted : Its not unbelievable.  The investigation and prosecution of the case were pretty inept.  Jurors, thankfully for the sake of America, are not allowed to enter a decision based on their gut-feelings or most-likely-scenario.  They must come to decision based only on the evidence presented.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

space, i think the prosecution not only proved the case, but beyond a reasonable doubt. the girl didnt report her daughter missing for 31 days, she was too busy partying and getting a tattoo, "beautiful life". she was missing reported by the grandparents. the mother, IMO threw her daughter on the side of the road like trash.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

that's why street justice is often the best route to gain revenge
    Posted by dannycater

Yeah, let's just all become anarchists. To hell with our justice system!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Casey Anthony acquitted : I rathter doubt her mother will ever find a day of peace. Perhaps if you had sat on the jury that heard all the admissible evidence you would have reached the same conclusion ... or not.
    Posted by hill55

Another voice of reason, thanks Hill. This woman probably deserves to be behind bars for a long long time, but no one can be sure she murdered that little girl. She, her attorney, and I believe her folks, know what happened to Caley but we will probably never know.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Casey Anthony acquitted : I rathter doubt her mother will ever find a day of peace. Perhaps if you had sat on the jury that heard all the admissible evidence you would have reached the same conclusion ... or not.
    Posted by hill55

not..... i saw most of the highlighted proceeding. not a doubt in my mind.

one juror did say he had to leave on a cruise thursday.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Casey Anthony acquitted : space, i think the prosecution not only proved the case, but beyond a reasonable doubt. the girl didnt report her daughter missing for 31 days, she was too busy partying. she was reported by the grandparents. the mother, IMO threw her daughter on the side of the road like trash.
    Posted by J-BAY

Twelve Floridians apparently disagree with you.

How much of the trial did you witness?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

I followed the trial pretty closely.
    The State did not make their case beyond a reasonable doubt.
    They did not show motive, an exact cause of death, or much beyond circumstantial evidence.
    Clearly, Casey Anthony is a very sick individual, cold, lying and highly unlikable.
    I think Caylee accidentally drowned and the very dysfunctional Anthony family
    got involved in a cover-up.
    That the jury took so little time to deliberate, speaks to the weakness of the State's case.
    As hateful as Casey Anthony might be, there has to be more than flimsy evidence to convict.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Casey Anthony acquitted : space, i think the prosecution not only proved the case, but beyond a reasonable doubt. the girl didnt report her daughter missing for 31 days, she was too busy partying. she was reported by the grandparents. the mother, IMO threw her daughter on the side of the road like trash.
    Posted by J-BAY

Yeah, J-Bay, I agree.  But "IMO" is the key cyber-acronym here.  The facts that she did not report her daughter missing and was busy partying and that her g-parents were the ones who ended up reporting, while damning in the court of public opinion, do not a winnable case make.  All utterly circumstantial.  If you ask me, I think the investigating bodies were lazy because the whole thing seemed so obvious.  And the prosecution, hampered by this, just didn't have anything and didn't do the due dilligence needed in such a case.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Casey Anthony acquitted : Twelve Floridians apparently disagree with you. How much of the trial did you witness?
    Posted by hill55

most if not all hill. everynight on HLN they showed the testimony of the parents, the brother, the neighbor, from whom she borrowed a shovel, the medical examiner, the detectives, the friends, the video/audio from jail conversations. the evidence that the suitcase was a match to a set from the anthony home. the same duct tape they havent made/sold since 2007. the laundry bag she was in was traced back to the anthony home. the girls hair/DNA was found in the truck of her mothers car, which smelled like death according to everyone who testified about it.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Casey Anthony acquitted : Yeah, J-Bay, I agree.  But "IMO" is the key cyber-acronym here.  The facts that she did not report her daughter missing and was busy partying and that her g-parents were the ones who ended up reporting, while damning in the court of public opinion, do not a winnable case make.  All utterly circumstantial.  If you ask me, I think the investigating bodies were lazy because the whole thing seemed so obvious.  And the prosecution, hampered by this, just didn't have anything and didn't do the due dilligence needed in such a case.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

space, the duct tape over the girls mouth, which hadn't been sold since 2007 was the same duct tape they found in the anthony home. the suitcase and laundry bag she was found in, were also. computer searches about neck breaking and chloriform were the only searches deleted. traces of chloriform and the girls hair were in the trunk. like her own father, wps a retired policeman said, 1 + 1 =2.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Either way - it is just plain sad.

My own opinion says she did it. If you find your child lying face down in a pool, there are two natural reactions. Jump in and pull the child out and then call 911. Even if this all started as an accident, to me the mother still showed depraved indifference by letting a child wander off unattended where a pool is and then failing to notify possible life-saving agencies. We won't even discuss the dumping of the child and the cover-up which followed 30 + days later.

But like I said, it is sickening any way you look at it. And if in fact she actually did out right murder he child, all I can do is hope that the rest of her existence on this earth is painful and miserable.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

I wish I could fix her up with vander sloot

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In the Green River Serial Murder case, the head detective had a lead that was about the actual killer. He couldn't find anything to arrest him on. So the guy went on killing and killing and finally they had enough evidence to arrest and convict the Killer. So don't talk to me about anarchy and our wonderful judicial system, which is all about cutting deals for murderers (they had to keep the Green River killer alive for the rest of his life so they could find the bodies..that's justice huh?). If you have a great defense lawyer, good things happen. If you have a lousy defense lawyer, you are going to jail for a long time. I'm not advocating street justice, which I was being sarcastic about in my original post here. I'm just saying, our judicial system sucks, should be blown up. We need to do a better job of protecting children from killer parents, pedophiles, and bad conditions.

Sections
Shortcuts