Casey Anthony acquitted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

Re: Casey Anthony acquitted

In Response to Re: Casey Anthony acquitted:
    In Response to Re: Casey Anthony acquitted : Twelve Floridians apparently disagree with you. How much of the trial did you witness?
    Posted by hill55

Hill, you admit to not having followed the trial, yet have the audacity to call out others who actually did? That is the left at work...or not. But no, it really is.

Speaking of the left, the real crime here is what the defense got away with. They pinned the blame on Casey Anthony's father, turning him into a sexual deviant who abused his daughter and covered up the death of his grandaughter. Only in America can a woman falsely accuse a man of sexual deviancy and get away with it. The man was an innocent and loving father, the mother was wild and uncontrolable and irresponsible, yet because she is a woman, she gets away with it. Another sad day for Obama's judicial joke branch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Casey Anthony acquitted : most if not all hill. everynight on HLN they showed the testimony of the parents, the brother, the neighbor, from whom she borrowed a shovel, the medical examiner, the detectives, the friends, the video/audio from jail conversations. the evidence that the suitcase was a match to a set from the anthony home. the same duct tape they havent made/sold since 2007. the laundry bag she was in was traced back to the anthony home. the girls hair/DNA was found in the truck of her mothers car, which smelled like death according to everyone who testified about it.  
    Posted by J-BAY

The jurors presumably did not base their verdict on what was shown on HLN every evening. The jurors sat through the entire case and considered the admissible evidence. I respect the jurors' difficult service too much to second-guess their verdict ... especially when I did not hear all the evidence presented at trial (and nothing but the evidence presented at trial).

Was the HLN coverage fair and objective? Public opinion typically is based on media coverage and not necessarily what was presented in court.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Casey Anthony acquitted : Hill, you admit to not having followed the trial, yet have the audacity to call out others who actually did?
    Posted by bettersoftthanlaw

That's my point ... if we did not hear all the evidence the jurors heard (and perhaps heard excluded evidence the jurors did not hear), then none of us is in a position to criticize the jury.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

that jury saw that pretty white mom and let her walk...and that is it - that was the full extent of their deliberations im sure...11 hours??? we took 5 hours as a jury for a simple drunk driving case in which no one was hurt

just like the oj jury saw him a victim of racism and ignored the evidence...this is the danger of our system - jury nullification...has happened since day 1 in democracies

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

In Response to Re: Casey Anthony acquitted : That's my point ... if we did not hear all the evidence the jurors heard (and perhaps heard excluded evidence the jurors did not hear), then none of us is in a position to criticize the jury.
    Posted by hill55

Hearing most of the evidence and making a judgement of the case itself it better than hearing none of the evidence and making a judgement of the other posters. What makes you qualified to make these judgements? Are you a former junior senator from Illinois?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In the Green River Serial Murder case, the head detective had a lead that was about the actual killer. He couldn't find anything to arrest him on. So the guy went on killing and killing and finally they had enough evidence to arrest and convict the Killer. So don't talk to me about anarchy and our wonderful judicial system, which is all about cutting deals for murderers (they had to keep the Green River killer alive for the rest of his life so they could find the bodies..that's justice huh?). If you have a great defense lawyer, good things happen. If you have a lousy defense lawyer, you are going to jail for a long time. I'm not advocating street justice, which I was being sarcastic about in my original post here. I'm just saying, our judicial system sucks, should be blown up.
    Posted by dannycater

And be replaced by what????????? That's always the Trillion dollar question.

For all the examples of the Green River killer, there are plenty of examples of innocent people being convicted on lousy evidence or being framed. There's not perfect system.

We always have to ask ourselves -- what is better, convict an innocent person or let a guilty person go free? It's not an easy question to answer.

And can we not remember the Duke lacrosse case about the rush to judgement.

The irony of the your statement about lawyers is that throughout the trial the so-called experts were ripping Baez for his defense, criticizing his strategy and saying he was unprepared. 

I don't know if Casey Anthony was guilty or innocent. I'm inclined to believe it started as an accidental death and escalated from there. Whatever, Casey is a sick person. 

Seperate from the trial is that this is another example why Nancy Grace is the most disgusting person on TV. I can't believe they let her on TV. I think Bill's despicable human being descripion of Manny better fits her.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Casey Anthony acquitted : The jurors presumably did not base their verdict on what was shown on HLN every evening. The jurors sat through the entire case and considered the admissible evidence. I respect the jurors' difficult service too much to second-guess their verdict ... especially when I did not hear all the evidence presented at trial (and nothing but the evidence presented at trial). Was the HLN coverage fair and objective? Public opinion typically is based on media coverage and not necessarily what was presented in court.
    Posted by hill55

hill the coverage wasnt the media, it was the testimony, the trial was televised. the evidence presented was more than enough to prove her quilt beyond a reasonable doubt IMO. she may have been found not guilty, but i hope her life is a living hell.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'd hit that Hard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Casey Anthony acquitted : Hearing most of the evidence and making a judgement of the case itself it better than hearing none of the evidence and making a judgement of the other posters. What makes you qualified to make these judgements? Are you a former junior senator from Illinois?

I have refrained from making judgments on other posters. I merely asked upon what information they have rendered their judgments. A poster would be in a good position to question the verdict of a juror if the poster had been exposed to the same information as the juror ... not more information, not less information.

I am as qualified as you and others are to offer opinions on this message board ... the hurdle on a public forum is not high.Wink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleacherchat. Show Bleacherchat's posts

In Response to Casey Anthony acquitted:
    I'm sorry, I know this a Red Sox forum but Casey Anthony just got acquitted for the murder of her daughter. How many of you as parents would give your life to save your children. This is just another mockery of the justice system here in this country. How can these jurors sleep at night?
    Posted by ANONMD08

JUST ASK HARNESS WHY SHE WAS AQUITTED HE WILL GIVE YOU FOUR PAGES OF USELESS FACTS THAT IN THE END ALL SAY THE SAME bsssssssssssssssss

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Casey Anthony acquitted : hill the coverage wasnt the media, it was the testimony, the trial was televised. the evidence presented was more than enough to prove her quilt beyond a reasonable doubt IMO. she may have been found not guilty, but i hope her life is a living hell.
    Posted by J-BAY

Media commentary that accompanies a high-profile criminal case sways public opinion ... just as the Red Sox broadcasters' positive commentary on Jacoby Ellsbury's defensive skills sways public opinion despite earlier metrics that suggest otherwise.

There you have it: a Red Sox angle.

I hope neither your life nor Casey Anthony's life is a living hell ... I hope Casey Anthony gets whatever help she needs and that no child endures what her child endured.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Casey Anthony acquitted : I haven't followed the case, but perhaps she was innocent of the charges. If so, a guilty verdict would represent a mockery of justice. Or perhaps the jurors who heard all the evidence thought the prosecution did not prove any charge beyond a reasonable doubt. Perhaps if you had sat on the jury you would have reached the same conclusion ... or not. It's an imperfect system ... sometimes an innocent person is convicted and less often a guilty person is acquitted. What is the alternative?
    Posted by hill55

Her daughter probably drowned and she tried to hid it rather than face her mother who had to be the biggest bit ch in Fla.  Her creepy dad was probably aware of it too.  I would never ever have found her guilty despite her Girls-Gone-Wild act.  As for lying to the cops, can you blame her?  Her disfuctional parents are to blame and they'll soon split.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Casey Anthony acquitted : Media commentary that accompanies a high-profile criminal case sways public opinion ... just as the Red Sox broadcasters' positive commentary on Jacoby Ellsbury's defensive skills sways public opinion despite earlier metrics that suggest otherwise. There you have it: a Red Sox angle. I hope neither your life nor Casey Anthony's life is a living hell ... I hope Casey Anthony gets whatever help she needs and that no child endures what her child endured.
    Posted by hill55

understood hill. however, there was plenty of positive and negative commentary for both sides, prosecution and defense lawyers, none of which thought she would be found not guilty. i feel justice hasn't been served and casey anthony has gotten away with murder, but i watched the OJ simpson trial and felt he did also, so what do i know?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Re: Casey Anthony acquitted : understood hill. however, there was plenty of positive and negative commentary for both sides, prosecution and defense lawyers, none of which thought she would be found not guilty. i feel justice hasn't been served and casey anthony has gotten away with murder, but i watched the OJ simpson trial and felt he did also, so what do i know?
    Posted by J-BAY

For the prosecutors to bring in "quack science" and ask for the death penalty, they belong behind bars. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano09. Show Modano09's posts

Nancy Grace's head is  going to explode.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

In Response to Re: Casey Anthony acquitted : understood hill. however, there was plenty of positive and negative commentary for both sides, prosecution and defense lawyers, none of which thought she would be found not guilty. i feel justice hasn't been served and casey anthony has gotten away with murder, but i watched the OJ simpson trial and felt he did also, so what do i know?
    Posted by J-BAY

Grab a time machine, get on the jury for each case, sit through the trial, and then make a judgement. At least according to Hilly boy. We aren't allowed to discuss this because we weren't a part of it; the Obama administration would never allow that.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Either way - it is just plain sad. My own opinion says she did it. If you find your child lying face down in a pool, there are two natural reactions. Jump in and pull the child out and then call 911. Even if this all started as an accident, to me the mother still showed depraved indifference by letting a child wander off unattended where a pool is and then failing to notify possible life-saving agencies. We won't even discuss the dumping of the child and the cover-up which followed 30 + days later. But like I said, it is sickening any way you look at it. And if in fact she actually did out right murder he child, all I can do is hope that the rest of her existence on this earth is painful and miserable.
    Posted by jesseyeric

I only hope Jess that people avoid her for the rest of her life. A sequestered jury isn't given the benefit of what we all were privy to. Very sad and shocking. This free pass or judgement won't be repeated come the meeting of her Maker.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Casey Anthony acquitted : Grab a time machine, get on the jury for each case, sit through the trial, and then make a judgement. At least according to Hilly boy. We aren't allowed to discuss this because we weren't a part of it; the Obama administration would never allow that.

Leave it to you to link a pathetic court verdict to Obama. Perhaps it's the admin's fault that Lackey s--ks; it could be Theo misappropriated stimulus $$.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Nancy Grace's head is  going to explode.
    Posted by Modano09

As will her ratings unfortunately. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Casey got away with it just like Papi and Agon get away with it with HGH use.
    Posted by greatestNYY

Ugh.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Casey Anthony acquitted : As will her ratings unfortunately. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas

LOL. I believe she devoted 3 yrs of her show to this. Of course, she's laughing about it $$.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Another issue where posters are taking Softlaw seriously. DannyCater picked a poor time to be sarcastic. How do people watch Nancy Grace every night and also watch the Red Sox? Jurors need to be unemotional and follow the strict guidelines of the law, you don't send someone to their death sentnce based on emotions or opinion / gut feelings. If it was a coverup by the family then don't torture the jury for eight weeks and put them into this spot. The dysfunctional family and their coverup will suffer for the rest of their lives, let them suffer. No need for jury members to have blood on their hands or punish with a lack of sufficient evidence.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Just suppose...Caylee drown by herself in the pool.  George does the cover-up and instructs Casey to go do whatever she typically does...and not mention this to anybody (George, Cindy and Casey are the only ones who know what happened).  The meter guy finds the body early-on and moves it to a new location so nobody else will discover it since the cops didn't investigate at that time.  He moves it to the new location to ensure he will receive the reward for discovering the body and not the cops.

Public pressure, politics, career and ego (remember this is a almost 3 year old small cute kid) drive the Orange County government to charge Casey with murder one!

Sections
Shortcuts