Casey Anthony acquitted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Re: Casey Anthony acquitted

In Response to Re: Casey Anthony acquitted:
    [QUOTE]Just suppose...Caylee drown by herself in the pool.  George does the cover-up and instructs Casey to go do whatever she typically does...and not mention this to anybody (George, Cindy and Casey are the only ones who know what happened).  The meter guy finds the body early-on and moves it to a new location so nobody else will discover it since the cops didn't investigate at that time.  He moves it to the new location to ensure he will receive the reward for discovering the body and not the cops. Public pressure, politics, career and ego (remember this is a almost 3 year old small cute kid) drive the Orange County government to charge Casey with murder one!
    Posted by bingobilly[/QUOTE]

Finally a guy with some brains.  You got it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Casey Anthony acquitted:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry, I know this a Red Sox forum but Casey Anthony just got acquitted for the murder of her daughter. How many of you as parents would give your life to save your children. This is just another mockery of the justice system here in this country. How can these jurors sleep at night?
    Posted by ANONMD08[/QUOTE]OH PLEASE.. THIS IS ANOTHER oj SITUATION. she was legally NOT GUILTY. idiot prosecutors overreached and bumbled at every step! this should never had been a death penalty case. u have to use discretion and limit how you put people out for death. i believe she was negligent and there was some level of MANSLAUGHTER involved but certainly do not think there was pre-meditated MURDER involved!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

This is what you get sometimes when you rely on 12 people who were too stupid to get out of jury duty.

(To borrow from George Carlin).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Just suppose...Caylee drown by herself in the pool.  George does the cover-up and instructs Casey to go do whatever she typically does...and not mention this to anybody (George, Cindy and Casey are the only ones who know what happened).  The meter guy finds the body early-on and moves it to a new location so nobody else will discover it since the cops didn't investigate at that time.  He moves it to the new location to ensure he will receive the reward for discovering the body and not the cops. Public pressure, politics, career and ego (remember this is a almost 3 year old small cute kid) drive the Orange County government to charge Casey with murder one!

she didnt put duct tape on herself, do google searches on the computer, give herself chloroform nor put herself in the trunk. the meter guy called the police three times to report the skull in the same location. george bought a gun to try to get caseys friends to tell him what they knew about caley, not to mention thousands of $ for a private investigator.  did you watch any of the trial??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

"Reasonable Doubt" is the key. The evidence was circumstantial. There no determination of cause of death. No physical evidence to directly link the defendant to the crime. The Prosecution came up short on "burden of proof".  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

First, never show me jailhouse converations between a suspect and the parents.  Florida is a disgrace for putting those moments on Nancy Grace's show, who by the ways was booted out of the Atlanta district office office for suborning purjury and witness tampering. I wouldn't give a hoot if Casey did the bump and grind routine at a strip club with one of the dancers.  There was no evidence to support Casey had anything to do with what was probably an accidental drowing death in the family swimming pool. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bettersoftthanlaw. Show bettersoftthanlaw's posts

Way to go off the deep end with conspiracy theories. I would like to hear your take on the moon landing and the Kennedy assasination.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Some of the posts remind me of reasons why I moved from Taxachusetts to Arizona in the 70's. 

Thanks for the reminders.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Casey Anthony acquitted:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry, I know this a Red Sox forum but Casey Anthony just got acquitted for the murder of her daughter. How many of you as parents would give your life to save your children. This is just another mockery of the justice system here in this country. How can these jurors sleep at night?
    Posted by ANONMD08[/QUOTE]

I'm not a judge but do know is ....

#1 When a person makes up different stories/lies as to the whereabouts of her daughter.

#2 Is seen out partying while her daughter is missing

Shes not a very caring person or mother and either knows exactly what may have happened, or probably killed her own daughter.

Just my take!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

If the prosecution would have included the lesser charge of criminally negligent homicide, they would have gotten a conviction. Going after the death penalty was emotionally driven, and not a prudent course of action.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Sadly we cannot convict based on "You can't bullsh*t a bullsh*t artist" argument. And I think everything about this case was knee deep in it.

Either way, this jury should have been allowed to rule on lesser charges which made sense. But no, this prosectution was all wrapped up into themselves and it was all or nothing with them. 

What truly galls me is that mother, grandparents and lawyers are all going to be able to write a book or two and make millions of blood money on this childs short life. How f'n pathetic is that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]Sadly we cannot convict based on "You can't bullsh*t a bullsh*t artist" argument. And I think everything about this case was knee deep in it. Either way, this jury should have been allowed to rule on lesser charges which made sense. But no this prosectution was all wrapped up into themselves and it was all or nothing with them.  What truly galls me is that mother, grandparents and lawyers are all going to be able to write a book or two and make millions of blood money on this childs short life . How f'n pathetic is that?
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Isn't that always the case jessey?  As a dad of three, stories like this make me sick.  Hopefully someone will come forward at some point with information that could change things.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Casey got away with it just like Papi and Agon get away with it with HGH use.
    Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]
    Has that been proven with no reasonable doubt?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I don't think the prosecution ever proved that Callee was murdered.  However unbelievable, it could have been an accidental drowning.  I'm not saying it was.  I'm just saying the the prosecution never proved how she died.

Given how fast the verdict came back, I think the jury felt that way as well. 

I think the prosecution knew they didn't have a case and was hoping to bluff Casey Anthony into pleading guilty.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

covering up whether you did or did not do an actual killing is as bad as murder itself. same reason why wheel men during a robbery where others are killed get the same treatment as shooters. That's a part that is right about the judicial system. So don't blow it completely up, just let's work on the "deal" aspect. Too much is given to the guilty people to get other guilty people. Why should a murderer finger other murderers and get 5 years while the ones he fingers gets 25 years. There should be some "fairness" in the way sentences are made. Sick of people getting off for being "witness" to murders when they are part of the reason how the person got murdered.....sorry, just bugs the heck out of me. And sometimes the real "brains" behind a murder can get a stooge to take the fall for them by utilizing their lawyer's wits or understanding the way things work in the system.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Ali - hope you are not going where I think you are. Definitely not a subject for this baseball forum.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Sadly we cannot convict based on "You can't bullsh*t a bullsh*t artist" argument. And I think everything about this case was knee deep in it. Either way, this jury should have been allowed to rule on lesser charges which made sense. But no, this prosectution was all wrapped up into themselves and it was all or nothing with them.  What truly galls me is that mother, grandparents and lawyers are all going to be able to write a book or two and make millions of blood money on this childs short life . How f'n pathetic is that?

I though of that too yesterday. I still don't understand why she's not guilty of manslaughter, or negligent homicide, nor do I want an explanation of the inner legal workings of our justice system and/or all of the involved attorney's tactics/approach/game plan.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Casey Anthony acquitted : I though of that too yesterday. I still don't understand why she's not guilty of manslaughter, or negligent homicide, nor do I want an explanation of the inner legal workings of our justice system and/or all of the involved attorney's tactics/approach/game plan.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I am not sure of Florida law to state with any certainty, but I would think charges need to be specific. You cannot rule that it wasn't pre-meditated murder and find guilty of a lesser charge unless that charge has in fact been made available to the jury. I believe the Prosectution went straight for the throat and never even thought about anything else. Again, I am only speculating on this based on what I have read.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Casey Anthony acquitted : I am not sure of Florida law to state with any certainty, but I would think charges need to be specific. You cannot rule that it wasn't pre-meditated murder and find guilty of a lesser charge unless that charge has in fact been made available to the jury. I believe the Prosectution went straight for the throat and never even thought about anything else. Again, I am only speculating on this based on what I have read.

Although the prosecution aimed their case around a murder one charge, manslaughter was on the table. 

There were seven charges that needed to decided: Murder (after which they would have decided 1, 2 or whatever), some sort of child abuse (I believe) was the second charge, then manslaughter then the four counts of lying to police.

I'm guessing that the jury felt that their was no definitive proof in that she was involved with the child's death -- at least beyond a reasonable doubt -- and that whatever she did wrong was after the baby was dead.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Thanks guys.

Well how this jury did not find the cover up of her disappearance not to be a form of child abuse is completely beyond me. As I see it, this mother showed depraved indifference to her child's welfare. And it doesn't matter if it was an accident or not. And if that isn't abuse, I have no idea what is.

IMO - she killed this child. No mother is out participating in a hard body contest 2 weeks after the death of her child. Took my Aunt almost her entire life to reconcile my cousin's death and there wasn't a thing she could have done to prevent it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks guys. Well how this jury did not find the cover up of her disappearance not to be a form of child abuse is completely beyond me. As I see it, this mother showed depraved indifference to her child's welfare. And it doesn't matter if it was an accident or not. And if that isn't abuse, I have no idea what is. IMO - she killed this child. No mother is out participating in a hard body contest 2 weeks after the death of her child. Took my Aunt almost her entire life to reconcile my cousin's death and there wasn't a thing she could have done to prevent it.

I don't know. I've always felt she came across as someone who didn't or couldn't deal with serious situations. So I think it's plausible that the baby died accidently, whether she was involved or not, then she tried to hide it because she didn't want to deal with it and all that partying was a way she tried to pretend nothing happened. It's not a far-fetched mind set.

I think the jury felt the prosecution's scenario of premeditated -- killing the baby so she could party all the time -- was just as bizarre. If it was premeditated, wouldn't she have had a better end game?

The whole case is bizarre. While her behavior after the fact was disgusting, there were a lot of holes in the prosecutions case. It was a hard case to win murder one for any prosecution team. They messed up in not shooting lower on some sort of negligent homicide scenario instead of trying to turn it into a death penalty case.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

That is exactly what I have been saying Roy. The prosecution did not prove squat as far as the charges listed except for the abuse charge. And I have no idea how the jury didn't see abuse.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

1) They couldn't determine the cause of death (did she drown, suffocate, poisoned, bleed to death).
    2) They couldn't prove that the death wasn't an accident (did she fall in a swimming pool or was she held under, who was watching her when she fell in the pool.  Did she get caught in a plastic material that covers the dry cleaning.  Did she run into a piece of glass that severed a major artery?)
    3) They couldn't prove that the mother transported the dead body
    4) They couldn't even prove that the mother was doing the internet searches.

The only things they proved were that the baby died and the mother was a nut case.  Yeah, she probably killed her kid, but they never proved it.

Sad.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]Ali - hope you are not going where I think you are. Definitely not a subject for this baseball forum.

Not to worry, BDC pulled my post....too controversial I guess.

Sections
Shortcuts