Cashman A, Cherington D-

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Cashman A, Cherington D-

Been a Sox fan for 50 yrs for you tro hunters

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: Cashman A, Cherington D-

I would give Cashman an A +-----he hasn't accomplished this without the help of Girardi. They have been an excellent functioning team. It will be interesting to see the adjustments when Tex, Grande, Jeter and ARod return. 

If I'm BenC I start clearing out some deadwood on the 40 and pick up some of the guys from the Yankees and other teams that will be waived. It would be helpful to start now and be combing the waiver wire for players that can help. Hassan and  Butler for starters that probably would clear waivers.

BenC this is about the time Theo was looking to make the Manny deal and the Nomar deal. It's time to start talking perhaps Ells, perhaps Nap, perhaps Doubrount, perhaps others than can return some prospects. You have to lay the groundwork now and not wait til June or the trade deadline--we are in freefall and we could be in last place by the end of this roadtrip.

It won't be pretty coming home in last place and not seeing the stands at least 1/2 full.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

A little early ain't it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

It will be interesting to see whom goes when those guys come back. If all come back at thea similar time (I know some go back to minors but) there could be some good pick ups for some teams

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Is Cashman still meeting that British female stalker?  I saw a picture of the stalker and she is ugly.  If you are the GM of the NY Yankees, at least have an affair with a hottie such as Kate Upton.   I'm sure Derek Jeter can hook up Cashman with hot ladies at the club.  LOL   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

I would give Cashman an A +-----he hasn't accomplished this without the help of Girardi. They have been an excellent functioning team. It will be interesting to see the adjustments when Tex, Grande, Jeter and ARod return. 

If I'm BenC I start clearing out some deadwood on the 40 and pick up some of the guys from the Yankees and other teams that will be waived. It would be helpful to start now and be combing the waiver wire for players that can help. Hassan and  Butler for starters that probably would clear waivers.

BenC this is about the time Theo was looking to make the Manny deal and the Nomar deal. It's time to start talking perhaps Ells, perhaps Nap, perhaps Doubrount, perhaps others than can return some prospects. You have to lay the groundwork now and not wait til June or the trade deadline--we are in freefall and we could be in last place by the end of this roadtrip.

It won't be pretty coming home in last place and not seeing the stands at least 1/2 full.

Stellar idea....I'm sure that Ells and Doubrount would give us a bunch of solid prospects.  Even THINKING about trading these two underachieving players is a waste of brain cells.  You do realize that other GM's in the league pay attention to what's going on with other teams right?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

The Yankees are still paying Vernon Wells $14mill for 324 games.  To call him a success after 40 games is premature.

This is a guy with a .258OBP spanning the last 2 seasons.  If Wells posts a .258 OBP over the next 280 games, will you still be singing Cashman's praises?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I am pretty happy with the move Cherrington has made. Cashman picked up of stop gaps, but people don't criticize him for the Jeter, ARod, and Texeiria deals? They could all miss the season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

If you were to pro-rate the GMs based on team payroll and position in the standings, there is no way the Yankees GM can rate an A.

The Yankees pay more for one player who is on the DL than The Houston Astros pay for their whole team....do you get what you pay for?....no, Houston is getting more bang for their buck, because it is better to pay money for something that works poorly than to pay money for something that isn't working at all ( AROD).

TEAMS SUCH AS BALTIMORE AND TEXAS, THAT ARE PERFORMING AS WELL AS #1 PAYROLL YANKEES AND #4 PAYROLL RED SOX DESERVE AN A++++++, BALT. IS #15, AND TEXAS IS #8 , BOTH AT SIGNIFICANT LESS PAYROLL THAN THE BEASTS FROM THE EAST.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to notin's comment:

The Yankees are still paying Vernon Wells $14mill for 324 games.  To call him a success after 40 games is premature.

This is a guy with a .258OBP spanning the last 2 seasons.  If Wells posts a .258 OBP over the next 280 games, will you still be singing Cashman's praises?

Yeah, hitching Cashman's "success" to Vernon Well's performance is a dicey business.  He has had a tremendous start, no doubt ...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

We can grade the GM's after the season to have a true picture of what their moves were worth and if they indeed got their monies worth.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

A little early ain't it.

Its actually a little late HFX. Ben should have been trading away some of the deadwood during the offseason in exchange for good prospects.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Yeah, hitching Cashman's "success" to Vernon Well's performance is a dicey business.  He has had a tremendous start, no doubt ...

No doubt Space.Let me know when Wells is out of the Woods.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Hahaha.  Touche Pumpsie.  Hey, right now, Vernon is out in the sunny meadow, alive with the sound of music.  But I do expect he will be back in the dark brambled forest ere we light upon the all-star break.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Hahaha.  Touche Pumpsie.  Hey, right now, Vernon is out in the sunny meadow, alive with the sound of music.  But I do expect he will be back in the dark brambled forest ere we light upon the all-star break.

Same with Lester. I think Lester has a greater chance of sustaining his performance than Wells does, but its a similar situation: both are doing well now, but some people are reserving judgement on each until a later date.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

A little early ain't it.

Its actually a little late HFX. Ben should have been trading away some of the deadwood during the offseason in exchange for good prospects.

Look, if it's much too early to say if Lester is out of the woods, it's certainly much too early to say if Cherington's offseason was a failure.

Practice what you preach, my friend.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

A little early ain't it.

Look, if it's much too early to say if Lester is out of the woods, it's certainly much too early to say if Cherington's offseason was a failure.

Practice what you preach, my friend.

Its two separate issues: one is about the PERFORMANCE of a player who had a bad year last year and the other is about a STRATEGY for the future of the teams. Apples and oranges.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Same with Lester. I think Lester has a greater chance of sustaining his performance than Wells does, but its a similar situation: both are doing well now, but some people are reserving judgement on each until a later date.

Always a good idea Pumpsie.  We can only take educated guesses.  

Lester, with the exception of what looks like an outlier year in 2012, has always had horrible Aprils and then good to great seasons thereafter, so my money is on 'out of the woods'.  

Vernon has been in steady decline and recent seasons suggests that this hot start is likely a teaser of the glory days.  However, I grant you that Vern may be in full rennaiasance-mode.  Baseball is a funny game.  Just hard to believe that Wells is suddenly able to catch up with fastballs he couldn't hit anymore just last year ... oh, then again, he is in the Yankee clubhouse Wink ...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

It would be great if Pumpsie could reserve judgement on everything until Sept. 30th.

He enjoys being the first to call things "OVA",

whether it's a single game or the season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Always a good idea Pumpsie.  We can only take educated guesses.  

Lester, with the exception of what looks like an outlier year in 2012, has always had horrible Aprils and then good to great seasons thereafter, so my money is on 'out of the woods'.  

Vernon has been in steady decline and recent seasons suggests that this hot start is likely a teaser of the glory days.  However, I grant you that Vern may be in full rennaiasance-mode.  Baseball is a funny game.  Just hard to believe that Wells is suddenly able to catch up with fastballs he couldn't hit anymore just last year ... oh, then again, he is in the Yankee clubhouse Wink ...

I'd be really ticked off, if I were a halos fan.

Looks like Wells has been dogging it in Anaheim.

A huge, multi-year contract doesn't motivate you, but pinstripes do?