Caspar the Family Ghost

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Caspar the Family Ghost

Back in 1967, Jerry Adair (Caspar the Friendly Ghost) came over to the Red Sox from the Chicago White Sox after an already stellar 9-years with the Orioles. In 89 games for the Sox in their drive to the pennant he hit .291 with an OBP of .321 and an OPS of .688.

He played an instrumental, but unheralded, role in the Sox success that season filling in for Andrews at 2B, Petrocelli at SS, and Foy at 3B.

I say, Holt can be the Sox’s ‘Friendly Ghost’ this season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Caspar the Family Ghost

wait till next year

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Back in 1967, Jerry Adair (Caspar the Friendly Ghost) came over to the Red Sox from the Chicago White Sox after an already stellar 9-years with the Orioles. In 89 games for the Sox in their drive to the pennant he hit .291 with an OBP of .321 and an OPS of .688.

He played an instrumental, but unheralded, role in the Sox success that season filling in for Andrews at 2B, Petrocelli at SS, and Foy at 3B.

I say, Holt can be the Sox’s ‘Friendly Ghost’ this season.

[/QUOTE]

I think that's a fairly clever and apt analogy.  Seriously.  A bit unfair, perhaps, to Adair who had a long-ish, respectable career pre-his miracle '67 half-season with the Sox....but, less seriously, if Sean Rodriguez played LF every time Holt bats Brock'll slug 2.000 for the rest of his career.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

He was not family, he was friendly

Sections
Shortcuts