Casting Call: Nhsteven’s final movie: Rocky and Bullwinkle Detectives. He needs your help!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Casting Call: Nhsteven’s final movie: Rocky and Bullwinkle Detectives. He needs your help!

by Edith Bunker/AP:

Academy award winning director nhsteven announced that he would be making his final movie today. Nhsteven said that once the baseball season resumes on Friday, he will be completely absorbed with baseball 24/7. In fact he said he was reluctant to give this exclusive interview since he wasn’t paid for the last one. Nevertheless, he graciously sat down with this reporter.

EB: What’s the plot?

Nhsteven: Rocky and Bullwinkle run a detective agency in Boston. The 2004 World Series final out baseball was missing; so was Derek Jeter’s 3000th hit ball. John Henry and Hank Steinbrenner call up the detectives and ask them to take the case. When asked what they would charge, Rocky said he wanted a year’s supply of nuts. Bullwinkle said that he wanted the same that Jim Rockford got, $200 a day plus expenses. Both Henry and Steinbrenner agreed.

EB: Who are the characters in the movie?

Nhsteven: Well here’s where I need the help of the posters on Red Sox: On the front burner. Who should take the following parts?

Rocket “Rocky” J. Squirrel, the flying squirrel

Bullwinkle j. Moose, a dim-witted but good-natured moose

The scheming, fiendish, but inept villains:

Boris Badenov

And Natasha Fatale, the femme fatale

Boris and Natasha were commanded by the sinister:

Mr. Big

And

Fearless Leader

EB: Thank you once again.

Nhsteven: I expect my check for both appearances. And by the way, don’t call me, I call you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

Re: Casting Call: Nhsteven’s final movie: Rocky and Bullwinkle Detectives. He needs your help!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Casting Call: Nhsteven’s final movie: Rocky and Bullwinkle Detectives. He needs your help!

I remember the days when cartoons had a Russian badguy.

If that cartoon were made today, would Boris be "Ahmad?"

Ever wonder why the villians were human and the heroes were a moose and a squirrel?

What does this say about the creator's feelings towards humans?

Ever notice how the best cartoon characters are always animals and seldom people?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

And of course , Mr. Peabody and Sherman. And Fractured Fairy Tales. Yes Rocky was the best cartoon. Easy trivia: What college did Rocky and Bullwinkle teach and coach football?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

jay, this is too easy and I don't have to look it up.

But I couldn't pass up trying to find this hysterical pic:

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Casting Call: Nhsteven’s final movie: Rocky and Bullwinkle Detectives. He needs your help!:
    [QUOTE]And of course , Mr. Peabody and Sherman. And Fractured Fairy Tales. Yes Rocky was the best cartoon. Easy trivia: What college did Rocky and Bullwinkle teach and coach football?
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

Natashia U?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Hey, I already said that I wanted Bullwinkle to play me. Do I get to play Bullwinkle?

I'm smart. I know things...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Seniority rules, Summah! You go back to '04.

I'll leave the punch-line open for you...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

One of the best and funniest things about Rocky and Bullwinkle was William Conrad's narraration. Conrad, of course, went on to play in Cannon and Jake and the Fatman.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Conrad also played Matt Dillion on the radio Gunsmoke days. And he played a great heavy in the B&W 50's films. He did some narration for the FUGITIVE series.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Casting Call: Nhsteven’s final movie: Rocky and Bullwinkle Detectives. He needs your help!:
    [QUOTE]One of the best and funniest things about Rocky and Bullwinkle was William Conrad's narraration. Conrad, of course, went on to play in Cannon and Jake and the Fatman.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Yes

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

The evil villain in this epic is "Minky", who plots with Boris and Natasha to purchase the purloined leather on Ebay,  finally giving Minky legal ownership of the priceless spheres.
     Moose and Squirrel foil the plan when Bullwinkle inadvertently hacks into Minky's Ebay account and submits the winning bid on Manny's Grill, depleting the funds in his margin account.
     The buddies are given a heroes welcome at Fenway Park, where the crowd is agape when Rocky "falls" out of the Monster seats leaning over tying to get a better look at Heidi down on the sidelines. Tension is relieved when Rocky lands safely on the ground, reminding everyone, he's a "flying" squirrel.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr.Bump. Show Mr.Bump's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]Seniority rules, Summah! You go back to '04. I'll leave the punch-line open for you...
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

So old am I, harness old friend, that I am having trouble hearing you.

Could you speak up???

Thanks!

Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Casting Call: Nhsteven’s final movie: Rocky and Bullwinkle Detectives. He needs your help! : Yes
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Agreed. He also did a fine turn as Nero Wolfe with Lee Horsley as Archie Goodwin. Show didn't last - a shame.  The  A&E remake with Maury Chakin and Timothy Hutton was also decent.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

summerof67:
    I know that nhsteven said this was his final movie. But perhaps after the Sox win the World Series: He can make Get Smart, the final chapter.
    summer0f67-You can play agent 86. Who would you cast as Agent 96? The Chief?
    Hymie the Robot? Mr. Big, the presumed head of KAOS-Hank Steinbrenner?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]Conrad also played Matt Dillion on the radio Gunsmoke days. And he played a great heavy in the B&W 50's films. He did some narration for the FUGITIVE series.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Absolutely correct. The Fugitive with David Janssen and Barry Morse as Lt. Gerard.

Great series, harness. Your memory is better than mine! You must be a lot younger...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

[QUOTE]summerof67: I know that nhsteven said this was his final movie. But perhaps after the Sox win the World Series: He can make Get Smart, the final chapter. summer0f67-You can play agent 86. Who would you cast as Agent 96? The Chief? Hymie the Robot? Mr. Big, the presumed head of KAOS-Hank Steinbrenner?
    Posted by -EdithBunker-[/QUOTE]

Edith, my friend, you can play Agent 99  - if you can't do it, maybe Yoshimi can...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

summerof67, unfortunately, I must decline the role. Agent 99 calls for a tall, beautiful female agent whose appearance is useful in undercover operations. Yoshimi is totally right for the part.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Appears this will be bigger than the Harry Potter movies...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe--. Show The--Babe--'s posts

I would agree with the "He needs help" part.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Casting Call: Nhsteven’s final movie: Rocky and Bullwinkle Detectives. He needs your help! : Agreed. He also did a fine turn as Nero Wolfe with Lee Horsley as Archie Goodwin. Show didn't last - a shame.  The  A&E remake with Maury Chakin and Timothy Hutton was also decent.
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

I know Conrad did Nero Wolfe with Lee "Matt Houston" Horsley, but I don't remember it. I absolutely loved the remake with Chakin and Hutton. I wish they made more episodes. Sad that Maury Chakin passed away last year (I think it was last year). When you look at him in Nero Wolfe, it's hard to believe he was the same actor who played that one witness (cooks fast grits) in My Cousin Vinny and the computer expert that Matthew Broderick goes to for advice in WarGames.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Roy - or the crazed officer who pissed on himself and blew his own brains out in Dancing With Wolves

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Casting Call: Nhsteven’s final movie: Rocky and Bullwinkle Detectives. He needs your help! : Absolutely correct. The Fugitive with David Janssen and Barry Morse as Lt. Gerard. Great series, harness. Your memory is better than mine! You must be a lot younger...
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

My all-time favorite, Summah!
    Janssen was multi-dimensional in that expansive role.

When I gave you the '04 posting punch-line, I figured you'd come back with:
    "Soooo, you think I've been here since 1904!".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

That show was based on a classic move from the 1940s; just like Naked City (There are 8 million stories; this is one of them)

The Million comment reminds me of the show in the early 60s where a wealthy philantropist gives people a million dollars in every episode (The Millionaire?); on a smaller scale in real life, Elvis used to buy people he didn't know new cars.

Sections
Shortcuts