Catcher Ross...where does it go from here?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Catcher Ross...where does it go from here?

Few days since making the move. Couple days ago , we thought it might be a possible move for an iminent trade. What is everyone's opinion now?  I'm thinking a trade would have been done by now if that was going to be the case. I believe Salty and Ross are staying and Lav will get more time in the minors. Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Catcher Ross...where does it go from here?

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Few days since making the move. Couple days ago , we thought it might be a possible move for an iminent trade. What is everyone's opinion now?  I'm thinking a trade would have been done by now if that was going to be the case. I believe Salty and Ross are staying and Lav will get more time in the minors. Thoughts?

Why would the trade have been done by now?  There is no time crunch on trades.  The Ross signing makes Lavarnway or Salty expendable, yes.  But, I didn't take it that there was a deal already in the works, pending either of their availability on the market.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

My thoughts are that it's November 14th and the Winter Meetings are still nearly 3 weeks from now...why would anyone "expect" a trade by now?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

My thoughts are that it's November 14th and the Winter Meetings are still nearly 3 weeks from now...why would anyone "expect" a trade by now?

If you or anyone on this board thinks things will be different by the Winter Meetings you're only fooling yorselves.  Cherington has two speeds slower and slowest and he most likely will do nothing this off season.  Remember, Prune Face is closing shop on his business and he has pretty mch decided not to spend any money this fall.  Could I be wrong?  I sre hope so but I think I've has Cherington pegged from the get-go.  He is totally worthless.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

BUMP

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

I admit to having a particularly negative outlook after the Marlins fire sale and the Tigers's signing of Hunter...but I suspect that where it goes from here is BC signs a 4th catcher (Napoli) and picks up scraps after all the best free agents and trades are made by other commited clubs.  And 69 wins is going to look like an accomplishment, come September of 2013 (if we even are all alive to see it, since the Mayans have predicted the end of times 4 weeks from today).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

IMO - Sign Napoli to play 1B and as backup catcher. Trade Salty and Lav for pitching.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

I actually think that Ben has a deal in place for Salty or Lav (and probably others) and is just waiting for D Ross to pass his physical before consummating the trade.  I have no shred of evidence, I am just connecting dots.  And I hope I am correct and that we get a Matt Garza, RA Dickey or Ike Davis in return.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

obviously salty/lava could be dealt...but why not just keep young hard hard hitting salty, lava as back up, and sign a quality pitcher? last time i checked salty was one of the power hitting leaders of the team....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

obviously salty/lava could be dealt...but why not just keep young hard hard hitting salty, lava as back up, and sign a quality pitcher? last time i checked salty was one of the power hitting leaders of the team....

Ok, lets walk through the boots on the ground reality Georom.  Free agent market for starting pitchers:  weak and waaaay overpriced.  So, if we want to sign your quality pitcher, looks like it is going to have to be through trade market.  If it is through trade market, trade chips are necessary.  Sure, lets keep both lava and Salty.  But then, we lack good trade chips.  If you haven't noticed, half-decent catchers are hard to come by.  So, now we have one of two to shop.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

They waited until he passed his physical, which happened today, to make a counter move. Im sure they didnt want to make a move before they made sure he passed first.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

They waited until he passed his physical, which happened today, to make a counter move. Im sure they didnt want to make a move before they made sure he passed first.

Ben is waiting for the latest news on MLBTR to find out what other teams are doing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:

If you or anyone on this board thinks things will be different by the Winter Meetings you're only fooling yorselves.  Cherington has two speeds slower and slowest and he most likely will do nothing this off season.  Remember, Prune Face is closing shop on his business and he has pretty mch decided not to spend any money this fall.  Could I be wrong?  I sre hope so but I think I've has Cherington pegged from the get-go.  He is totally worthless.

If you think it's panic time and moves have to be made now then you or anyone on this board your only fooling yourself.The sox will choose who they want and when they want to choose ,if it's not good enough for you then let your prune face crying go elsewhere.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

In response to seabeachfred's comment:

If you think it's panic time and moves have to be made now then you or anyone on this board your only fooling yourself.The sox will choose who they want and when they want to choose ,if it's not good enough for you then let your prune face crying go elsewhere.

If some posters here were a FA, would you take the 1st offer made, or would you try and get a couple (or more) teams bidding for your services? Id say you would pick the latter of the two.

With that said, how can you possibly constantly bash a GM for not signing FA players before Thanksgiving. I have news for some of you...A little secret if you will...

Its not just up to the Sox which player they get...Said player also has a say in this discussion as well...

Sections
Shortcuts