1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Catching tonight..... The next CARLTON FISK........

God SPEED RYAN LAVARNWAY.........  MAKE US PROUD !!!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Re: Catching tonight..... The next CARLTON FISK........

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

God SPEED RYAN LAVARNWAY.........  MAKE US PROUD !!!!!

More foolish statements from the Bozo.

you two are joined at the hip

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

For the love of God, why do you have to start all of these 'new', useless threads?

Do you really NEED to do this?  Are you that alone and lonely that you must see your irrelevant thoughts in print?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I don't get it. 

Fisk's first season, just 14 games, shows an OPS of .847.  The next year, 131 games, and an OPS of over .900.

Lavarnway has played parts of two seasons with 63 games and an OPS of .519.  So far he bears absolutely no resemblance to Carlton Fisk.  We all hope he has Fisk potential, but have learned to temper our enthusiasm in part because his hitting last year, when he played 48 games, was a lot worse than the year before. 

I mean, how in the wide, wide world of sports is Lavarnway worthy of this adulation? 

Meanwhile Vasquez down there at AA or wherever, at least has the skills of a catcher and a lightning arm. 

And Saltalmacchia, whom most of us have a tough time liking, is hitting pretty good despite the weak catching. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I think he means Lavarnway is expected to hit like Fisk would now, at age 65..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to notin's comment:

and drunk.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

I don't get it. 

Fisk's first season, just 14 games, shows an OPS of .847.  The next year, 131 games, and an OPS of over .900.

Lavarnway has played parts of two seasons with 63 games and an OPS of .519.  So far he bears absolutely no resemblance to Carlton Fisk.  We all hope he has Fisk potential, but have learned to temper our enthusiasm in part because his hitting last year, when he played 48 games, was a lot worse than the year before. 

I mean, how in the wide, wide world of sports is Lavarnway worthy of this adulation? 

Meanwhile Vasquez down there at AA or wherever, at least has the skills of a catcher and a lightning arm. 

And Saltalmacchia, whom most of us have a tough time liking, is hitting pretty good despite the weak catching. 

As NANCY PELOSI would say...........  "you have to watch him to find out how good he is"  !!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

unfortunately his 1st AB wasnt very promising..K looking...Hopefully he can do better next time

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

TOO funny....LOL.

During the movie 'Cobb", I think he said something similar...a great line.

Bill, you've only had about a dozen responses here.  You better start a new thread, no?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

His second two at bats were good, both line drives to RF.   No one is rooting against Lavarnway, but it's hard not to when bill 806 pontificates the way he always does.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

TOO funny....LOL.

During the movie 'Cobb", I think he said something similar...a great line.

Bill, you've only had about a dozen responses here.  You better start a new thread, no?

True dat.  when asked by a reporter how he would do in todays game Cobb replied he would hit about .290       Cuz he was 70 years old.  Great line.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

BTW Bill,     Your a joke...... and got p'owned once again.   Maybe you should wait til the game is over and your boy has jacked 2 or 3 before stepping in a steamer... once again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Bill wants the kids so bad he fails to look at anything objectively. Which is sad.

Much like those that hate Lackey, Jake, Salty, Victorino, Napoli, Ortiz, Drew and past players all objectiveness goes out the window with their hate for any and all players. With Bill it is the opposite objectivity goes away with the kids.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Maybe not the next Carlton Fisk, but I could see Lavarnway as being the next Bob Montogomery.  Both on the field and in the booth. 

Of course, Ryan will need to get by without that southern drawl.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I hope you're right Bill, but seriously, have you ever been right about anything?

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts