CC On Thursday..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

CC On Thursday..

Tommy John, BDC.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: CC On Thursday..

Wow who could have ever thought that he'd need TJ?

Where are all the people who thought that was just a bunch of made up lies now?

Crickets............

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The Sox could use a Tommy John, innings eater, in the rotation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

If Crawford needs surgery then its better to get it done now than later. 

We need a fully healthy Crawford for 2013. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: CC On Thursday..:
    [QUOTE]If Crawford needs surgery then its better to get it done now than later.  We need a fully healthy Crawford for 2013. 
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE]

I think the All Star Break is a safer bet......the first 2 and half years a complete waste.....now we get him for the 4 1/2 "aging" years....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

But he'll have a shiny new elbow.  Isn't TJ surgery an elbow transplant from a pitcher?  Shouldn't that help Crawford with his throwing to have a pitcher's elbow?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from angeroo. Show angeroo's posts

Can everyone who doubted that Crawford would need TJ come out and kiss AM's butt?  His crying is tiresome....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]But he'll have a shiny new elbow.  Isn't TJ surgery an elbow transplant from a pitcher?  Shouldn't that help Crawford with his throwing to have a pitcher's elbow?
    Posted by rickerd2[/QUOTE]

not if he still doesn't understand the entire concept of the cut-off man.......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I don't think it will help his defense any.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Cut-off man?  I don't need no steenkin cut-off man.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]If Crawford needs surgery then its better to get it done now than later.  We need a fully healthy Crawford for 2013. 
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE]

He should have had the surgery already.  It may be a long recovery and it is very unlikely that he won't be back at the beginning of the season. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Wow who could have ever thought that he'd need TJ?"

Pike was recently using an example of CC's improved performance for why we should be optimistic about the Red Sox this season. :) 

I'm glad at least the decision has been made, I would have done it a few weeks ago at least but at least it's happening now.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]We all knew that he needed TJ surgery. The forum trolls also take the opposite side of what the FO decides. They say let him play through injury, he is faking it, or today's ballplayers are too soft. Perhaps the FO wanted CC to gain some confidence and sharpen his reflexes, shake out the rust. The team still had an outside chance for the wildcard until today. Many factors here. Try to realize that we don; 't have a fraction of the info that the FO has. You are merely an armchair fan with only a guess opinion.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

You With Outah Doubt Are A Thread Crasher............

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Alright - so all the people who accused me of lying 2 months ago when I said CC would need TJ surgery are ducking and hiding....big surprise........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Here's the beauty I kept, just before I placed this clown on ingore.  Called it BS that CC would need TJ.....and now - crickets..........

31 games in 2012 and looks like will miss of half of 2013...essentially he'll miss half of the games during his first 3 years and 2011 was a joke......

(His responses are bold-faced)

See below:

I'll never fully understand you.  Especially the ones that think he is going to replace a Sweeney or Ross or Pods or Nava and then we are going to make a run at the 5th WC spot But this is what we are looking at
     2011 - Bust. Well andy he was with TB this year and hit 306 with and OPS 851

Total Waste of $ 2012 - Bust.  Yep he did not play well last year

Total Waste of $ 2013 - Looks like he will miss 2013 due to TJ surgery Gon't you ever read he is 18 days out from joining the RS as he is playing right now

2014 - ? -
    but he's older 2015 - ? 
    another year older for a finese guy 2016 - ? 
    another year older for a finese guy 2017 - ?  He will only be 35 as a finese guy there have been many others who have played great beyond the age of 35

we expected him to be done by now
    Who the he11 is we???

Even the biggest CC supporters realize that the last year of the deal was a give away and would be a bust Best case scenario he has TWO "good" years - 2014 and 2015 and by good we are talking about 275/325 30 SB's Has 3 AS apearances, Career BA of 300, 51 SB, 15 HR, 1K in 7 PA, 200 hits per yr.

w/ again, terrible OF D ??? Do you know he has 3 GG
    I know you will down play that saying others who got it suked and should not have gotten it. None the less the terrible defensive player has 3 GGs

no matter how you slice it this is the worst signing in the history of the team period. and yet some fans believe he is going to come back and save the team?
    No one player can save any team if that were the case Ted Williams would have had 20 WS wins.

or the Sox will get "some" value out of the deal?
    amazing TJ SurgeyWhere do you get such BS

I didn't think it was possible.  But it seems like it will happen for sure now.  If Ben wants to win one while he's here he has to do whatever it takes to dump this guy and move on

So you base how good or bad a player is on one year out of 10. If you do then if Pedroia has a bad this year and it is headed that way will you want to dump him? How about Adrian,  Based upon your analysis the RS should have dumped Yaz the yr (69) he hit 250, and the Phils should dump Rollins when he hit 250 in 09/10 or Howard since he hit 250 last year.  

Do you know the difference in a 255 ave and a 285 ave? It is 15 hits a measely 15. So yes let's dump a guy who has had one bad year and the reason you and many others would dump him is not last year and let's be honest nere it is because of his salary and only his salary
    Posted by andrewmitch

The other day I nominated a post as the dumbest of the year. I will nominate this one for least thought out post.

No matter where and how long I live the Red Sox are and will always be number 1 no matter where they are in the standings.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

The problem with the CC contract is that as the years tick by with no sign of him on the team, the discontent with him as an issue just grows.  I have no solution but welcome anything that makes this issue go away.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]The problem with the CC contract is that as the years tick by with no sign of him on the team, the discontent with him as an issue just grows.  I have no solution but welcome anything that makes this issue go away.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

Step 1:

give a free seminar to the brain trust over there about the concept of a SUNK COST

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

hey guys, for the most part we associate this with pitchers,  does anyone know other than CCraw how many position players have had TJS in say the past 5 to 10 years??.... 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]hey guys, for the most part we associate this with pitchers,  does anyone know other than CCraw how many position players have had TJS in say the past 5 to 10 years??.... 
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Only one I could think of is Rick Ankiel and he had it as a pitcher and became an OF after....googled it and it seems Kyle Blanks of the Padres had it in July of 2010 and didnt play in the Majors again until about a year later.....though he did play in ST games at the end of March of 2011....being a 1B , of course might make it a little easier.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Mackey Sasser

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

[QUOTE]hey guys, for the most part we associate this with pitchers,  does anyone know other than CCraw how many position players have had TJS in say the past 5 to 10 years??.... 
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Dustin Ackley did at UNC and I am pretty sure Jose Guillen had it in like 2006 or 2007 maybe.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

thanks Tom, Andrewmitch and Jarrett, i guess when you keep hearing pitchers go down it's easy for a position player to slip past you :-)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CC On Thursday.. : Only one I could think of is Rick Ankiel and he had it as a pitcher and became an OF after....googled it and it seems Kyle Blanks of the Padres had it in July of 2010 and didnt play in the Majors again until about a year later.....though he did play in ST games at the end of March of 2011....being a 1B , of course might make it a little easier.
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know one and it was ME! Luckily, I had the procedure done by a doc from Olympic training center in Colo Springs. They drill a hole in the elbow and enter the ligaments in the hole and tie them out. I was an outfielder at the time and was the most painful of all the many surgies I had. At the time, they called it pitchers elbow which is less invasive than TJ surgery. I was unable to throw for a year, but after 6 months I could DH. We will see if CC will man up and go through the painful rehab. My guess is he could hit by opening day, but throwing will be a contest as to how willing he is to rehab or not.

Sections
Shortcuts