CC sitting to preserve trade interest before deadline?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

CC sitting to preserve trade interest before deadline?

If the team didn't want CC to pull a Garza and put himself out of trade talks entirely ... does it make sense that they'd sit him more to protect the trade option?

(I still think the contract means he's not going anywhere ...)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Re: CC sitting to preserve trade interest before deadline?

He's sitting because he needs TJ and they don't want to over do it.  Sadly, they can't see that it'd probably be best to just shut him down and have the surgery done now, so he can have a full ST next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

A day off means nothing.  The trading obstacle is the $112mill  left on his contract...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

CC will play on Sunday, and that's all that matters right now

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

He was sitting due to some guideline regarding consecutive games, as per instruction from the medical staff

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

The Red Sox medical staff.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In Response to Re: CC sitting to preserve trade interest before deadline?:
    He's sitting because he needs TJ and they don't want to over do it.  Sadly, they can't see that it'd probably be best to just shut him down and have the surgery done now, so he can have a full ST next year.
    Posted by JB-3

I very much go along with this.  What are they going to do, baby him along during this, a lost season, so they can lose him for part of NEXT season? 

Get the guy under the knife so he can get rehabbed in time for NEXT season when we hope things won't be as bad. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Posted by carnie

I knew this was coming

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: CC sitting to preserve trade interest before deadline? : I knew this was coming
    Posted by nhsteven
    I couldn't resist. Embarassed

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

If he can only play 4 days without rest - then let's try something else.

SCHEDULE CRAWFORD FOR SURGERY.

Do I have to rent a plane and fly it over fenway every day. 

THE GUY NEEDS SURGERY.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Carnie lol. Seriously of all the "votes of no confidence" I would give this organization the medical staff might get the biggest...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

If he can only play 4 days without rest - then let's try something else. SCHEDULE CRAWFORD FOR SURGERY. Do I have to rent a plane and fly it over fenway every day.  THE GUY NEEDS SURGERY.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

+1

either trade him now or surgery

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

I'm trying to think of any recent huge $ FA signing with more pressure on him than CC.

Maybe Jason Bay or  AJ Burnett and we know how those deals turned out.

Compare Sox coverage to other markets:
    Zito-  Cailifornia
    Dunn- Chicago's 2nd team
    Werth- new team

In Boston
    DiceK- lives in his own dream world
    and even a mental midget like Andrewbytch would admit Drew had a better start than CC.

JD 1st 2 years .796 and .927
    CC 1st 2 years .694 and .569(sample alert)  

Considering CC complained about Tito moving him down the line-up and Henry disowned his signing, I think CC has more pressure than any other player.   Boston is the wrong town to sign for huge money and then go from being the best defensive OF to awful over the winter and to go from 47 SB to 18.  I expect many stories about CC's mental state for years to come.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

I agree with all of the get it done now posters.  With that being said, I think that CC will remain with the RS unless they pay much of his salary.  How many times does that need to happen before they change the way they do business.  IMO he stays, so lets get it done and quit screwing around.  Didn't they do the same thing with Dice-K?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Trying to trade Crawford is going to be difficult due to his contract, but with a shoulder that needs surgery he is doubly tough to trade.

Get the surgery now so that he can play and become more easily traded next year when his salary will be at least a little less of a burden.  He may even find a way to be more productive next year as well.

Right now he may have to go down as the worst free agent signing since Barry Zito.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to CC sitting to preserve trade interest before deadline?:
    If the team didn't want CC to pull a Garza and put himself out of trade talks entirely ... does it make sense that they'd sit him more to protect the trade option? (I still think the contract means he's not going anywhere ...)
    Posted by lasitter
    Unless all of the  G M's are on some mind altering DRUG, who in their right mind would want this stiff & the 142MIL  ??????

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to CC sitting to preserve trade interest before deadline? : Unless all of the  G M's are on some mind altering DRUG, who in their right mind would want this stiff & the 142MIL  ??????
    Posted by Bill-806

Theo probably would.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

TJ surgery will happen when RS say they are out of the race. Until then it is 4 on and 1 off. Live with it....they know more than any one here.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Posted by carnie

Carnie, 

I'm sure Notin loves your comment, PHOTO !!
    Three of the best physicians ever. 

Hetch

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Amazing that RS fans b1tched when he was still on DL and now they b1tch and want him to go have surgery.

RS Fans = Multiple Personality Disorder

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

If he absolutely has to get the surgery, then do it now.   Why not have him back and healthy next year?

The guy still has talent.   Look how Dunn has come back. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

TJ surgery will happen when RS say they are out of the race. Until then it is 4 on and 1 off. Live with it....they know more than any one here.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

Of course.  There is no great loss with the 4 on/one off.  We'll just sit him against lefties.  Meanwhile, one more month won't make any difference towards 2013.  From Rotoworld=

If Crawford were to undergo the procedure in October, he could be ready for camp in March. Position players don't require the 12-month recovery time typically recommended for pitchers.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

Crawford said that if the team falls out of contention and there’s nothing to play for, he thinks it would be smart to have the surgery done so that it doesn’t affect next season.

“You definitely want to take care of it as soon as possible,’’ he said. “We’ll have to wait and see. That’s why I tried to get back so quick and help the team. If I can help I still want to do that. If not, we’ll probably have to look into it.”

Crawford said he was told Tommy John surgery would require less recovery time for him than a pitcher.

“About five or six months I was told,” he said.

Crawford said he’s more than willing to keep playing.

Sections
Shortcuts