CC sitting to preserve trade interest before deadline?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: CC sitting to preserve trade interest before deadline?

The problem is this:  Even when he is 4 on, he is not helping the team.  He has one arm.

He should have had surgery in March.  This is some of the worst management I've ever seen.

They are basically throwing CC out there to show how "dedicated they are to winning this year" - even though they know he can't play.  It's all about ticket sales at this point.

"We are still fighting guys - so buy thoose tickets!"

If Crawford had surgery today - he won't be back until August 2013.

Keep dragging it out and we will see him in 2014.  Maybe that's what they actually want.  Maybe they have insurance policies that will cover 2013 salary.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

Was the need for TJ surgery a diagnosis last March? Tell me the details.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

"We are still fighting guys - so buy thoose tickets!"

The decision to play or not play CC will have virtually no impact on ticket sales.  99%+ of all tickets that will be sold, have been sold.  And not even one person in the entire world is going to base their decision to go to a RS game on CC.

If Crawford had surgery today - he won't be back until August 2013.

I showed you my source for March, 2013.  P{lease show us your source for August, 2013.  Or else I will assume you just made it up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

Crawford's need for TJ surgery was first reported on July 8th so I am perplexed on why he should have had it done last March.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

The reason this is a story is because Bobby V wanted to let the world know he disagrees with the Sox medical staff. At this point you can't figure he is long for this job.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

im not sure why anyone would wait to have TJ surgery (even if the recovery time is shorter these days)  it is major and needs serious rehabbing...

apparently the dude's arm is going to fall off if he plays 5 games in a row...so whats the point????

honest to god - beyond dumb

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to "Re: CC sitting to preserve trade interest before deadline?": [QUOTE]The problem is this:  Even when he is 4 on, he is not helping the team.  He has one arm. He should have had surgery in March.  This is some of the worst management I've ever seen. They are basically throwing CC out there to show how "dedicated they are to winning this year" - even though they know he can't play.  It's all about ticket sales at this point. "We are still fighting guys - so buy thoose tickets!" If Crawford had surgery today - he won't be back until August 2013. Keep dragging it out and we will see him in 2014.  Maybe that's what they actually want.  Maybe they have insurance policies that will cover 2013 salary. Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE] It takes half the time for a position player to come back so he would be ready around spring training if he waits until October.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

In Response to Re: CC sitting to preserve trade interest before deadline?:
    [QUOTE]I agree with all of the get it done now posters.  With that being said, I think that CC will remain with the RS unless they pay much of his salary.  How many times does that need to happen before they change the way they do business.  IMO he stays, so lets get it done and quit screwing around.  Didn't they do the same thing with Dice-K?
    Posted by never1954[/QUOTE]

Dice-K had a few good years and then found out he could vacation on the DL and still get paid.  CC began his vacation a bit early.  Yanks had a guy named Pavano that did the same thing.  Contract was up and Pavano is good pitcher for Minnesota.  I expect the same will happen with CC once they trade him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]im not sure why anyone would wait to have TJ surgery (even if the recovery time is shorter these days)  it is major and needs serious rehabbing... apparently the dude's arm is going to fall off if he plays 5 games in a row...so whats the point???? honest to god - beyond dumb
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

According to Rotoworld, if he has the surgery in October, he'll be ready in March.  Accordingly, if he has it now, he'll be ready in January.  We're not out of it, and until we are, I'd prefer CC playing now than playing in January.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clamshack. Show Clamshack's posts

The medical staff was overhauled last January. Please list the mistakes that they have made since then.
    http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120119&content_id=26395918&vkey=news_bos&c_id=bos

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Preserving trade interest?
    Has Scared Ben Cherington found a GM who has had a recent lobotomy?
    Crawford knows what's going on. He realizes he needs the TJ surgery sooner the better, to be ready for his next terrible season.
    Why is the team dragging their feet, in denial on this?
    If Dr. Andrews says he needs the operation, then he does.
    Who are the Sox management to try to spin this issue?
    Disgusting. This management team is vile.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

well, allow me to take the other side for a moment

this season is lost so it can't hurt to have CC around - maybe he can play just well enough where a team would trade for him this winter if we paid like 60% of his salary

and.....if not.......then we can have CC miss the entire 2013 season on the DL without having to sacrifice a roster spot for him

that's the only thing that makes sense right now...........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clamshack. Show Clamshack's posts

I don't have the recommendations from Dr. Andrews on my desk here. Does anyone out there have the detailed report?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CC sitting to preserve trade interest before deadline? : According to Rotoworld, if he has the surgery in October, he'll be ready in March.  Accordingly, if he has it now, he'll be ready in January.  We're not out of it, and until we are, I'd prefer CC playing now than playing in January.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

RIGHT JOEY, BECAUSE WE know the crawford has a history of coming back right on time when dealing with injuries....or anyone on the team for that matter...talk about shortsighted - this season is over...we have to leap frog over 5 teams just to have a shot at a one game wild card...this tells me they dont even value CC....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CC sitting to preserve trade interest before deadline? : RIGHT JOEY, BECAUSE WE know the crawford has a history of coming back right on time when dealing with injuries....or anyone on the team for that matter...talk about shortsighted - this season is over...we have to leap frog over 5 teams just to have a shot at a one game wild card...this tells me they dont even value CC....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

I don't know the medical details behind his injuries.  All I know is what the experts say.  If they say there is no danger to 2013 by him playing a few more weeks, I'll believe them.  And while we have to leap over 5 teams, another way to look at it is that there are roughly 7 teams in the race, and we to finish 2nd out of the 7.  Not all of these teams will stay in the race.  We're nowhere near favored, but there seems to be very little benefit from doing it immediately.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to "Re: CC sitting to preserve trade interest before deadline?": [QUOTE]well, allow me to take the other side for a moment this season is lost so it can't hurt to have CC around - maybe he can play just well enough where a team would trade for him this winter if we paid like 60% of his salary and.....if not.......then we can have CC miss the entire 2013 season on the DL without having to sacrifice a roster spot for him that's the only thing that makes sense right now........... Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE] Expect if he had TJ in October he would be back come March.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: CC sitting to preserve trade interest before deadline?": Expect if he had TJ in October he would be back come March.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

Assuming no setbacks, which is far from a sure thing.  By shutting him down sooner, you build in a cushion for a minor set back or 2.  It'd be different if we didn't have the 4th worst record in the AL (tied with Cleveland).  No harm in waiting until late August to confirm that we're out of it, but I'd prefer that Kalish gets some playing time in case he has to replace Ross next year.

LF: Ross
    CF: Ells
    RF: Kalish
    4th: Nava

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

What is the fascination with Kalish?
    He's nothing special. An injury prone left handed hitting 4th OF,
    though some delude themselves into thinking he's the second Trot Nixon.
    Joe McDonald, actually said, earlier in the season, that he preferred
    Kalish over Ross, when Crawford and Ellsbury returned.
    Do any of these people realize that this team plays home games in Fenway Park and not Yankee Stadium.
    Apparently Theo didn't realize this, with his adoration for all things left handed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]What is the fascination with Kalish? He's nothing special. An injury prone left handed hitting 4th OF, though some delude themselves into thinking he's the second Trot Nixon. Joe McDonald, actually said, earlier in the season, that he preferred Kalish over Ross, when Crawford and Ellsbury returned. Do any of these people realize that this team plays home games in Fenway Park and not Yankee Stadium. Apparently Theo didn't realize this, with his adoration for all things left handed.
    Posted by rightymclefty[/QUOTE]

He's got some good skills but is completely and totally unproven yet at the major league level (he had trouble getting on base when he was in the ML).  I think he'd made a good 4th OF or he looks to me like he could be an every day LEFT fielder but I don't see him being able to bat any higher than 6th or 7th.........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I hope so!

Sections
Shortcuts