Cervasio at home back in New York

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

Cervasio at home back in New York

http://articles.boston.com/2011-04-22/sports/29463911_1_red-sox-nesn-fans

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Cervasio at home back in New York

Tina did a good job covering the Sox.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Who cares?  She is not part of the game.  Plus, she left the Sox for the Yankees.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOU-KILL-US20. Show YOU-KILL-US20's posts

lol she didnt leave for the yankees, fool.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Tina was simply another woman selling her body image for money. The lastest sex sale image is better, even with the fat thighs. Sorry Heidi, be a good sport.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Cervasio at home back in New York:
    Tina was simply another woman selling her body image for money. The lastest sex sale image is better, even with the fat thighs. Sorry Heidi, be a good sport.
    Posted by BaseballGM

Ahhh Softy, the strange perverted sexism coming out again.  Hilarious.  Probably need to try chicken & egg analysis on whether Tina is really a kind of prostitute or whether our over-sexed culture demands the sexualized female to be on display at all times.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Ahh, Space, the complete droned response on what "sexism" is. Sexism is what Cervasio and Heidi are doing for a living. Seen any homely looking young girls or old women working the sidelines? I didn't think so.

Is the culture "over-sexed"? Or is the culture simply putting sex in the same category as a dohnut?

What is "the sexualized female"? Better, what is the "non-sexualized" female? Is that the no make-up and loose fitting cover-all but face and hands and feet clothing?

I'd like to see a male side-line reporter, in tight fitted jeans and a disco open breasted shirt, just so that there is equal opportunity on these jobs. Just think of all the female and male viewers who don't care about baseball, just naturally tuning in............. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Ahh, Space, the complete droned response on what "sexism" is. Sexism is what Cervasio and Heidi are doing for a living. Seen any homely looking young girls or old women working the sidelines? I didn't think so. Is the culture "over-sexed"? Or is the culture simply putting sex in the same category as a dohnut? What is "the sexualized female"? Better, what is the "non-sexualized" female? Is that the no make-up and loose fitting cover-all but face and hands and feet clothing? I'd like to see a make side-line reporter, in tight fitted jeans and a disco open breasted shirt, just so that there is equal opportunity on these jobs. Just think of all the female and male viewers who don't care about baseball, just naturally tuning in............. 
    Posted by BaseballGM

hey, i would love to see the man in disco shirt and tight jeans as sideline reporter too.  That would be a breath of fresh air.  I like your forward thinking here.

And yes, your take on what I am calling over-sexed is absolutely correct.  Culturally, sex has become basically a doughnut.  

And yes, the non-sexualized female is the no-make up coveralls woman, in one instance.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

I'm going to buy you a beer for that last comment, the next time we meet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I'm going to buy you a beer for that last comment, the next time we meet.
    Posted by BaseballGM

I will hold you to that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

hey GM, why not invite Tina's hubby for that beer so you can say to him what you posted here about his wife!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Tina may not have a hubby, perhaps a wifey, but if it's a hubby then she'll tell him whether he gets to go or not.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I liked Tina, but I also liked Eric Frede when he was the on-field reporter. It's a rather trivial job, and I don't get too excited over it. What amazes me is how many very attractive women are TV financial reporters now. Didn't know so many hot babes were into that sort of thing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I liked Tina, but I also liked Eric Frede when he was the on-field reporter. It's a rather trivial job, and I don't get too excited over it. What amazes me is how many very attractive women are TV financial reporters now. Didn't know so many hot babes were into that sort of thing.
    Posted by devildavid

And don't forget the hot weather reporters.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

That's life. Let's face it. We all like to look at attractive women. May not be fair but it is the reality. Fox News and Business have a bevy of beauties. Advertisers have long known that sex sells. Don't knock it , just enjoy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

Aren't most of the anchor people on TV good looking whether male or female. They all need to be good looking, personable, fluent, brilliant, and well read.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

BTW she also has done a lot of radio work and voice over work as well. It isn't all just a pretty face. From Wikipedia:

Life and career

Originally from Nutley, New Jersey, Cervasio graduated from the University of Maryland in 1996 with a B.A. degree in journalism.[2] On her website she says her lifelong interest in sportscasting dates to a trip her family made to the Rose Bowl game when she was eleven years old. At the University of Maryland she worked at the campus radio station WMUC and anchored a sports program Terrapin Time Out on the university's television station.

Cervasio worked at a variety of assignments after graduation. She was a reporter or host on NFL Sunday Ticket, Animal Planet, ESPN2, FSN New York, Sunshine Network, and The New Jersey Fishing Show on CN8. Her radio experience included updates on WFAN in New York, sideline reporting for the NFL on Sports USA Radio, and substitute sports anchoring on the Imus in the Morning program on MSNBC and WFAN. She also had a feature article about then New Jersey Nets all-star guard Jason Kidd published in the Spring 2004 edition of That's Life magazine, and hosted the premiere red carpet screening of the film Remedy in 2004 in New York City. Additionally, she appeared as a special correspondent on the weekly sports television show North Jersey Sports Showcase in the fall of 2004.

Cervasio regards her reporting on the 2006 Winter Olympics for Westwood One radio as a highlight of her career. Before she began working for NESN in 2006, she was the weekend morning sports anchor for WCBS-TV. At NESN she did pre and post-game interviews and reported on the Red Sox as well as in-game sideline reporting. In addition to her sports reporting, she has done radio voiceover work.

Cervasio left NESN when her contract expired at the end of March 2008. She expressed a desire to pursue other opportunities with less travel requirements so that she could be closer to her family.[3] Cervasio then signed a contract to work with MSG in New York as a studio host and Red Bull New York sideline reporter.[4]

She is married to Kevin McKearney.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Aren't most of the anchor people on TV good looking whether male or female

No, unless you consider old men who dye their hair "good looking".

Notice that good ole Tina didn't graduate in 1976. And what's wrong with giving fat women a chance?

It has to be hard for women in the media, they don't have many years before they are replaced by new models.........

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Whatever happened to that George NFL babe?

Sections
Shortcuts