Cespedes?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Cespedes?

Maybe it is just me but if it was up to me I would go after him as hard as it takes to make sure I got him. He would look great patroling that huge Rf in fenway, not to mention his base running capabilities would add a lot of speed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Re: Cespedes?

If I couldn't get Cespedes I would go with Cody Ross and Make a play for a long term fix after the season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Forget Cody Ross cost and Cespedes. Go with Kalish/Reddick and trade Ellsbury plus blocked prospects to get young star Rh Ofer and 2nd tier starting pitcher.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Why are people so high on an unproven player like Cespedes.  Cant even imagine what would happen in this pressure cooker and unforgiving place like boston if he struggles.  if you must, get someone proven.  not sure about cody ross but then again not sure about anyone out there.  definately a crap shoot.  My guess is that kalish / reddick would be ok and concentrate on pitching.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Cespedes?:
    Why are people so high on an unproven player like Cespedes.  Cant even imagine what would happen in this pressure cooker and unforgiving place like boston if he struggles.  if you must, get someone proven.  not sure about cody ross but then again not sure about anyone out there.  definately a crap shoot.  My guess is that kalish / reddick would be ok and concentrate on pitching.
    Posted by never1954

I tend to agree.  Not too long ago we were very high on both Kalish and Reddick.  I don't see the need to give up on them yet.  Cespedes is intriguing, but he is an unproven.  Lots of tools and certainly don't want to see him residing in an enemy OF soon, especially in the AL.  But, our two young guys are ready to earn their keep, that's what I say.

We are supposedly proud of our home-grown...time to let that pride ride again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

First: 10/13/2011
    Last: 12/18/2011
    Forget Cody Ross cost and Cespedes. Go with Kalish/Reddick and trade Ellsbury plus blocked prospects to get young star Rh Ofer and 2nd tier starting pitcher.

YOU ARE AN IDIOT -- SOFTY

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

That's pretty much past our abilities.  Conjecturing on our amatuer opinions about Beltran, Floyd, Madson, etc., is always what made BB great.  It's really kind of impossible to conjecture on a guy we know nothing about.

I like the Cespedes fit.  Platoon him for a month or two with Reddck while he gets his feet under him.  Next year, trade Reddck and make Kalish Cepedes' backup, and in 2014, make Kalish the FT CF.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Every team in the MLB is looking at this kid and waiting for the day that he is eligible.

Should be an interesting process whoever signs him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Every team in the MLB is looking at this kid and waiting for the day that he is eligible. Should be an interesting process whoever signs him.
    Posted by ThatWasMe

Bigger need on our side than yours.  We need a RF and a RH bat.  Signing Cespedes puts Swisher on the bench.  Not much of an upgrade.  You could then trade Swisher, but other teams will know you have to make the move.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Get Cespedes!! He has the best PR!!  It will help our struggles agaist LHP, even though we hit them better than any team in the majors ecept the Yankees!!  Know how awesome the Rangers offense is?? We outhit them vs. LHP!!!!

Can we quit pretending this team needs offense?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: Cespedes? : Bigger need on our side than yours.  We need a RF and a RH bat.  Signing Cespedes puts Swisher on the bench.  Not much of an upgrade.  You could then trade Swisher, but other teams will know you have to make the move.
    Posted by Joebreidey

Hi Joe, Happy Holidays.

Swisher was re-signed because he was the best option available at the time but it certainly doesn't mean that the Yankees would not then try to upgrade that postion if something better happens to come along.

Swisher's past three post seasons have been dismal I have have always believed that the Yankees would like to get younger and more athletic in their corner outfield postions and that Gardner is a 4th outfielder. I believe Swisher's days in pinstripes are numbered.

The competition for Cespedes will not be isolated to just a few clubs, I expect that the Yankees will be right there and very competitive in the bidding.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

That's pretty much past our abilities.  Conjecturing on our amatuer opinions about Beltran, Floyd, Madson, etc., is always what made BB great.  It's really kind of impossible to conjecture on a guy we know nothing about. I like the Cespedes fit.  Platoon him for a month or two with Reddck while he gets his feet under him.  Next year, trade Reddck and make Kalish Cepedes' backup, and in 2014, make Kalish the FT CF.
    Posted by Joebreidey

I have said for some time that what you think should happen happen. I like Kalish in 2014 if we can't keep Ells.

Sections
Shortcuts