c'est fini

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

Re: c'est fini

In Response to Re: c'est fini:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: c'est fini : if managerial indifference were a crime, Francona would be on death row...thanks for the laugh
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Spot on, geo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: c'est fini : Beckett and Lester's poor performances in September/11 were also one of the major causes of the collapse that led to Francona being fired.  In fact the whole pitching staff was awful in September.  That wasn't Francona's fault either.  Works both ways. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

April 2004 was the beginning of Francona being fired......

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]Could be that Bosox1941 once asked Tito for his autograph and got snubbed. Could be that J-Bay lost his beer delivery contract to Valentine's Sports Bar in Stamford, CT. We'll never know.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

LOL, no he never got the chance to snub me. Back in 2004, I saw him blow a game with his knowledge and it started then. He consistantly cost the team in excess of 10 games a year in the standings. He was a lousy manager when he got here, he was a lousy manager while he was here and if someone hires him again as a manager he'll continue to be horrible between the first and last pitch of every game he's a part of.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]Could be that Bosox1941 once asked Tito for his autograph and got snubbed. Could be that J-Bay lost his beer delivery contract to Valentine's Sports Bar in Stamford, CT. We'll never know.
    I forgot, although I vaguely remember when Tito played, I also remember when TERRY played. Neither ever had the chance to snub me...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: c'est fini : Are you comparing the Atlanta press to the Boston press? They fired Francona because he was a terrible manager. BV has forgotten more than Francona ever knew about managing a baseball team. Beckett and Lester are a combined 10-18. Would it be reasonable to expect the #1 & #2 starters to be 18 -10 ?? Or even 20-8 this time of year? A 20-8 record for the 1&2 starters would give the Sox a 63-42 record and in a virtual tie, or a game ahead of the Yankees. How does the performances of Beckett and Lester translate into poor managing???
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]
    Are you kidding me ??  Your calling Valentine a better manager than Francona ?
    Who has the 2 World Series rings ? How many does Valentine have ? That's right zero !!  B.V. has forgotten more than Tito ever knew ? Wow!! I guess that would explain why the Sox have been in last place all year.This might be the most comical post I've ever seen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: c'est fini : Are you kidding me ??  Your calling Valentine a better manager than Francona ? Who has the 2 World Series rings ? How many does Valentine have ? That's right zero !!  B.V. has forgotten more than Tito ever knew ? Wow!! I guess that would explain why the Sox have been in last place all year.This might be the most comical post I've ever seen.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]
    I think Pesky has 2 rings. The bullpen coach has 2 rings. The clubhouse guy has 2 rings. The team trainer has 2 rings. They like Francona were there when it happened, no more no less. 
     Who was managing in 2004 when the Sox went down 0-3 to the Yanks in the playoffs? Do you truly believe that Francona called the Roberts steal?? While he was looking through the rule book to see if he could call for a steal, Manny and Millar gave the steal sign to Roberts. LMAO

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: c'est fini : I think Pesky has 2 rings. The bullpen coach has 2 rings. The clubhouse guy has 2 rings. The team trainer has 2 rings. They like Francona were there when it happened, no more no less.   Who was managing in 2004 when the Sox went down 0-3 to the Yanks in the playoffs? Do you truly believe that Francona called the Roberts steal?? While he was looking through the rule book to see if he could call for a steal, Manny and Millar gave the steal sign to Roberts. LMAO
    There is a fine line between winning and losing a championship. It often comes down to one key play that the manager has no control over. Without the Millar walk, the Roberts steal, the clutch Mueller hit and the Ortiz walk off, the Sox get swept in four , and Tito is probably not around in 2007.  Sometimes it is fate. We could easily have won in 1975, 1978 , 1986 and 2003 if not for one key play. However , Tito was there when we won , so he gets to take some of the credit. That's just the way it is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Who was managing in 2004 when the Sox went down 0-3 to the Yanks in the playoffs? Do you truly believe that Francona called the Roberts steal?? While he was looking through the rule book to see if he could call for a steal, Manny and Millar gave the steal sign to Roberts. LMAO

There are people here who you can have an intelligent debate with.  You're not one of those people.  As you prove every time you make the ridiculous statements above, which I've probably heard you say on this forum about 50 times now. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: c'est fini : There are people here who you can have an intelligent debate with.  You're not one of those people.  As you prove every time you make the ridiculous statements above, which I've probably heard you say on this forum about 50 times now. 

And yet you keep on reading.............Wanna hear about J. Fred Muggs again???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: c'est fini : And yet you keep on reading.............Wanna hear about J. Fred Muggs again???

No thanks.  But you know, Bobby Valentine actually does look a little like J. Fred.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

If failing to make up ground against The Twins at home when they must make up ground doesn't make some people realize it's been over for a long time now I don't know what will.  They are UNDER 500, again.........and 59 and 73 since last Septemeber.  They are more disfunctional than some of the members of this forum and that's really saying something!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

They are not better than any of the teams that are currently ahead of them in the standings...........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: c'est fini : LOL, no he never got the chance to snub me. Back in 2004, I saw him blow a game with his knowledge and it started then. He consistantly cost the team in excess of 10 games a year in the standings. He was a lousy manager when he got here, he was a lousy manager while he was here and if someone hires him again as a manager he'll continue to be horrible between the first and last pitch of every game he's a part of.

This is why intelligent people laugh at Francona haters.

So in your opinion the Red Sox Record would have been the following if Francona was not the manager.

in 04 they would have won 108 games

05-106

06-96

07-106

08-105

09-105

10-99

11-100

If you really think this I don't even know what to say.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: c'est fini : No thanks.  But you know, Bobby Valentine actually does look a little like J. Fred.
    I think you're right, and they have something in common. They're both better managers than Francona.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: c'est fini : I think you're right, and they have something in common. They're both better managers than Francona.

Francona lasted 8 years in the job.  Bobby will be lucky to make it through one.  And he can't go back to his old job, because Terry's got it now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]Minnie Pearl had the price tag on her hat. Bosox1941 has a hate Tito tag on his.

I never really knew Tito, Terry's dad.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: c'est fini : Francona lasted 8 years in the job.  Bobby will be lucky to make it through one.  And he can't go back to his old job, because Terry's got it now.

He should have been considered a great manager by baseball people. Never was voted higher than 4th in MOY voting. Was shunned like the plague by both the Cards and the Cubs after he was fired by the Sox.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: c'est fini : He should have been considered a great manager by baseball people. Never was voted higher than 4th in MOY voting. Was shunned like the plague by both the Cards and the Cubs after he was fired by the Sox.

Valentine didn't even have an MLB job for 10 years before we hired him.  He was big in Japan though.