Challenge met...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Challenge met...

I don't remember who was silly enough, a little while back, to make the claim that the Red Sox offense is really over-inflated because it has feasted on the "soft pitching of the ALE."

After torching the Brewers, with admittedly Marcum out after 1 inning, they then went on to nail two touchdowns on the Green Monster against a team with and ERA of 3.30 or less ...

Two high scoring games against the Brewers and the opening barrage against the Padres a meager 14 runs ...

I think the challenge has been met.

Not that I expect them to keep scoring in double figures every other game, as they have in the last 6 games, but I think the Sox offense will be just fine ...

Imagine, they scored 14 runs even with starting a guy with a game time BA of less than .160 and a guy with one less than .125 ....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 26RINGSANDCOUTING. Show 26RINGSANDCOUTING's posts

Re: Challenge met...

CONGRATS YOU BEAT THE PADRES

I COULD BE CY YOUNG IN THEIR PETCO BASEBALL PARK

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

For some reason I thought this was directed at me because of my avatar. lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

According to my math, the Red Sox have averaged 6.07 runs per game in 27 games against AL East foes and 5.15 runs per game in 45 games against all other opponents.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BOS/2011-schedule-scores.shtml

The Red Sox are loaded, but that's a statistically significant difference*.

* I believe I made the earlier reference to the Red Sox feasting on the soft pitching of the American League East.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 26RINGSANDCOUTING. Show 26RINGSANDCOUTING's posts

In Response to Re: Challenge met...:
    [QUOTE]According to my math, the Red Sox have averaged 6.07 runs per game in 27 games against AL East foes and 5.15 runs per game in 45 games against all other opponents. http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BOS/2011-schedule-scores.shtml The Red Sox are loaded, but that's a statistically significant difference*. * I believe I made the earlier reference to the Red Sox feasting on the soft pitching of the American League East.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]
    YANKEES HAVE 3.55 ERA

ORIOLES HAVE 4.21 ERA

RAYS HAVE 3.82 ERA

ALL SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER THAN SEASONS PAST

IF THAT'S SOFT THEN I'M ICE CREAM

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]For some reason I thought this was directed at me because of my avatar. lol
    Posted by NUSoxFan[/QUOTE]

For some reason ....  :o)  In hind sight I can see why you might think that!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]According to my math, the Red Sox have averaged 6.07 runs per game in 27 games against AL East foes and 5.15 runs per game in 45 games against all other opponents. http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BOS/2011-schedule-scores.shtml The Red Sox are loaded, but that's a statistically significant difference*. * I believe I made the earlier reference to the Red Sox feasting on the soft pitching of the American League East.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

...after tonight's game, that won't change much ....

Shame.  :o)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Completely agree, Yaz. This team is the real deal. We may lose a few -- who doesn't -- but I believe we are marching along to a WS this season, and I can't wait! JMO

The best part of it is, there will be so many players contributing after being called up for different circumstances, that everyone will be able to share in the experience. Good for the guys already here, and good for the guys that will be here for awhile after. In other words...it's all good! lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Completely agree, Yaz. This team is the real deal. We may lose a few -- who doesn't -- but I believe we are marching along to a WS this season, and I can't wait! JMO The best part of it is, there will be so many players contributing after being called up for different circumstances, that everyone will be able to share in the experience. Good for the guys already here, and good for the guys that will be here for awhile after. In other words...it's all good! lol
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Yes ma'am.

I was listening to PTI on ESPN today and as Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbong were making nice over the hot Sox, Tony exclaimed, "They are goimg to win 110 games!"

I don't think the most optimistic of us have gone that high .... maybe BEFORE the season started, but not after 2-10  ...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

this team is good but we need to fill a few holes before we can be considered world series favourites. We need a bullpen arm that can be trusted late in the game cuz we cannot just rely on bard. The guy we need is mike adams on the pads. He made the sox look like minor leaguers in his 1 inning of work. Gonzo wiffed on a pitch way out of the zone. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

rsp34,
    I like that lefty they threw at us in game 1, Lubeke I think..He didnt do too bad either..The Pads got some good, young, solid pitching IMO..I think Hoyer will deal Bell at the deadline too and get something decent back for him..hes building up that farm so the team can possibly sustain a 2-4 year run before the window closes again due to players hitting FA or costing too much in arb and they have to deal them..It would be nice to see their owner put more $ into payroll..Unlike here in tampa, maybe if they have "08'Rays" year THEIR fans will show up and the Owner CAN put more $$ into the team..There is some good talent throughout that SD Organization..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xorsed. Show xorsed's posts

[QUOTE]For some reason I thought this was directed at me because of my avatar. lol
    Posted by NUSoxFan[/QUOTE]

I thought it was directed at you too! haha

This team is hitting fabulously for the past couple weeks. It may or may not dwindle a little bit thoughout the season, but at least we know that they have it in them.

Sections
Shortcuts