Chances Sox land these super stars next year (Who has more chance to play for Sox in 2012??)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Chances Sox land these super stars next year (Who has more chance to play for Sox in 2012??)

Let's just dream

Albert Pujols for 3B or RF Youk DHing or Agon playing RF Pujols at 1B and Youk stays at 3B

Prince Fielder DHing

Matt Kemp playing RF for Sox next year

Jose Reyes stealing bases with Jacoby and speedy Carl

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Re: Chances Sox land these super stars next year (Who has more chance to play for Sox in 2012??)

im not so sure that would be a good dream, the sox are constructed pretty solidly right now, if anything they really need an improvement in pitching, but lacky seems to be turning it around so they dont really need that anymore.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Chances Sox land these super stars next year (Who has more chance to play for Sox in 2012??)

Kemp, maybe.

The others, not too likely.

Especially Pujols. We've covered this ground before, he plays firstbase, we have Gonzalez...case closed.There is no way this guy has range for thirdbase or leftfield. He is getting older , he will remain at first for the rest of his career and he is not coming here to DH.

Gonzalez in the outfield is just ridiculous, the guy can't run.

I hope the fat Fielder never plays here, this guy is a disgrace to athletes everywhere.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Personally i don't see any of them, though there could be a small outside chance the Dodgers would trade Kemp but the RS would have to pony up a A-Gon from SD type package and that is probably a tall order for them.

Jose Reyes is fools gold with way more red flags than Crawford had in FA, and we already have Crawford's contract as a cautionary tale.

Pujolis is getting a bit long of tooth to move to third and his proce tag would be staggering. Fielder would be a DH in Boston and his price tag is way too high.

Personally I don't see the RS making a big splash with position players. Much of their budget is committed for 2012 between the A-Gon and CC signings and accelerators in the current rosters contracts/arbitration awards.

Their concerns IMHO will be how to replace or retain Papi and Papelbon and addressing the rotation depth.

I expect that low splash solutions at SS and RF personally.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Mike Aviles is ready to shine in RF.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

None of the above.

As others have said, retaining Ortiz and ( hopefully ) Papelbon; or attempting to replace them are the big issues.
    Wouldn't be surprised if Theo takes a run at Cuddyer for right field. Believe raises to Gonzalez and arbitration-eligible people will eat up any Drew/ Cameron savings.

So few or no high profile moves ahead.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

I pity the fool that signs Reyes?  How is that for you Theo bashers...one right down the middle.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

Babe Ruth has a better chance than any of these guys. Re ink Paplebon and papi, extend Ellsbury, re sign Bedard, get a solid BP guy. Offseason over

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

disregard my sarcasm i didnt see Kemps name. he does have a better shot than Babe

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I say we wait until november and revist this thread and the countles others related to the 2012 roster...We're still in it and I'd much rather talk about who we mightadd to the roster this year...been pretty quiet on the waiver wire? I've yet to hear any names accociated with either the Sox or Yanks?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

If you are going to dream, which is all any of the above mentioned players are, dream Jose Bautista.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

the only 2 that have any chance of playing on the sox next year are fielder and kemp. fielder would be ideal to replace ortiz at dh. kemp would provide an huge upgrade in the outfield and i would be all for trading ellsbury in a deal for him. that being said of the 2 i would say kemp is more likely. ellsbury has increased his value immensely and could be used as the centerpiece for a deal to bring matt kemp to boston. in a lot of ways dealing ellsbury for kemp would make a lot of sense for the sox. the move would allow crawford to bat lead off and would give the sox a much needed right handed bat in the outfield. this is how the line up would look:

crawford
    pedroia
    gonzalez
    kemp
    youk
    ortiz
    reddick/kalish
    salty/lavarnway
    iglesias/lowrie

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

It will be interesting to see if the sox or the Yanks bite on Fielder. The guy is a monster! Would he be willing to DH?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Too much scar tissue on Reyes' hammies.
    (But we know how Theo's eyes bulge at hitting SSs.)

I'd rate Pujols and Fielder combined at under 1% coming here.

I'd say Kemp has the best chance, but it is still slight.

I'd rate HanRam (as an OF'er/back-up SS) ahead of Kemp.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

What's wrong with you people: we need pitching, especially starting pitching.

Let's dream: Halliday, Verlander, Hamels, Lincecum, Sabathia, etc. Another stud started on this team with the hope of Buck coming back . . . sweet dreams.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigdog1. Show bigdog1's posts

We don't need to blow a bunch of money next year, bring back what we have and add acouple extra parts, BP always needs help, I would let big papi walk though.  Extend Ells.