Changes After Tonights Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Changes After Tonights Game

1. Aaron Cook or Clayton Mortenson up

Thomas gone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roaddogg1959. Show Roaddogg1959's posts

Re: Changes After Tonights Game

In response to "Changes After Tonights Game":
    1. Aaron Cook or Clayton Mortenson up Thomas gone. Posted by ADG

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roaddogg1959. Show Roaddogg1959's posts

In response to "Re: Changes After Tonights Game":
    In response to "Changes After Tonights Game": Posted by Roaddogg1959
    Yes Byrd will be here oops not Larry bird

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Do you guys realistically think these guys are going to help. This team needs a lot more than Cook. It needs good ball players, not throwaway garbage that they have been picking up the last two years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Many changes coming !!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

anyone not part of the 2013 plan needs to be dealt away as soon as possible

Cook would be good if we had a chance.  Since we don't, may as well call up your top prospects.........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from practial. Show practial's posts

This bunch of clowns has got to be the laughing stock of baseball

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

The "bunch of clowns" score 9 runs today.  The bullpen gave up 14 runs.  In the third game of the season, at Detroit, the "bunch of clowns" gave the bullpen a 3 run lead in the 9th and a 2 run lead in the 11th, both of which were blown.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

The "bunch of clowns" score 9 runs today.  The bullpen gave up 14 runs.  In the third game of the season, at Detroit, the "bunch of clowns" gave the bullpen a 3 run lead in the 9th and a 2 run lead in the 11th, both of which were blown.   Posted by maxbialystock
    BV can only play the hand he was dealt. This pitching debacle is all on Clueless Ben Cherington.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

anyone not part of the 2013 plan needs to be dealt away as soon as possible Cook would be good if we had a chance.  Since we don't, may as well call up your top prospects......... Posted by andrewmitch
    Agree. And if we start now we can get a run on it for 2013. It's time to rebuild.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Let it never be forgot that Bobby V tipped his cap to the Boston fans after blowing a 9 run lead. He basically flipped us all off. What a total classless jerk!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yup, we'll have a nice early head start on 2013.

But if we continue to waste the 2012 season patching up the Titanic, we will be no better off in 2013. 

I am sure we are the worst team in baseball since Sept 1 last year but does anyone know by how many games?  I'd think by at least 5 games.........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Bard and Hill in the bullpen would really help this team right now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Changes After Tonights Game:
    Let it never be forgot that Bobby V tipped his cap to the Boston fans after blowing a 9 run lead. He basically flipped us all off. What a total classless jerk!
    Posted by proftom

Up until today I supported BV even though I never liked him.....But today was a mess....granted his guys threw BP but why not let Doubrant try and get 3 more outs???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to "Re: Changes After Tonights Game": BV can only play the hand he was dealt. This pitching debacle is all on Clueless Ben Cherington.
    Posted by Alibiike

Regardless Bobby V has had no positive influence on this team thusfar.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

Many changes coming !!!! Posted by Bill-806
    Many changes are needed!!! Our pitching is all around bad,our bullpen,and the teams chemistry is way out of wack!!!! Red sox have way to much offensive talent to be playing this bad,need defensive changes!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In Response to Re: Changes After Tonights Game : Up until today I supported BV even though I never liked him.....But today was a mess....granted his guys threw BP but why not let Doubrant try and get 3 more outs??? Posted by andrewmitch
    Listen to yourself! It's 9-1 and your young pitcher has 99 pitches. It was the right move to take him out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to "Re: Changes After Tonights Game": Listen to yourself! It's 9-1 and your young pitcher has 99 pitches. It was the right move to take him out.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame

sometimes you make a good decision and lose.
    sometimes you make a bad decision and lose.
    sometimes you make a bad decision and win.
    many people can't tell the difference.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scarhill2000. Show scarhill2000's posts

Valentine did not blow a nine run lead.  He can only use the pitchers clueless Ben provides him.  This debacle rests with clueless Ben but mostly with a bunch of gutless players who should be ashamed to take their paycheck.  Anyone think Beckett or Youkilis will step up?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

Hate to put a damper on the slight glimmer of hope our offense
    showed in scoring 9 runs, but it was scored on Freddy Garcia, who
    is hardly Verlander-like. We did not tarnish a top pitcher, like
    Nova or CC. Face it, we cheaped out on Papelbon, and played
    Costco baseball and bought up all the scrubs in a patchwork
    scenario. Today we reaped what we sowed, to use a biblical
    term. This is it ! We have no bullpen. We trotted the best we had
    out there and got shellacked. It will happen over and over
    unless there is a miracle hurler in the minors. Aceves and
    Morales are it...period. Like it or lump it. Albers is through
    and Thomas will be gone. Our hitting is mediocre, despite
    the 9 runs off Garcia. Aviles can't field worth a lick. He muffed
    two key plays during the debacle. You can't blame Valentine.
    He doesn't have a deep well to draw from. Youkilis is gonna
    be a problem. He can't play two days in a row. We are stuck
    with lousy relief pitching and that spells last place !!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Valentine did not blow a nine run lead.  He can only use the pitchers clueless Ben provides him.  This debacle rests with clueless Ben but mostly with a bunch of gutless players who should be ashamed to take their paycheck.  Anyone think Beckett or Youkilis will step up?
    Posted by scarhill2000

i think they will. and when they do, i think the sox should take advantage and trade them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

He tipped his cap. We all saw it. He got booed and flipped us all off.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Bard and Hill in the bullpen would really help this team right now.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5

Bosox Joe - Agreed. I think tomorrow will be Bard's last start. He'll go to the bullpen to close. Thomas will be gone and Cook will take Bard's rotation spot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I'd just as soon not make the play-offs but only if we brought up our future CA, SS, and 3B.  I am really tired of this current roster, and have been since last year.

Lets rebuild.

There may be a team that will take Beckett down the stretch run if he keeps pitching well.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

With my trigger finger between the Bruins & Sox & the former's loss I said at 9-0, at least we've got a Sox victory and can take this series tomorrow.

I don't know the stats exactly but I believe our starting 5 have a better ERA than the Yankees who ave about 5 I think. But evidenced by us stopping at 9 runs, their relievers are better.

Problem is the Yankees can always score 4-5-6 runs and we, today's 9 runs was a fluke, we usually always score 1-2-3 runs. So what that our starters ERAs are a little better than the Yankees. They and Texas have the 2 best offenses in the game, I think.

Cherry pick from our farms teams going forward I say !!!

Sections
Shortcuts