Changes in the Red Sox roster today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Changes in the Red Sox roster today

Have you ever taken a look at your team's minor league rosters? The OF is the only position at which your team has any depth.

There's plenty of depth at several positions. Much of our depth is at the low levels of the minors...

I trust SoxProspects:
    4 of our top 10 are IF'ers, 4 are SPs, and 2 are OF'ers.
    4 of the next 10 are IF'ers, 2 catchers, 3 OF'ers, and 1 SP.
    6 of the next 10 are pitchers, 2 are SSs, and 2 are OF'ers

In short:

11 of our top 30 are pitchers.
    10 of our op 30 are IF'ers.
    7 are OF'ers
    2 are Catchers.

I guess the question is, "Have you looked our team's minor league rosters?"

A response to your reply...

just because Sox Prospects mentions 7 of the 30 prospects are OF's does not mean that they will play for the Sox.

Did I ever say they will? All you said was th only position we had any depth in the minors was OF. You nevr said ML-ready depth or ML possible depth, although I'll take SoxProspects word that their top players listed have a better chance of making the majors someday than those on the bottom of the list.

They say we have more depth at IF and pitching than OF, and I will think they are probably right. Yes, Kalish and Reddick are probably close to ML ready, but I am certain many players on their list will mke the majors.

We've called up no OF'ers yet.

Look again, Kalish at 50/50 and Reddick as a 4th or 5th OF have a chance. Lin may get some appearences as a 5th OF defensive replacement. Other than that, doesn't look good, unless you feel 23 year old players in kow A ball are on the fast track.

If you are talking ready now, you shoudl have said so. I thougt you were talking about our minor leagues.

As for ML ready, I'd say IF'ers Iglesias and Navarro are ready now and have already seen ML duty. Tejada is a strong prospect and Middlebrooks is rated #5. Ranaudo is only 21, but should make it someday. Doubront already has come up an should be back someday.  I think Lavarnway may be up this year or next. Sure, some may fade away, but take a look at the SoxProspects list from 2-3-4 years ago. It's been pretty accurate.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Would like to say RS track record under Theo at developing minor league talent is pretty good. So no matter what the age the RS farm system has talent. Iglesias/Doubront/Renaudo/Middlebrooks/Kalish/Navarro/Tejada /Cecchini all have MLB player potential.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Changes in the Red Sox roster today:
    [QUOTE]Other than that, doesn't look good, unless you feel 23 year old players in kow A ball are on the fast track
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Would you mind clarifying this statement?  I have no idea who you're referring to.  My first thought was Brentz, but I know you know better than that since he's 22, now in High-A and is in his first full professional season.  Alas, I can't find anyone worth mentioning who's in low A at the age of 23 within the Red Sox Org.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Like I asked,maybe he's the one who needs to "look at the minor league rosters".