1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Changes to forums and article comments

Dottie,any reason the system wouldn't let me use the word "hit" in a thread?As in the batter was ? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to Changes to forums and article comments:

Dottie,any reason the system wouldn't let me use the word "hit" in a thread?As in the batter was ? 

I had to erase it in this post too,although it allowed it in the first sentence.But it wouldn't allow it after "the batter was".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I had the same problem, but even worse, they don't tell you where the word is. I had 11 versions of "hit" and I had no idea what it was referring to as a "abusive word."  Enough with the language meter. if you can't use the word, then dump the forum. It's a major word used in baseball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

Don't cha love it when something works just fine, someone feels a need to fix it?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Hi everybody: Here's an update - 

- The Ignore, Edit, colored fonts, etc. will be back.

- The disappearance of comments on most blogs is a glitch that our devs are working on right now.

- The bad words filter is acting funky ... I'm going to run some tests and grab some screenshots for tech.

Thanks....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

That bat is Ricky's

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lstboss. Show lstboss's posts

Hi everybody: Here's an update - 

- The Ignore, Edit, colored fonts, etc. will be back.

- The disappearance of comments on most blogs is a glitch that our devs are working on right now.

- The bad words filter is acting funky ... I'm going to run some tests and grab some screenshots for tech.

Thanks....

Keep up the good work, it must be difficult trying to get everything to look and act the same seeing how it is a totally different platform. I dont think most realize the changes had to be made because the old platform was run by an outside source and it is now in-house.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

also dottie,
      when you reply to somone's post, it includes the post, but not the name of the person who you are responding to. this needs to be corrected.

thanks again.

Who's this? (Just kidding....we're on it.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from George-Hayduke. Show George-Hayduke's posts

Each post takes up way too much real estate on the screen. Add the fact that people can now add long, inane signatures at the bottom of every post, plus huge avatars, and the over all look and feel is very childish and silly.

This is going to be very annonying for in-game comment threads that can run to hundreds and hundreds of posts. This new format is just not consice enough to work for the in-game comments section for Red Sox games.

It will take scrolling and scrolling and going to the next page and the next page to keep up. Not worth it just  so people can take up all that real estate on the screen with empty space and stupid signatures.

This new format is vastly worse than what was already there- and was working quite nicely.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from George-Hayduke. Show George-Hayduke's posts

Because they were working too well. It was decided that this goofy new fomat would be far more irrittating, and prolly to increase the number of pages we had to access, this driving up the "hitt count" for no other reason than to drive up the hitt count. 

As a side note, I think I just discovered why they don't let you post the word "hitt".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from George-Hayduke. Show George-Hayduke's posts

It's the guy from the Brush Company who goes around door-to-door telling you about the brushes you should purchase and the reasons why.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from George-Hayduke. Show George-Hayduke's posts

Oh I get it. If you don't leave the silly quote in there, your post just gets driven to the end of the line and isn't attached to what you are replying too.

That is very, very poorly written code. Again, this makes for more scrolling and scrolling and scrolling.

The more I look at this, the more cheezy it is. It's as if whoever was in charge had their nephew writhe the code because the kid is "good with computers".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from poprox13. Show poprox13's posts

Also........  Anyone else having this problem?  I log in and check the remember me on this computer box but if I shut the browser down and come back later I have to log in again :(

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lstboss. Show lstboss's posts

Also........  Anyone else having this problem?  I log in and check the remember me on this computer box but if I shut the browser down and come back later I have to log in again :(

yes, the same here

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

can I complain?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

10 tries & that went through!  Are you guys for real?  Can you say ghost town?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to theglobesuks' comment:

Read me handle to understand the Globe. The Red Sox are irrelevant, I am now an Orioles fan. FU GLOBE

Kind of a non sequitur. While both are doing a pathetic job, one does not follow the other?  I will always be a Sox fan!  As for this site??? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Read me handle to understand the Globe. The Red Sox are irrelevant, I am now an Orioles fan. FU GLOBE

p.s.  YOU DEFINE fair weather fan!  I hate this team!  BUT!!!!  It will always be my team!  You're no Sox fan!  Sorry!  You're not!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Hi Dottie,

Thanks for taking suggestions from the masses. It would be great if everyone can only have one screenname. But if that can't be done, I wish there was a way they can notice if someone is playing multiple personalities on the forum, i.e. Sox fans, Yankee fans, and/or other teams's fans. I think that should be a red flag for someone just trolling the board, and let's just say not having the best intentions.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell Dent. Show Russell Dent's posts

Ever hear of beta testing before going live with multiple bugs? 

Just a rhetorical question, but thanks for listening.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

THAT is what it took for you to desert the Sox for the Orioles???  Then RSN is probably better off without you.  :-))

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Dottie...

The thing I miss the most is the ability to go to the last read post in a thread.  Are those little stars coming back?  (I hope!!) 

Thanks

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In response to theglobesuks's comment:

Don't leave, we need real sox fans like you. From your screen name and first post date, it looks like you have been unhappy for years. If the Orioles get eliminated, you can always be a fan of whoever knocks them off. Pretty sad.