1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Changes to forums and article comments

In response to Changes to forums and article comments:

Hi everybody: Here's an update - 

- The Ignore, Edit, colored fonts, etc. will be back.

- The disappearance of comments on most blogs is a glitch that our devs are working on right now.

- The bad words filter is acting funky ... I'm going to run some tests and grab some screenshots for tech.

Thanks....

Suggestion: instead of sending a message that certain words be disallowed it might be easier to simply allow the post but with the offensive word looking in the post like this: *****. That way the person posting can choose to either go back in and edit out the word that was not accepted or else leave it to the reader's imagination.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

BDC, no offense, but not being able to use the word (single) is an alltime joke...this forum is impossible...you have to sign in all the time, it won't keep you signed in, then you get sent to the discussions board, have to look for the Sox board. There's no place on the Sports front page to even go to the board...terrible.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Im getting really tired oftrying to figure out which "s" is not allowed in my posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Tough to post on a baseball forum when you can't use the word that means the ball is put into play.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to BDCDottie's comment:

Hi everybody: Here's an update - 

- The Ignore, Edit, colored fonts, etc. will be back.

- The disappearance of comments on most blogs is a glitch that our devs are working on right now.

- The bad words filter is acting funky ... I'm going to run some tests and grab some screenshots for tech.

Thanks....

The new format should probably not have been implemented without all these kinks worked out before hand.  No disrespect intended but it shows a lack of professionalism/experience on the part of BTC staff to put out a "half completed" project. 

I'm an IT guy for NESN who would never be allowed to do this so I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

Where is my profile? Why was my identity wiped out while most everyone else has been allowed to keep theirs?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

Believe me, as a Sox fan for what seems like a century, this new format is difficult. but cetainly better tan RS I will adapt.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

You currently have your anti-profanity software set too high.  How can you have a baseball forum where you can't use the word h.it as in he h.it a baseball?

There are a ton of things that are censored for no reason. Others have mentioned certain letters are not allowed.... namely these three 'HSU'... what gives?

Oh and can you please allow me to block posters again please?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

My guess is that the issues were not apparent until the forum went live. Thats the way it is with a lot of software rollouts. Besides, its free. You get what you pay for.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yllek47. Show yllek47's posts

Still no comments on Extra Bases, despite blog post on Extra Bases saying it is enabled again.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

My guess is that the issues were not apparent until the forum went live. Thats the way it is with a lot of software rollouts. Besides, its free. You get what you pay for.

When creating new software such as this, we normally test and tweek it on a seperate server to avoid these kind of issues when introducing it to the public.  The old forum should have been kept live while adjustments were made, not very professional considering all the errors.

I love posting here but it says a lot about the creators.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Gross incompetence. People either know how to set up and test a new format or they don't. The people who remade this one didn't know either.
    Yeah, it's "free." But that is like the sign over the door that says, "Free to come in." Just try to get out alive. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

I wonder if you could make this thread, or something similar, a periodic feature of the forum...Perhaps you could run it once a month for a day or two, or less if that is too frequent....That way everyone would feel like they are able to give their input, and also be able to get direct feedback from you, even if it might occasionally be critical.  You might weary of the complaining or the unrealistic suggestions, but it would certainly make people feel that they are at least having their voice heard....Thanks, Dottie....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

I cant post comments  in main articles.

.not a  fun forum

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

this forum blows...maybe that was the goal to end the forum? Wouldn't be surprised, first the Sox mail it in, then the Globe Forum follows suit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" I dont think most realize the changes had to be made because the old platform was run by an outside source and it is now in-house."

Umm - I don't think the change had to be made, my read on it is that they chose to make the change for reasons that made sense at the time. 

However, building and maintaining specialized software is not easy and we're seeing them now. I wish the team luck as this has been a great forum but I'm definitely concerned about the challenges ahead restoring and improving functionality...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It's frustrating to not be able to say the word for when you bat the ball and get on base.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Or uze the 19th letter of the alphabet. AAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGG !!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Which letterz you are allowed to uze zeemz to depend on what time of day it iz.
    What a ztinking mezz.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

It's not that bad Dottie. Fix the word "h.i.t" though ok. I keep using that word over and over. The "s" error message is a pain also.

The rest of the functionality coming back in a few weeks would be nice also. Images, font sizes, better links. Ignore. 

Have you ever looked at google + ? When I do hangouts I love the little hats and halos and such. Something similar to that would really be terrific if you folks ever have time for it ( which I doubt you will but that stuff is fun as heck ).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

boom is right, the word censor is a mess.

Bring back color fonts.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

The worst thing is not being able to see where you were in a thread. I wish they could fix that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

It's not going to be easy to fix these errors without spending the money on professional help, if thats indeed the problem.  Writing/creating new software takes a lot of time and patience.  It appears BDC may have tried to wing it on their own, possibly without the proper staff because they did not create or run the original site.  

If thats the case we appreciate the effort in trying to keep the site running and hope you can correct these issues ASAP.

Good luck!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

When creating new software such as this, we normally test and tweek it on a seperate server to avoid these kind of issues when introducing it to the public. The old forum should have been kept live while adjustments were made, not very professional considering all the errors.

I love posting here but it says a lot about the creators.

When the electronic medical record software went live ( I was a trainer for physicians with it) lots of unanticipated bugs were discovered that were not evident when it was being beta tested. These things happen. Yeah, its frustrating right now to post here sometimes. And if the problems are not fixed in a couple of weeks then I think everyone has the right to complain about it. My opinion is that we need to give the folks who are creating this a little time to get their job done right. And in the end, its not like any of us are paying for this.

Sections
Shortcuts