1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Changes to forums and article comments

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

When creating new software such as this, we normally test and tweek it on a seperate server to avoid these kind of issues when introducing it to the public. The old forum should have been kept live while adjustments were made, not very professional considering all the errors.

I love posting here but it says a lot about the creators.

When the electronic medical record software went live ( I was a trainer for physicians with it) lots of unanticipated bugs were discovered that were not evident when it was being beta tested. These things happen. Yeah, its frustrating right now to post here sometimes. And if the problems are not fixed in a couple of weeks then I think everyone has the right to complain about it. My opinion is that we need to give the folks who are creating this a little time to get their job done right. And in the end, its not like any of us are paying for this. 

I agree, it seems like BTC may have been caught off gaurd either by the originators of the software and host backing out, or BTC choosing to save money and take on the site themselves without enough time and preperation.  There are just two many things missing and overlooked to believe otherwise.

Hopefully it will be up, running and better than the old one soon.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

How hard is it to correct the list of ridiculously censored words?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

How to edit and or delete a post. How to add an image ???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Can we stop with the apostrophe as a banned word?

I have to remove the ones the website itself puts into my responses as part of a quote.  C'mon!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

For goodness sake, shut down this forum until the knuckleheads who've messed it up are replaced by people who know how to do the job. The you-know-what is still a banned construction Who is running this forum? High school juniors in a computer class. No, they would have got it right by now.
    Disgraceful.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

What the h@ll gives with this board.  I wrote a reply to Moonslav and it kept being rejected because of an "s".  I tried to fix it ten times and it kept getting rejected.  Please redo this program or replace the morons who are running it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

It's a brave new world, fred...

Sing...

Sah - weeeeet Ca - ro - liiiiiyiiiinne...

(blah, blah, blaaahh)...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

It's a brave new world, fred...

Sing...

Sah - weeeeet Ca - ro - liiiiiyiiiinne...

(blah, blah, blaaahh)...

Great retort Anti-Body. I just wonder how much longer they are going to take to fix this farce.  As for Sweet Caroline they ought to blow that record up.  It has long outlived its usefulness except for the pink hats, ball washers, and pollyannas.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

What the h@ll gives with this board. I wrote a reply to Moonslav and it kept being rejected because of an "s". I tried to fix it ten times and it kept getting rejected. Please redo this program or replace the morons who are running it.

Fred, the workaround is to copy what you want to respond to and make it a new post, as I did here. Hopefully the fixes are forthcoming soon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I didn't even use 'ess with a hypen' in a post and it was rejected because of it?

This is really absurd.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

My head hurts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Is it just me or does the auto correct not work right with the new system?  I often use an IPAD and the auto correct frequently changes legitimate words into nonsense.  Maybe it's just the combination of the IPAD and BDC.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

My head hurts.

Headaches will be adressed on Thursday of next week. Meantime take two aspirins and go to the Music Forum.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Oh, I forgot to add a :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

I am still unable to leave comments  on the main articles

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArkaSox. Show ArkaSox's posts

No way around it, this new format is just plain terrible.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If you reply to a post, the censored word or letter may be in the post you are replying to and not yours! Go figure!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to moonslav59 comment:

If you reply to a post, the censored word or letter may be in the post you are replying to and not yours! Go figure!

moon,

Logging in every time, the site not remembering your screen name when you do and endless mistakes this has really been frustrating.  The board was always pretty basic but at least functional and enjoyable to post on.  

Sorry guys I have to take a break for a bit until these quirks are hopefully worked out.  No time in my day to correct every thread I try to create or respond to.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

SHUT IT DOWN UNTIL YOU GET IT RIGHT. IF YOU EVER DO. 
    SO IT'S FREE. SO WOULD A KNOCKOUT DROP IF SOMEONE SLIPPED IT INTO YOUR DRINK.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Patience is a virtue.  A virtue that is often lacking here. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Whaddaya mean. There's lots of patients here. :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from poprox13. Show poprox13's posts

Still have to login everytime I open the site, still no comments on the extra bases blog.  This is sure not an improvement!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

This new forum haad better be scraped before it dies of malnutrition. It's really that bad.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Dear  BDCDottie I hope nobody is blaming you personally. I want to say that you have always come across most sincere and caring.

Having said that.... it is pretty bad.   = )