1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Changes to forums and article comments

In response to BDCDottie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How do you change the quote format in order for it to be normal? I've tried moving the forward slash around and haven't been able to find something that works.

[/QUOTE]

Bisson, not sure what you're asking ... 

[/QUOTE]

The Quoting system looks funny for me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Yes the "quoting" is ugly. Otherwise, and maybe it is because I am not posting a lot, things seem to be better  = )

Of course ridding the forum of the "plagiarizer" was a sweet plus!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

By the way, and forgive me if this has been addressed, but is there no way to change your avatar anymore? I've been away a while.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

The "reply" systems is horrible with all the "quotes" everywhere.  To me it is the worst part of the new sysytem.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

snake, I want to add that the slow refreshing, the inability to get to the Sox Front Burner without going through 9 links, the miserable fonts just make this far worse than the previous forum. In fact, I could never understand why the change. The last forum was terrific, fast posting, easy to read, easy to find, lots of traffic. I've posted less than 100 posts since the change because frankly I can't understand half the posts with the quotes and the replies. I'm not trying to be mean or anti-forum, I love the Globe forum and enjoy bantering with all my Sox fan friends here. It's just way too difficult to post and exchange ideas.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomp4. Show boomp4's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

snake, I want to add that the slow refreshing, the inability to get to the Sox Front Burner without going through 9 links, the miserable fonts just make this far worse than the previous forum. In fact, I could never understand why the change. The last forum was terrific, fast posting, easy to read, easy to find, lots of traffic. I've posted less than 100 posts since the change because frankly I can't understand half the posts with the quotes and the replies. I'm not trying to be mean or anti-forum, I love the Globe forum and enjoy bantering with all my Sox fan friends here. It's just way too difficult to post and exchange ideas.

[/QUOTE]

Agree with it all. Put this back on the front page.

Charge us to read our own comments and you will have no readers!

Why is this the first item on the front burner all the time? Stop trying to control everything and everyone like Obama.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Is anyone else having problems accessing this site using IE 8? I can access it only using other browsers. I called BDC to get a clarification..no response yet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomp4. Show boomp4's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is anyone else having problems accessing this site using IE 8? I can access it only using other browsers. I called BDC to get a clarification..no response yet.

[/QUOTE]

IE 9 works fine

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Danny...

I simply added the Red Sox page  (BDC > Sports > Red Sox) to my "Favorites" and now I come directly to that page when I click on the icon in my "Favorites".  From there it's only a matter of clicking "On the front burner" and I'm there! No logging on, no lengthy procedure to get here.

Two things now for me...

I still want the old stars back.  I read here occasionally but I can't always remember what threads I've read or how far I've gone into them.  It sure would be nice to be able to go immediately to "First Unread Post"... like I used to.  :-(

Also, twice in the past couple of days the first page of "On the front burner" has shown that Dottie has been the most recent poster in this thread, but when I try to read it her post isn't  there.  Am I not getting her posts, or has someone figured out a way to make it look like she's posting when she's not? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to boomp4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

IE 9 works fine

[/QUOTE]

After some research I discovered that I have IE9 installed too, but for whatever reason I cannot access BDC with that browser. Other browsers work fine. Weird.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomp4. Show boomp4's posts

pumpsi - must be a setting in ie9 but I could not tell u where to look. maybe someone on the board knows. you could reinstall and see if that cures the problem

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to boomp4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

pumpsi - must be a setting in ie9 but I could not tell u where to look. maybe someone on the board knows. you could reinstall and see if that cures the problem

[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I fixed it. Put this website on compatability mode. I had my computer repaired recently and they must have screwed up the settings somehow.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

I am probably not paying attention, Dottie, but can you still post internet links to baseball stories, or is that a thing of the past?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:

I am probably not paying attention, Dottie, but can you still post internet links to baseball stories, or is that a thing of the past?

You have to add a title to the link for it to be clickable.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Can trolls still be banned?  There's a poster called 'bellhorn_' who is trolling in the Red Sox forum and now in the music forum too.  This poster has no purpose except to irritate other posters.  Many of us posters in the music forum would like him banned.  Failing that, can we at least get the ignore function back?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can trolls still be banned?  There's a poster called 'bellhorn_' who is trolling in the Red Sox forum and now in the music forum too.  This poster has no purpose except to irritate other posters.  Many of us posters in the music forum would like him banned.  Failing that, can we at least get the ignore function back?

[/QUOTE]

All the previously banned posters are back, nut, like pike. Did you try using the report abuse button?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to MikeNagy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All the previously banned posters are back, nut, like pike. Did you try using the report abuse button?

[/QUOTE]

Yes.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

yazzer is not a "troll" but you are pickled-pike

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

The worst part is the whole "qoute" thing.

It is so horrible to the eye that it makes me not want to read threads.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I miss the spell check button!