1. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re: Changes to forums and article comments

My question is, "Is this what we've got now, forever?"  I've seen no changes within the past couple of weeks and I can't help but wonder if BDC has stopped working on it.

I post in another much smaller, more local forum that allows me to see the posts created since my last visit.  Is it unreasonable to have that here again?

I just want to know if I have anything to look forward to.  :-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

FTR, not having the ability to know where you were in a thread is the biggest deal here IMO. I wish someone could tell me they're working on that.

And, of course, turning this back into a Sox forum for Sox fans would be great. A place where Sox fans didn't have to be insulted by Yankee fans who have Sox fan pals on the site.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Calzone65    Yonkersman  BDC.... more alias of the scorned and oft-banned pike

Not that I care, it is just fun fun fun playing games with it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Calzone65    Yonkersman  BDC.... more alias of the scorned and oft-banned pike

Not that I care, it is just fun fun fun playing games with it.

I've always liked Pike, but considering all the posters that are annoyed with him here, I've now grown to like him more. Watching all of your obsessions about him is hilarious to me, and some of his comments are hilarious to me.

One guy making all of you so crazy because of comments about all your posts -- not even abusive -- never gets old. And the majority of the time he is dead on with his observations here. Added to that, most of the posters he seems to annoy, annoy me. So it's all good as far as I'm concerned.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Or like the old Eisenhower button opined....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

cool the Report Abuse button finally works. Yay!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

BDCDottie I have nothing other than respect for you as a BDC individual but enough is ebough. Cannot the BDC see that even with baseball over and the Sox sucking air and with ALL THE FLAWS of the "revamped" site that people still want to be here?

The quirks, faults, and headache of this "revamped" site are going to eventaully kill something special. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Yes, folks, as I've said before, restoring the "Jump to last unread post" feature is high on the list. Right now, Tech is focusing on problems with article comments, but being able to add or change avatars, add images to your posts, and jump to your last unread post are next on the list. It's coming!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to BDCDottie's comment:

Yes, folks, as I've said before, restoring the "Jump to last unread post" feature is high on the list. Right now, Tech is focusing on problems with article comments, but being able to add or change avatars, add images to your posts, and jump to your last unread post are next on the list. It's coming!

Dottie...

Thank you for the update.  Speaking for myself, "Jump to last unread post" should be higher on the priority list than changing avatars & adding images.  (Sorry Zac!  :-) )  For me making it easier to navigate is more important than bells & whistles. 

And I'm interested in reading the answer to Zac's question about multi-account posters also. 

Trying to be patient........ 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to BDCDottie's comment:

Thanks, Dottie. Some of these threads are so long it's hard to keep track.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:

LOL S5

sometimes I wonder if they show up

but I'm still having fun posting them anyways

Well, since your whole gig here seems to be making sure Sox fans don't ever post as "just fans" by insisting everyone keep it real, while putting up abusive pics of the Sox as well as the fans that don't obey your orders, I can understand why posting pics is so important to you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I see there is an "edit post" button, but I can't really edit the post.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from momonty. Show momonty's posts

Can't find the comments to Wilbur's blog post today, although it says there are 11 of them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Dear Dottie,

The poster formally known as pike is annoying us all again under his newest moniker: SindarinEribor

Just for kicks can you terminate his account for the 100th time so we can see his next uncreative moniker?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I thought part of the upgrade was that posters could be permanently banned.  But Pike and Softlaw are still running amuck, and ironically they've been using their original screen names, among others of course.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I thought bumping the threads was something we all wanted corrected. If the site is only going to remove posts from spammers that create 1,000 threads while keeping the threads there, the bumping is still successful.

I have to admit, and I've said this before, I could never understand why you could still log-in after being banned and bump threads. Now this is the new thread bumping.

Is the site just planning on removing the OP, and leaving the threads up?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

All I want to say, Dottie, is that I think the forum is improving overall...I think the nastiness level has gone down significantly, and the actual forum software has gotten better!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:

All I want to say, Dottie, is that I think the forum is improving overall...I think the nastiness level has gone down significantly, and the actual forum software has gotten better!

BILL-806 will concur......  Nice job Dottie !!!!!!  Now what about my gift from BDC after my 12000th post  ??????????????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Bill don't you want to give mention to your ugly step-son 2004Idiots? He went all out for you over the season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Bill don't you want to give mention to your ugly step-son 2004Idiots? He went all out for you over the season.

2004 Idio  was/is a good man ........   I heard that he now is working for the "BIG O" writing all the pure B S SPIN that comes out of Washington D C    !!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

There is another issue re: "Edit Reply"

If I tag on a reply to somone's previous reply I can change the words on that previous persons comment. We shouldn't be able to do that. Perhaps you can correct that--I'm not sure how.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts