1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Changes to forums and article comments

Dottie, 2004idiots posts are not showing up on the forums main page, only his profile posting history. Do you have any idea why??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Dottie, 2004idiots posts are not showing up on the forums main page, only his profile posting history. Do you have any idea why??

nevermind dottie. keep it that way. just realized who he is 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

I am still unable to leave comments  on the main articles

YAWN

YAWN

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Pretty bad pike immitation. Zac and Idiots are different people, but I think that you know that.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

So posters are banned on assumptions and guesses?  Gosh, you'd think at least there would have been a forum poll.  The guy was doing some of us a favor by posting the articles here, because not everybody wants to pay a subscription to Globe just to read Sox articles.  If some folks were annoyed by him they could have put him on ignore (when that feature is re-installed).

There's way too many posts on this forum (old and new) about nothing but name-calling other posters.  Gets really tedious when a thread discussion turns from a series of input from differing points of view - whether it is hard stats to support that view or just opinions (both welcome as far as Im concerned)  to just being a name-calling and troll accusation thread.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

no 2004 still not posting. apparently, many can't get on or post.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

okay.  Clamshack posted in what seemed a definitive declarative statement that BDC had banned him.  That just seems a bit heavy-handed to me if true.  Much more comfortable with the "many can't get on or post" explanation.  Thanks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to michaelsjr's comment:

okay.  Clamshack posted in what seemed a definitive declarative statement that BDC had banned him.  That just seems a bit heavy-handed to me if true.  Much more comfortable with the "many can't get on or post" explanation.  Thanks.

michael, 2004 has been trying to post for a few days, showed up in the timeline, but they weren't visable in the forum, just his profile posting history. He asked if his posts could be seen and that's what I was responding to. Other posters aren't able to get on at all. Just going to take some time to get the kinks worked out.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

That is true JBay. I have been locked out all day, depriving all of you of my wisdom :-)
    I tried to sign on but was either handed a long list of links of articles to choose from or returned to the Boston.com website, still not signed on. Frustrating. I thought I was banned for taking so long to recommend the firing of Valentine, but I called and they said it was a technical glitch. I hope 2004 has not been banned. The nice woman I spoke with said that we are all champs for hanging in there. She also said the being banned is not permanent...that banning can be "worked out" in most cases.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

While the current IT problems are extremely annoying, they are not a long-term priority for me.

My nbr 1 issue is IP address recognition....i.e. permanently bar serial abusers like Softlaw and prevent the weirdos like Pike from having multiple screen names.

All else pales in comparison.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

That is true JBay. I have been locked out all day, depriving all of you of my wisdom :-)
    I tried to sign on but was either handed a long list of links of articles to choose from or returned to the Boston.com website, still not signed on. Frustrating. I thought I was banned for taking so long to recommend the firing of Valentine, but I called and they said it was a technical glitch. I hope 2004 has not been banned. The nice woman I spoke with said that we are all champs for hanging in there. She also said the being banned is not permanent...that banning can be "worked out" in most cases.

noticed on another board today you've come around to our way of thinking...WTH took you so long??:) I encountered the same thing...logged off and back on. Think it may be the same woman I dealt with when we were trying to contact harness, a long time poster who was MIA.....lovely woman. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

noticed on another board today you've come around to our way of thinking...WTH took you so long??:) I encountered the same thing...logged off and back on. Think it may be the same woman I dealt with when we were trying to contact harness, a long time poster who was MIA.....lovely woman.

I post only on one other board. What is your screen name over there? Or are you just a guest...
    It took me a long time because I wanted to be sure about V. Too bad..I had high hopes for him.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I post only on one other board. What is your screen name over there? Or are you just a guest...
    It took me a long time because I wanted to be sure about V. Too bad..I had high hopes for him.

Honestly, after seeing him in action during his stint in NY with the Mets, I had none.  Same one. Posted for a while a few years ago on dem yanks, but it's been disabled. Tried a different screen name, email and password...no go. Noticed Fred has no patiece either;)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Honestly, after seeing him in action during his stint in NY with the Mets, I had none. Same one. Posted for a while a few years ago on dem yanks, but it's been disabled. Tried a different screen name, email and password...no go. Noticed Fred has no patiece either;)

If you would like to get on that board I can try to find out why you are having trouble. As long as you were not banned (all bans there are permanent, and they are based on ISP address) you should be able to sign on. It very copascetic over there; no multiple screen names, no name calling, no personal attacks (well, very few). Just not as active as here.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Honestly, after seeing him in action during his stint in NY with the Mets, I had none. Same one. Posted for a while a few years ago on dem yanks, but it's been disabled. Tried a different screen name, email and password...no go. Noticed Fred has no patiece either;)

If you would like to get on that board I can try to find out why you are having trouble. As long as you were not banned (all bans there are permanent, and they are based on ISP address) you should be able to sign on. It very copascetic over there; no multiple screen names, no name calling, no personal attacks (well, very few). Just not as active as here.

Thanks,pumpsie.  I remembered I asked for it to be. Decided one board was enough and chose this one, for various reasons. Thought while the issues were being worked out on this one, I'd post over there for a while. I'll give it a try again tomorrow, didnt have a lot of time to put into it today. Some good posters over there, few post here as well. Noticed zac made a guest appearance. He's one of the best, along with Jete

Sections
Shortcuts