1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Changes to forums and article comments

1-Ignore
    2-Edit
    3-Sign-on

It isn't like this is rocket science.  These features existed in the old format.  It doesn't seem like this is a priority.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

This saying pertains here: "Don't look at a gift horse in the mouth"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

1-Ignore
    2-Edit
    3-Sign-on

It isn't like this is rocket science.  These features existed in the old format.  It doesn't seem like this is a priority.

Joe, it was more of a time issue. Dottie posted in another forum they tested the site before it went live, but some of the missing features couldn't be built before the deadline. They had more than a million user accounts, 3 million posts, everyone's avatar, total posts, first and last post dates, profile data, etc. They're trying to finish it without too much disruption to the forum. I think the last time they shut it down.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Soxchemistry's comment:

I rarely have ever used the edit and spell-check features since I had great teachers in grade school and high school. My great education also made me become a Democrat. Kudos to all if my teachers.

are you going to bring back all your banned screen names, pike??

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Soxchemistry's comment:

I never was Pike. I was always my own person. If you don't like my personna then put me onto ignore. Stop the witch hunt.

I thought that was you, Mikey. just making sure. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

J-BAY I never realized till now but you are a bit like  harness. Similar in the sense you spend a good deal of time trying to understand/communicate to and for the BDC. Why do you do that? Or have I missed something along the way that explains it?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

It has nothing to do with BDC and everything to do with a heads up to other posters, who are being taken in and irritated by a NYY poster. Reactivating an old banned account of a Sox poster, is about as low as you can go. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It has nothing to do with BDC and everything to do with a heads up to other posters, who are being taken in and irritated by a NYY poster. Reactivating an old banned account of a Sox poster, is about as low as you can go. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes. That explains it. The "Sox" poster was banned, and Mikey just reactivated the "Sox" poster's account. It certainly wasn't Mikey's account all along immitating a poster that Mikey himself reactivated.

LOL. That might just be the most bizarre explanation I have ever heard on this board. And I've heard alot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

It's entirely possible that Pike really only had one account at a time, and only created new ones when they were banned. All the other immitations were done by Mikey to irritate posters, and have them all blame Pike -- a poster he couldn't stand, which was probably why Pike was banned.

Pike has said he's 70 years old, and his posts seem to fit that age. It's waaaay more unlikely that he was creating multiple names on the board. He did the same thing with Beni creating multiple personalities that pretended to be Beni (most were political figures, right up his alley) so the board would turn on Beni, another poster he couldn't stand and wanted off the board. Add to that the thread bumping that was blamed on Beni and Pike as well.

And he has shown with the immitations that are known to be Mikey, that he can sound the same. But it really doesn't take a genius to repeat other posters' comments.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

J-Bay accounts go "under review" and never leave that status for most persons.  Nobody is ever officially "banned". I do not pass judgement on those "suspended".

Funny thing with Idiots but the first moment my relationship went bad with harness was because I defended EdithBunker against harness's badgering. Now I to cannot stand Idiots methods and I believe that is part of the reason the board suffers - mass board canvassing of junk by posters.

I for one do not always start threads of quality but I pick and chose the right time to launch one. I recognize most of my comments do not warrant having a thread started just to be heard. It would be a plus on this board if posters like Idiots and Bill-806 did not try to usurp the front page with their "thoughts".

Maybe the BDC taking over the moderates work have penalized Idiots because of his "methods". Just a hunch, as obviously the 3rd party moderator buffoons were unbalanced to put it kindly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Ugh I wish the "edit" function was operatable. I meant to say "I do not pass judgement on those under review (rather than suspended)"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

J-Bay accounts go "under review" and never leave that status for most persons.  Nobody is ever officially "banned". I do not pass judgement on those "suspended".

Funny thing with Idiots but the first moment my relationship went bad with harness was because I defended EdithBunker against harness's badgering. Now I to cannot stand Idiots methods and I believe that is part of the reason the board suffers - mass board canvassing of junk by posters.

I for one do not always start threads of quality but I pick and chose the right time to launch one. I recognize most of my comments do not warrant having a thread started just to be heard. It would be a plus on this board if posters like Idiots and Bill-806 did not try to usurp the front page with their "thoughts".

Maybe the BDC taking over the moderates work have penalized Idiots because of his "methods". Just a hunch, as obviously the 3rd party moderator buffoons were unbalanced to put it kindly.

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Dottie, 2004idiots posts are not showing up on the forums main page, only his profile posting history. Do you have any idea why??

nevermind dottie. keep it that way. just realized who he is

That's JBay's post responding to his own post right on this thread. Did you even read the thread? You might want to ask him who he believes 2004Idiots is. You know, the guy who posts negative articles about the Sox along with negative pics of players and chicken and beer.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Hopefully, once BDC completes building the site and the software can identify and limit screen names per IP address, most of these issues will taken care of, B.

Did you try putting your Burritto screen name in with the email address you're using for Enchilada??  If it's the same IP address, is should recognize it. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

So.....   Perhaps the purge guys were talking about was for real???  It seems there are only about 5 gus left on this forum!  About the same # that still watch the games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

btw...  This "banning" business is pathetic.  Are guys around here so soft that they can't either ignore stupid comments or argue with the substance of what is said????  Who cares if somebody is pretending to be someone they're not?  What difference does it make.  If somebody wants to engage in Socratic dialogue with themselves, who care???

I'm so tired of this "I don't like what he said, & you need to protect me from his mean words," liberal nonsense.  Why is it that the libs always want to limit "free speech?"  What is it about words, ideas, & arguements that they don't like???

How 'bout this?  GROW A PAIR Nancy!

Softy comes back as a new moron every week.  It's still fun to destroy his arguements no matter what he calls himself!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

still cant post  in main articles..

no response from boston.com

lousy service    just like the rsux

thanx for nothing

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dbeach48's comment:
    [QUOTE]

still cant post  in main articles..

no response from boston.com

lousy service    just like the rsux

thanx for nothing

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps if you took the time to speak to them in some SMALLsemblance of the English language they would listen?

[/QUOTE]

Also, you can call them. I am not going to publish their numbers here, but I found them with little effort and spoke with a real person for a while about a week ago. I think the forum is already getting better...not so many problems with the 's issue, not as many repeated logins. Its going to be a while.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In defense of Bill-806 Part 9-Bill-806 is a great poster/great American and great Red Sox enthusiast-Please adhere to BDC’s RULES FOR COMMENTS -Be courteous/Use respectful language/Debate, but don't attack/Your comments must be truthful 2004Idiots