Channel 7: Sox pitchers drank in dugout;Peter Abraham confirmed the report.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: Channel 7: Sox pitchers drank in dugout;Peter Abraham confirmed the report.

Peter I hope your sources are telling you the truth and not setting you up---otherwise this is extremely damageing reporting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I screamed in April 2010 that the Beckett extension was a mistake and I have been screaming for over 2 seasons now that Lester needed to grow up - where are all of those who bashed me for putting down their "G"ods now???

PS - How many JD Drew supporters think that Big Ben should give him a nice extension?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

BWAHAHAHAHA..ROFL>>>LMFAO!!!!

They are so done in this town...I don't care who the RATS are, they are obviously royally PIZZED off at these clowns and the team...we may never know who they are, but they are providing DETAILS, which leads me to believe it is true....the fact that statements came from the three amigos and the sox front office at around the same time also leads me to believe the front office contacted these three cretins and forced them to make statements to save the teams public face with the possible crushing fallout from this latest revelation....just a debacle that gets worse each and every day...can't wait to hear what TEK has to say this AM on WAAF...this should really be a joke...LMFAO

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Channel 7: Sox pitchers drank in dugout;Peter Abraham confirmed the report.:
    Peter I hope your sources are telling you the truth and not setting you up---otherwise this is extremely damageing reporting.
    Posted by MadMc44

This report is now looking like it isn't true.  Definitely not good to be accusing pitchers of something that never happened.  At least according to the recent statements from all 3 pitchers and Francona. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

In Response to Re: Channel 7: Sox pitchers drank in dugout;Peter Abraham confirmed the report.:
    I screamed in April 2010 that the Beckett extension was a mistake and I have been screaming for over 2 seasons now that Lester needed to grow up - where are all of those who bashed me for putting down their "G"ods now??? PS - How many JD Drew supporters think that Big Ben should give him a nice extension?
    Posted by andrewmitch

I'm sorry but from what I remember the Beckett extension was widely criticized....so I'm not sure that you should be asking for credit about some revelation you had. And how is it that last year you thought Lester needed to grow up? Was it because he had turned into one of the most dominant lefties in the league?.....please.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Actually, a lot of people here supported the Beckett extension; not asking for credit, just throwing it back at a few people (and they know who they are) for bashing me for bashing Theo for the extension

Second, how exactly is Lester one of the most dominant lefties in the league?  While I think he is a quality pitcher, he is hardly dominant but that is not the point.  He lets his emotions get the best of him (best example was when he was throwing a no no in Seattle last year and I think it was Nava but the LF missed played a ball into a hit and Jonny boy lost it from there.....many other examples that he can not turn negatives into positives when he's out on the field).......and if he was more mature then maybe he could actually BE "dominant"........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

Actually, a lot of people here supported the Beckett extension; not asking for credit, just throwing it back at a few people (and they know who they are) for bashing me for bashing Theo for the extension Second, how exactly is Lester one of the most dominant lefties in the league?  While I think he is a quality pitcher, he is hardly dominant but that is not the point.  He lets his emotions get the best of him (best example was when he was throwing a no no in Seattle last year and I think it was Nava but the LF missed played a ball into a hit and Jonny boy lost it from there.....many other examples that he can not turn negatives into positives when he's out on the field).......and if he was more mature then maybe he could actually BE "dominant"........
    Posted by andrewmitch

2008:
    210 IP, 152K, 16-6, 3.21 ERA

2009:
    203 IP, 225K, 15-8, 3.41 ERA

2010:
    208 IP, 225K, 19-9, 3.25 ERA

2011:
    191 IP, 182K, 15-9, 3.47 ERA (and this was with his horrible Sept)

If those arent the numbers of ONE of the most dominant lefthanders in the league I am not sure what your definition of dominant is. Just because he gets flustered after a no-no is broken up? John Lackey gets flustered and gives up 6 runs, Lester gets flustered and gives up a couple....thats the difference.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

gee evidence?  Are they supposed to have Bud Light longnecks in their hands?  It ptobably is not true but how in the hell would NESN know?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Actually, a lot of people here supported the Beckett extension; not asking for credit, just throwing it back at a few people (and they know who they are) for bashing me for bashing Theo for the extension Second, how exactly is Lester one of the most dominant lefties in the league?  While I think he is a quality pitcher, he is hardly dominant but that is not the point.  He lets his emotions get the best of him (best example was when he was throwing a no no in Seattle last year and I think it was Nava but the LF missed played a ball into a hit and Jonny boy lost it from there.....many other examples that he can not turn negatives into positives when he's out on the field).......and if he was more mature then maybe he could actually BE "dominant"........
    Posted by andrewmitch

How old are you??? seriously man...  S T F U

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Morning all..responses from Beckett, Lester, Lackey, Francona and the FO......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Lester NEVER lost more than 9 games in a single season PERIOD.  Can you name ANY pitcher with that kind of status Andrew?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

What now happens to mrmojo1120's  newsgathering organization?

"Hey folks, a heads up that we can't allow you to post entire, or significant parts of, articles from other websites. It violates their copyright.

You can post a short excerpt -- say the first paragraph or a summary paragraph -- and then add a link to the full article on the orginal site.

It's the rules of the game in our business, and we want to respect the rights of other sites, just as they respect ours. Thanks."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Next we will hear a rumor that the fans were drinking in the stands during games. When will this end?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

At this point I don't want to know any more details that led to the collapse.  I just want everyone to admit there were mistakes made in personal behavior and being good teammates and it won't happen anymore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

the Red Sox issued a press release denying the explosive allegations. Former manager Terry Francona was included.

“The accusation that we were drinking in the dugout during games is completely false,” Lester said. “Anonymous sources are continuing to provide exaggerated and, in this case, inaccurate information to the media.”

The WHDH report described Beckett as the instigator of the drinking. Beckett has not replied to several requests for comment but did issue a statement through the team.

“I cannot let this allegation go without response; enough is enough,” he said. “I admit that I made mistakes along the way this season, but this has gone too far. To say that we drank in the dugout during the game is not true.”

Said Lackey: “There are things that went on this season that shouldn’t have happened, but this latest rumor is not true, and I felt that it was important to try to stop this from going any further.”

Francona, who last month said poor team chemistry was a factor in the September collapse, said, “In 32 years of professional baseball, I have never seen someone drinking beer in the dugout.”

The statement quoted team president Larry Lucchino as well.

“Tonight our organization has heard directly from Jon, Josh, John, and former manager Terry Francona. Each has assured us that the allegation that surfaced today about drinking in the dugout during games in 2011 is false, and we accept their statements as honest and factual,” he said.

“As we continue our internal examination to fully understand what went wrong in September, 2011, we appreciate these strong and clear statements from our players.

It is time to look forward and move forward, rather than allow a reckless, unsubstantiated accusation from ‘anonymous sources’ to mislead the public.”

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

and this surprises .....????????????????????????????????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I never said Lester was bad.  He's very good.  But he's not dominant.  You should really try doing your analysis without looking at averages as they do not take into account consistency.  And remember, my point is that Lester still has a lot of growing up to do as a pitcher.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Channel 7: Sox pitchers drank in dugout;Peter Abraham confirmed the report. : 2008: 210 IP, 152K, 16-6, 3.21 ERA 2009: 203 IP, 225K, 15-8, 3.41 ERA 2010: 208 IP, 225K, 19-9, 3.25 ERA 2011: 191 IP, 182K, 15-9, 3.47 ERA (and this was with his horrible Sept) If those arent the numbers of ONE of the most dominant lefthanders in the league I am not sure what your definition of dominant is. Just because he gets flustered after a no-no is broken up? John Lackey gets flustered and gives up 6 runs, Lester gets flustered and gives up a couple....thats the difference.
    Posted by gbman87603

And you just proved my case - you see, even you admit that Lester

1)  Does get FLUSTERED

and

2)  Gives up multiple runs after getting flustered

You see, a "dominant" pitcher wouldn't get flustered at all.  Therefore, Lester, according to your own admission, is in fact "NOT dominant".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

With a little more command, Lester would be the best pitcher in baseball.

Of the 20 highest-paid players in baseball, only four (according to fangraphs) met or exceeded in value their 2011 salaries.  Beckett was one of the four.

Nothing looks pretty under a microscope.

Sections
Shortcuts