CHB PRAISES SOMEONE... a little too litte, a little too late

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

CHB PRAISES SOMEONE... a little too litte, a little too late

I could hardly believe my eyes this AM when I opened the site to Sports and the town clown was all of a sudden in high praise mode.

Makes me think that Shaunessy is really just a history writer, not a sports writer.  OK, sports history writer, but he only seems to praise what is past and tear at what is present.

Really, NOW you choose to sing praises ...

Where we you when it counted?  In REAL TIME?

I am literally sitting here with my head shaking.

"The good men do is oft interred with their bones ..."

At least you're bucking old Will ...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: CHB PRAISES SOMEONE... a little too litte, a little too late

People only remember the negative. Shaughnessy has written a lot of positives on Theo and the Red Sox over the years. With the way the season has ended, there were a lot of negatives to focus on and the writers, columnists and fans certainly did that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: CHB PRAISES SOMEONE... a little too litte, a little too late:
    [QUOTE]People only remember the negative. Shaughnessy has written a lot of positives on Theo and the Red Sox over the years. With the way the season has ended, there were a lot of negatives to focus on and the writers, columnists and fans certainly did that.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Roy, good to hear from you.

Enjoy much of your fencing.  Haven't responded to all the much, but I know you are strong at heart for the team.  Kindred spirit ... you mnay be more eloquent, but the spirit is the same!

You may be right that he's written positives.  I stopped reading him, due to the negatives.  Made my bood boil.  If he has written good things, then I must alter my opinion of him somewhat.  I am all for learning. 

It's like avoiding a neighborhood when you were younger.  Why go there when you are fairly sure the chances are high that something unpleasant will happen?  I recognize that the guy has been published and has a following of sorts, but time after tiime, his columns made me more angry than need be. 

So I'll modify my personal stance about him, but I doubt I'll give him any more chances to improve his image with me.

:o)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: CHB PRAISES SOMEONE... a little too litte, a little too late:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: CHB PRAISES SOMEONE... a little too litte, a little too late : Roy, good to hear from you.   Enjoy much of your fencing.  Haven't responded to all the much, but I know you are strong at heart for the team.  Kindred spirit ... you mnay be more eloquent, but the spirit is the same!   You may be right that he's written positives.  I stopped reading him, due to the negatives.  Made my bood boil.  If he has written good things, then I must alter my opinion of him somewhat.  I am all for learning.    It's like avoiding a neighborhood when you were younger.  Why go there when you are fairly sure the chances are high that something unpleasant will happen?  I recognize that the guy has been published and has a following of sorts, but time after tiime, his columns made me more angry than need be.    So I'll modify my personal stance about him, but I doubt I'll give him any more chances to improve his image with me.   :o)
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]
    Hey Yaz -- you've had a lot of great posts in this post-collapse era. I've avoided a lot of it -- with a couple of exceptions -- because there has been too much bile floating around.

About columnists, I rarely get bothered by a columnist or reporter who writes something I disagree with. There might be a couple, but overall, just because I can disagree I don't make it personal. I like Shaughnessy, although there are times when I just roll my eyes. 

Ryan remains my favorite.I think the difference between Ryan and columnists like Dan and Mazz is that Ryan can write something negative but w/o going to extreme, while Dan and Mazz -- Mazz moreso than Dan -- will fall into the columnist trap where they feel the need to go to extreme so it can be controversial, and what was a reasonable criticism gets lost.

Otherwise, I can appreciate good writing and even I disagree -- even when they go over the top -- it helps me crystalize my own opinion.

Just my opinion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Another vapid and witless thread from Yowzer. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Another vapid and witless thread from Yowzer. 
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]Another vapid and witless reply from softlaw.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts