Check in on your predictions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Check in on your predictions

I briefly considered calling this thread Blowing My Own Horn, but really I'm just curious about how people fared in their preseason Red Sox predictions. I had checked in at 95 wins and a division title, which currently is looking fairly prescient. How about you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Check in on your predictions

I believed this team, if relatively healthy, could be a 90 win team and earn a playoff spot.

They exceeded my expectations. Especially when Buch went down and Lester stumbled for that 5-6 week period. This 2013 version of the Sox is the epitome of a team.

Ben has constructed a winner.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

i had the Sox down for 95 losses....obviously my crystal ball was defective...damn you Costco!! YellTongue Out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

84 Wins before season started

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I had us down for about 81 wins-which would have been a huge improvement over the 69 wins we got last year. No way I figured we would be closing in on nearly 100 wins.

I am not disappointed at being wrong.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I predicted 85-88 wins...looks like I will be short by about 10.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Nice pick Carnie!  Amazing your optimistic prediction may even be surpassed, we've a shot at 100.  At the beginning of the spring training I thought 82-80.  By the end of spring training I thought we could compete for a wild card spot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Yup, I figured we'd be behind Toronto, scrapping with the Rays, for a wildcard spot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

80-85 wins here.....and I was being 'giving'.  I REALLY liked the team but to me therewere too many question marks in the starting rotation.  Heck.....who'da thunk Lackey would have been our Ace much of the season??!!

Without a real #1 and mostly #3 pitchers I thought we would be 3rd in the division....barely.  So yeah....I was wrong.....and INSANELY HAPPY I WAS!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I didnt make any prediction cuz I wasnt sure how this team can focus on playing together as a team after what happen last year as well two years ago too along with these many new incoming players.  My biggest concern was the starting pitching.  I never thought that Lackey, Bucholtz and Lester would have a good year except maybe Bucholtz because he missed two months of starts.  But Bucholtz set the tone for the team to have a good full year.  Once I saw the starting pitching isnt my concern after the first and half month of baseball, I felt confidence right away that this team can make a serious damage to the AL East division for the rest of the season.

Farrell must did a great job teaching players on how to play together as a team.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I predicted an 87-75 record with a wild card berth.  

I also predicted the Tigers in the Central, the A's in the West and the Angels with the second wild card.  

I predicted Toronto to win the AL East.   LOL   Yell

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

a .500 team at best.  terrible job by me.  but am VERY happy that i was so wrong!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

We were duped, IC!! LOL

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

I had the Sox within 4 to 7 games of .500 - and at best, third place if something happend to other teams.  So, I guess I won't quit my day job and take up sports booking - LOL :).  I figured too many things had to go right:  Ortiz, Pedy, Ellsbury, Napoli having solid years, with one player having a career year (didn't happen), the starting pitching exceeding expectations (which they've done) and the bullpen not throwing gas on rally fires (Uehura (spelling) - really?).  Seriously, he's having an all-world season.  Got to give props to Farrell and the guys who've contributed off the bench.  I'm thrilled that we'll be in the playoffs, and I'd be elated to see them make the conference championship series.  A world series?  Geez, who'da' thought?  Regardless of what happens here on out, I tip my hats to this team - they have exceeded my expectations 100-fold!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I was high 80s and a wild card place, other records permitting.  I pointed out that the 2012 was not really a 69-win team i.e. their pythag win total was about 75 and they played with a severely depleted roster for the last 6 weeks or so.  100 wins or thereabouts would be a shock, but 90 not that surprising really.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I had them down for about 85 wins and a shot at a wild card...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

We were duped, IC!! LOL

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

My bad.   LOL   Wink

Toronto was eliminated by late June.    LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

I was around there too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

I briefly considered calling this thread Blowing My Own Horn, but really I'm just curious about how people fared in their preseason Red Sox predictions. I had checked in at 95 wins and a division title, which currently is looking fairly prescient. How about you?

Dodgers beat Sox for world series and sox fans go wild blameing everyone from Management to the guy selling peanuts.......Ican see it now !!!..........