CHERINGTON: CARMINE was totally against this deal, she would not approve of JOSH HAMILTON!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

CHERINGTON: CARMINE was totally against this deal, she would not approve of JOSH HAMILTON!

the former had me cracking me up listening to the d and c archive on eei when he said it, totally cool moment on his part. the latter is CONTRARIAN reading between the lines. he repeatedly said it may be best to sign a couple of guys to fill in a few spots rather than go after just one guy. also said that its like getting your tax refund, y spend it all in one place? he may kick hammy's tires but unless he wants a 3 year 42m deal which aint happening. no way we want the drama with the alcohol and so forth. can you imagine the bawston media getting that kind of gift? we will PASSSS....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: CHERINGTON: CARMINE was totally against this deal, I will not be going after JOSH HAMILTON!

In Response to CHERINGTON: CARMINE was totally against this deal, I will not be going after JOSH HAMILTON!:
    [QUOTE]the former had me cracking me up listening to the d and c archive on eei when he said it, totally cool moment on his part. the latter is CONTRARIAN reading between the lines. he repeatedly said it may be best to sign a couple of guys to fill in a few spots rather than go after just one guy. also said that its like getting your tax refund, y spend it all in one place? he may kick hammy's tires but unless he wants a 3 year 42m deal which aint happening. no way we want the drama with the alcohol and so forth. can you imagine the bawston media getting that kind of gift? we will PASSSS....
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

not only didnt BC say he wasnt going after Hamilton, CC, when they asked if he would, he didnt deny it and sounded like he would. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

Re: CHERINGTON: CARMINE was totally against this deal, I will not be going after JOSH HAMILTON!

When D&C asked Cherrington if there was a guy on the Rangers with some offfield issues that they would consider looking at Ben said "YES"... I don't mind some of your mindless rants but please at least tell the truth lol...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

They have the money, Hamilton is the prize free agent, he plays left field and they need a left fielder.  The Sox will at least be in the running...I hope they set a reasonable price and refuse to go over it.  Like no more than 4 years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Considering all the trouble they just went through to ditch Crawford I just don't see Hamilton coming here because he is going to want and will probably get a long term deal (i.e. 7+ years) and the Sox would be crazy to give it to him with his injury history and history of substance abuse which has to have taken a toll on his body even if he is clean now.

Hopefully what Ben C means is they wouldn't be opposed to signing him if he was willing to take a shorter deal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Not sure he gets 7 years at his age, but pretty sure he gets more than the 21 million Gonzalez gets, or the 20 million Crawford gets.  If Hamilton had no history of addiction and batted RHed, I'd be all for throwing 25 million a year at him for 5 years plus option.  But that is not the case, and he likely gets offered more anyway.  We will see.  He is the best hitter availale in FA since Teixeira.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

Hamilton is an old 32 IMO.   I bet he loses it quick also.  Probably acouple more good years and then you'll be looking at a bad contract.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

no more than 4 years........walk away any more than that.......we need players here who aren't about the contract but want to be on a wining organization

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

In Response to Re: CHERINGTON: CARMINE was totally against this deal, I will not be going after JOSH HAMILTON!:
    [QUOTE]no more than 4 years........walk away any more than that.......we need players here who aren't about the contract but want to be on a wining organization
    Posted by Iceman4[/QUOTE]

right now this organization isn't seen as a winning one that's for sure.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArkaSox. Show ArkaSox's posts

Re: CHERINGTON: CARMINE was totally against this deal, she would not approve of JOSH HAMILTON!

The only place Hamilton is going is from left/center field to the permanent DH spot for Texas. 
    They’ll let Michael Young walk (his contract ends in 2013) and move Hamilton into that spot when the time comes.

No other team is going to cough up the kind of money he’s going to want for a player with his kind of baggage.
    He has a built in babysitter in Ron Washington who’s had his own problems with substance abuses in the past. 
    The Rangers are in a sports market that’s primarily dominated by the Cowboys and the media in Dallas doesn’t crawl up The Rangers butts like they do in Boston.

Dallas is a safe market for him and anyway….. Nolan likes him.

Sections
Shortcuts