Cherington must go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: Cherington must go

In Response to Re: Cherington must go:
    [QUOTE]i dont want panicked moves..i actually support not signing these vets, but it wouldve been nice in ben wouldve sort of explained to all why he wouldnt...i mean paps, papi, tek, wake, etc are owed at least that....im afraid that he might not be sure and that no such master plan exists because there is a lil bit of chaos as CHB says...so i get it as far as the anxiety about ben goes - i hope he's not he francona of GMs.....but "he must go"??? really  ..a bit premature no???
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Why are they owed that? If they are free agents and in such high demand as Wakefield's agent stated, he can go sign somehwere else. It's called a negotiation. 

If they truly wanted to play this year, they'd seek a contact elsewhere. They know better. There aren't many teams (if any at all) that are looking for the services of a 40 year old catcher who breaks down every Aug/Sept and a 46 year old knuckleballer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

[QUOTE]When Bill-806 can't inderstand a post he calls the poster Liberal. He does it all of the time. He is not entirely wrong here since most college professors, clergy, college graduates, and highly intelligent are all liberal. Jesus was a liberal. Those who are selfish, shallow, uninformed, don't read, and without a conscience are typically Conservative.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

I've found that most conservatives are more than content to let FOXNews do the thinking for them.  The time saved allows them more opportunity to wave the Flag in my face like they own it.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cherington must go : Why are they owed that? If they are free agents and in such high demand as Wakefield's agent stated, he can go sign somehwere else. It's called a negotiation.  If they truly wanted to play this year, they'd seek a contact elsewhere. They know better. There aren't many teams (if any at all) that are looking for the services of a 40 year old catcher who breaks down every Aug/Sept and a 46 year old knuckleballer.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

really, a guy plays 10-15 years for your team and you cant tell him whether or not he's part of the team's future plans...how does this give you an advantage as GM??? you people fail not only as storng decisive leaders but as human beings...

dumb...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]I agree wholeheartedly with Jader.  Here are the facts: He didn't pony up 4 years and record cash for a closer on the wrong side of 30 and clearly on the downslope of his closer shelflife.   He didn't jump to give multi years and 10+ mil per to a 36 year old DH. He didn't even jump in the mix at all to sign any so-so outfield platooners for big FA money. AND, to make matters worse, he didn't rush to ink an inexperienced manager. HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO MAINTAIN A BLOATED, OVERPAID, UNDERACHIEVING REPUTATION WITH A GUY WHO IS NOT DOING ANYTHING TO UPHOLD IT?!?!
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Unforgivable!!! A large group of unruly men are now assembling on Yaykee way with ropes and torches.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I really have zero idea as to why a formal offer or severing of ties has not been issued on Tek and Wake. It woirries me the FO is actually weighing on bringing them back.

Or...

With all the bad PR this last two months maybe they are holding off on announcing that both are being kicked to the curb, and the FO actually thinks their will be more fan lashback? Ha! We would celebrate.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

[QUOTE]When Bill-806 can't inderstand a post he calls the poster Liberal. He does it all of the time. He is not entirely wrong here since most college professors, clergy, college graduates, and highly intelligent are all liberal. Jesus was a liberal. Those who are selfish, shallow, uninformed, don't read, and without a conscience are typically Conservative.

It's because most in acedemia use the classroom as a way of life....professional students/professors who have lost touch with the real world.

Incidentally, if you're interested, I have a 6yr professional degree who was forced to stomach liberal, oral diarrhea the whole time....and NOT in a political science class.

I know, it's difficult for you liberals to make it on your own without asking for everyone else to pay the bill.  For once, please take the public nipple out of your mouth.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Grand Slam!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Clearly, you are a conservative doing a parody of "progressive" arrogance. Not bad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Jesus was not a Leftist. "Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigdog1. Show bigdog1's posts

Why should Cherington go?  WHat has he done wrong?  Yes Luchinno is going to lead for a while but this front office works as a team.

Sections
Shortcuts