Cherington: No intent to trade Ellsbury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Cherington: No intent to trade Ellsbury

In response to darrylfries' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Puts to rest all the rumors the recent signings are a setting up a trade for Ells to get a starting good pitcher   Unless Cherington is being a little less than honest.

[/QUOTE]

Don't believe this for second and in the meantime, we need to keep Jacoby's mind on the task in hand.   

#1 Jacoby has very little trade value at the moment because 2011 has yet to find a consistent pattern like his trips to the DL. 

#2 He is a FA after the season 

#3 Boras is his agent

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

See Pagan, Carnie, you big dope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

I had forgotten I insulted you. Thanks for reminding me. BTW I'm still waiting for you to tell me why you love Hank Williams.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:
    [QUOTE]

The sox overpaid on Victorino that's the opinion of most baseball insiders . Bleacher Report is right on. 

Shane Victorino statistically had the worst full season of his career in 2012.

Yet, the Red Sox still signed the free agent to a three-year, $39 million deal.

Victorino posted career-low numbers in batting average, on base percentage and slugging percentage.

Last season, the 32-year-old hit .255 and slugged .383 with 72 runs, 29 doubles, seven triples, 11 homers and 55 runs batted in. He had a career-high 39 stolen bases, but he also posted a career-high 80 strikeouts and a career low .704 OPS.

Not once in the 2012 season did the Hawaiian native hit greater than .290 or slug greater than .450 in a month (excluding October, in which he played three games).

In the final two full months of his contract year, Victorino hit .239 with only 13 extra base hits and 15 RBI combined.

The soon-to-be Red Sox right fielder really hasn’t been that great over the last three seasons.

Since 2010, he’s hit .264 and averaged approximately 84 runs, 27 doubles, 11 triples, 15 HRs and 62 RBI. The long-time National Leaguer has averaged 31 stolen bases a season, but with his on base percentage declining and hitting a career low in 2012, his stolen base total should see a decline as well.

By signing Victorino, the Red Sox will no longer be pursuing other free agents like Josh Hamilton, Cody Ross and Nick Swisher.

The Red Sox could have signed Hamilton to a three-year deal worth twice as much as Victorino's, but instead they decided to save $30-plus million and pass on one of the best hitters in the league

Almost $40 million over three years is a lot to pay a player who hit just .230 and slugged .332 against RHP last season.

In fact, former GM and current ESPN analyst Jim Bowden predicted that the two-time All-Star and three-time Gold Glove Award winner would sign for three years and approximately $30 million. Bowden noted that Victorino is “in decline” and “his contract will exceed his talent because of his makeup.”

The Red Sox looked past that and overpaid the free agent’s predicted, overpaid contract by about $10 million.

[/QUOTE]

Overpaid a Jim Bowden prediction.

Go back and check out Bowden's track record as a GM.  Not sure his opinion scares me off that much all things considered...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I had forgotten I insulted you. Thanks for reminding me. BTW I'm still waiting for you to tell me why you love Hank Williams.

[/QUOTE]

Here's a hint: he changed his moniker to hankwilliamsjr right after his racist statement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Here's a hint: he changed his moniker to hankwilliamsjr right after his racist statement.

[/QUOTE]

which racist statement? there has been many cases of his racism

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

which racist statement? there has been many cases of his racism

[/QUOTE]

The one where he got banned from MNF.

Sections
Shortcuts