Cherington quoted he will spend more money !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Cherington quoted he will spend more money !

Cherington, espn.com nov. 15 2012 quoted "he expects the team's payroll to be among the highest in baseball."

Aprox. 45 mill guarantee payroll already, Matt Swartz on Red Sox Arbitration projection salaries will total aprox. 29 million and this means that Cherington will need to spend at least 100 million to hit the top three teams payroll in the MLB.

Cherington also quoted that he is building the teams future not making a overnight fix.

Chad Finn today in his article mention a question for the Sox fans high risk low risk players.

My answer Hamilton will be a high risk and he is left hitting batter same as Papi, if the Sox sign Josh this means the sox will need to go find a power RH batter for the sox home games. What is your view on Finn's suggestions?

Finn's low risk commodity is Lance Berkman, who i believe is older than most 1B that the sox's are pursuing but Lance is good low risk player. What is your opinion on this move?

Happy american thanksgiving, i am canadian but i work PT for a american base company here in southern ontario. I get most of the american holidays so thank you for friday saturday sunday and monday days w/o working I need the rest. The best part it works out with my other PT job except monday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Cherington quoted he will spend more money !

In response to boborielly224's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cherington, espn.com nov. 15 2012 quoted "he expects the team's payroll to be among the highest in baseball."

Aprox. 45 mill guarantee payroll already, Matt Swartz on Red Sox Arbitration projection salaries will total aprox. 29 million and this means that Cherington will need to spend at least 100 million to hit the top three teams payroll in the MLB.

Cherington also quoted that he is building the teams future not making a overnight fix.

Chad Finn today in his article mention a question for the Sox fans high risk low risk players.

My answer Hamilton will be a high risk and he is left hitting batter same as Papi, if the Sox sign Josh this means the sox will need to go find a power RH batter for the sox home games. What is your view on Finn's suggestions?

Finn's low risk commodity is Lance Berkman, who i believe is older than most 1B that the sox's are pursuing but Lance is good low risk player. What is your opinion on this move?

[/QUOTE]

Lance is a good low risk player. I think if hes signed to play 1b there wont be a lot of wear and tear on that knee. in 2011 he played over 140 games in the OF and hes got a great OBP. Im sure the sox will check in on him.

I also might not mind hamilton on a deal no mare than 3 years. Id def put protection clauses in it for injuries and "falling off the wagon" though. We can afford an overpay for less years. I thoink he will still produce for 2-3 more years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]

Happy american thanksgiving, i am canadian but i work PT for a american base company here in southern ontario. I get most of the american holidays so thank you for friday saturday sunday and monday days w/o working I need the rest. The best part it works out with my other PT job except monday.

[/QUOTE]

Hello boborielly224.   :)

I'm Korean.  

I did not know that Jim Carrey, Michael J. Fox, Pamela Anderson, and the late Peter Jennings are Canadians.    :)

Blue Jays fans should be excited about the 2013 season.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hello boborielly224.   :)

I'm Korean.  

I did not know that Jim Carrey, Michael J. Fox, Pamela Anderson, and the late Peter Jennings are Canadians.    :)

Blue Jays fans should be excited about the 2013 season.  

[/QUOTE]

I always will be a die hard Red Sox fan. Growing up playing baseball in the seventies, my first position was catcher and Fisky was my man to mentor along with the Yaz. The Blue Jays are the one of the Sox's rivals but just makes it more exciting when Boston comes to the Skydome to play.

The jays did almost the similar move the Sox made alomost a year ago. Big names but no coaching staff see what happens this may back fire on the jays.

Sections
Shortcuts