Cherington says Cody Ross still in the picture.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Cherington says Cody Ross still in the picture.......

Red Sox general manager Ben Cherington indicated that free agent outfielder Cody Ross is still in the picture and that the team has not closed the door on re-signing him.

Hate To Say It But He Might Have To Look  At Swisher, If The Napoli Deal Crashes....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: Cherington says Cody Ross still in the picture.......

In response to 56redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Red Sox general manager Ben Cherington indicated that free agent outfielder Cody Ross is still in the picture and that the team has not closed the door on re-signing him.

Hate To Say It But He Might Have To Look  At Swisher, If The Napoli Deal Crashes....

[/QUOTE]

When nobody wants Cody he will pull the ( i always wanted to remain in Boston speech ) And sox will over pay and say they outbid everyone  .And how much are those hard to get Monster seats????.... I miss Pedro and even Manny being Manny.... Anything, Anything... Do they even sell a Cody Ross shirt???? Must be in the Drew pile.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think Swisher should be signed over Ross regardless.  Hes more versatile than Cody and I doubt Nap stays in the lineup all year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Rangers need Cody Ross bad.  they will pony up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rangers need Cody Ross bad.  they will pony up.

[/QUOTE]

Bad is in very, after losing Hamilton and Young.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Further evidence that the roster for 2013 is still not complete...the addition of Ross would make sense. An opening day outfield of Ross (LF), Ells (CF) & Victorino (RF) would be pretty decent with Gomes and Kalish as the 4th and 5th...the biggest issue I see is that Ross with Gomes already in the mix is somewhat redundent since he really isn't an ideal fit anywhere but in left.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I wanted Ross back, and prefer him to Gomes but having two similar, limited players makes little sense.  If one batted lefty or both could field well I'd be ok with both but the two are too similar to make any sense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

we have wily mo gomes now...whats the point of signing ross?

get a damnnn pitcher please

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Cherrington isn't ruling out ANY mediocre players.  Not sure why the media has to report this.  It is obvious.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Not sure that Ross is still not in the picture especially if Ellsbury gets traded soon even though Ross is still kind of a platoon type player very much like Gomes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I think it's surprising he is not back yet...

He is said to only be looking for 25 mil over 3 years...

Less money than Stephen Drew...

The fans love him, the bat flip is awesome...

Kind of surprising he isn't back yet...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Ross isnt that good of a player, i dont understand the infatuation with him around here, he's Jonny Gomes but a bit better in the outfield. strikes out wayy too often

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Ross has Phillie written all over him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Ross has Phillie written all over him.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ross makes no sense at this point, we dont need any more medicore players. if we are going to get a LF, it should be along the lines of justin upton, giancarlo stanton type, a difference maker. someone we can hit in the 3/4 spots. as it stands right now we really dont have any middle of the order bats.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Cody Ross keeps looking at the 2013 Red Sox team photo and his image keeps disappearing and reappearing like the family photo with and without Michael J. Fox in Back to the Future.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ross is 2 year base 5 guy, max. I expect Cherry has already offered 2 years and 20M. The only hope is that the Rangers get this glorified platoon player.

[/QUOTE]

AS SPOKEN BY MR. TROLL himself. Softy, your self potrait below !! 

Hetch or Anti Softy

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

where would the sox play Cody Ross at this point?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:
    [QUOTE]

where would the sox play Cody Ross at this point?

[/QUOTE]

The only way I can see it making sense is if Ellsbury is traded and Victorino moved to center, and even then you'd have an outfield of platoon players. Hopefully they're looking at someone who can hit RHP or are confident that Nava and Kalish are ready to play a lot.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts