Cherington

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Cherington

The guy basically went from GM of the Year (going back to the CC/AGON trade) to a mystery. I"m sure he knows the current Sox offense will not cut it. What he is going to do may be to throw away 2014 for 2015. I hope not, but it's starting to look that way. The pitching is so good with Lackey, Lester, Rubby, you have to try to get '14 back in order. But again, trotting out Dan Nava and Jonny Gomes and Herrera and JBJ and a few others because they don't have other choices is pretty miserable. It's not working. I leave it up to Ben to fix it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

Re: Cherington

Honestly I think he doesn't care about this year. His team won a WS last year so that buys him goodwill from fans and owners, and he has a lot of young guys to evaluate.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The guy basically went from GM of the Year (going back to the CC/AGON trade) to a mystery. I"m sure he knows the current Sox offense will not cut it. What he is going to do may be to throw away 2014 for 2015. I hope not, but it's starting to look that way. The pitching is so good with Lackey, Lester, Rubby, you have to try to get '14 back in order. But again, trotting out Dan Nava and Jonny Gomes and Herrera and JBJ and a few others because they don't have other choices is pretty miserable. It's not working. I leave it up to Ben to fix it.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think so

hard to imagine spending on drew and stopping there

why not stop B4 drew

IMO there's no question

U have enough arms to get a bat

problem is it's a tad 2 early 4 deals

and can the sox hang until then

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

pin, but the problem is that the Drew move has been pretty bad--10 mil spent and maybe it was Cherington getting spooked by how poorly the move has worked. The fact is that the Sox were playing their best baseball prior to Drew coming back and with Xander at SS, although it had nothing to do with him playing that spot. The team had a good thing going and maybe Ben realizes he was pressured by the top brass to make any kind of move--then he signs Drew. The team has been pretty mediocre since Drew returned to the team. Ben doesn't know what his next move is, or maybe he is working on a possible Buchholz or Lackey deal. I don't know and he isn't saying.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

A good pitcher will get a good offensive player....need a RBI-guy, run producer...might be hard to get at this point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The guy who was droining on about the A's forgets that they their guys are actually producing offense, you know that thing that allows you to put runs on the board while your pitchers are holding teams to 1 and 2 runs. The Sox best chance at scoring is doing a Jackie Robinson bolt for home to beat a ball in front of the plate...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The mistakes were made during the off season. It is tough to do much at this point. I would definitely give Betts a try. Beyond that , I don't see much. Is there a trade available that would help turn things around?  I doubt it. Just have to hope that a few of these guys start to hit. I really don't see what else can be done right now.

Stabbed by Foulke.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

pin, but the problem is that the Drew move has been pretty bad--10 mil spent and maybe it was Cherington getting spooked by how poorly the move has worked. The fact is that the Sox were playing their best baseball prior to Drew coming back and with Xander at SS, although it had nothing to do with him playing that spot. The team had a good thing going and maybe Ben realizes he was pressured by the top brass to make any kind of move--then he signs Drew. The team has been pretty mediocre since Drew returned to the team. Ben doesn't know what his next move is, or maybe he is working on a possible Buchholz or Lackey deal. I don't know and he isn't saying.

I hear U DC

but let me play the devil's advocate here

what really hurt the feel good feelings of the drew signing was the

the timing of super holts debut

and that's changed a little now that he is playing in the OF

IMO it's to early to judge drew

whether they should have been in the minors or the majors he needed AB's

FWIW I think the sox make a move for a bat

FWIW2 I think JBJ is a bigger problem than drew

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think so

hard to imagine spending on drew and stopping there

why not stop B4 drew

IMO there's no question

U have enough arms to get a bat

problem is it's a tad 2 early 4 deals

and can the sox hang until then

[/QUOTE]

Cherington made the Drew move when the season was potentially still salvageable. At the time I think it was the right move to make because doing nothing doomed the team to baseball purgatory. Something had to be tried. Turned out in hindsight that it didn't change anything because the team still has too many losers and underperformers offensively. And I agree with you: JBJ is a major problem. Right now I don't much care if he is in CF because we won't make the playoffs with him OR without him. But if we were trying to contend and he was still out there that would be a big mistake. His fate is that of a late inning defensive replacement OF.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes they're just tossing this season out the window. They're just using this year to see what they got in J.B ...Gotta be close to the worst outfield production ever seen with no solution in sight.  They'd be right in the race if they added one more bat with some pop but I think Ben is afraid to trade any of the youth...Just think about all those 1 run losses and no effort to get any outfield offense. Should of just left Boggy at SS and somehow got a bat at 3rd or outfield. They've cashed in already in ticket sales from last year so it looks like they're just gonna sit around and enjoy the World Cup this year..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe the Dodgers can be used as a dump site again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Lex44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes they're just tossing this season out the window. They're just using this year to see what they got in J.B ...Gotta be close to the worst outfield production ever seen with no solution in sight.  They'd be right in the race if they added one more bat with some pop but I think Ben is afraid to trade any of the youth...Just think about all those 1 run losses and no effort to get any outfield offense. Should of just left Boggy at SS and somehow got a bat at 3rd or outfield. They've cashed in already in ticket sales from last year so it looks like they're just gonna sit around and enjoy the World Cup this year..

[/QUOTE]

I said something similar to that during spring training. Last year was for the fans, this year is for ownership. This ownership and FO definitely does not believe in dynasties. How sad.