Cherrington and Henry on their way to Seattle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Cherrington and Henry on their way to Seattle

Reportedly, not good news for Valentine. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

Re: Cherrington and Henry on their way to Seattle

The time is now to fire Bobby Valentine!...the red sox brass need this as their first task to fix this team!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Maybe it is to announce the Ross extsension?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

It would be nice if they were there to start talking trades with the M's front office to bring King Felix to Boston this off season,but I doubt that's what's happening.Pure speculation but,they could be there to personally check out some M's players for a possible Ellsbury trade this winter.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Red Sox management are "Sleepless in Seattle". 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JN86. Show JN86's posts

It is so funny how you guys say bring this guy to Boston - get this guy. Trust me - any player with a say in where they are going is NOT coming to Boston.  It is not due to the way  the team is playing - it is due to the circus that is around the team.  Outside of NE - Boston is being talked about in negative ways.   The way the media destroys players and fans jump on board is total tabloid and everyone knows it.  Do you really think a player who is worthy of a great contract is going to pick Boston to play.  Especially after they saw two free agents sign long term contracts only to be traded away cause the team was having a bad year.  Boston is a joke

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I'm catching the 8:30 PDT train to Seattle.

Perhaps I'll be named the next Red Sox manager ... at least the Red Sox stat geek.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Hill55, I have no doubt you would do a better job than Valentine. I have faith in you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

It certainly wouldn't be a bad thing at this point to see Bobby fired.  The team is playing out the season at this point with no real pitching and manager they don't respect.  The off season could be very interesting, I really feel management will get this team back on track sooner than we think.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

From ESPNBoston.com:

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/8333204/boston-red-sox-owner-john-henry-says-not-seattle-fire-manager-bobby-valentine 

Boston Red Sox owner John W. Henry is in Seattle, but said in an email he is not there to fire manager Bobby Valentine, despite rampant speculation that the team's disastrous West Coast swing might prompt him to do so.

"No!" he wrote in answer to a question of whether he had gone to Seattle for that purpose.

General manager Ben Cherington also has joined the club in Seattle, where the Red Sox begin a three-game series Monday after being swept by the Angels and Athletics in the first two legs of this trip, losing six games while being outscored, 54-15, but said he was planning to do so all along.

"Nothing going on other than a bad losing streak," Cherington wrote in an email.

A team source reiterated Monday that despite the appearances of a "death watch," Valentine's fate will not be addressed until after the season. The 62-year-old Valentine has a year remaining on the two-year contract he signed last December.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Something tells me the Mariners don't want a 30 year old injury prone center fielder when they  are in rebuild mode every year. The would probably want a package revolving around Will Middlebrooks or Matt Barnes, plus other top prospects.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It is pretty certain that Valentine is out after the season. Firing him now would accomplish nothing. There has been enough upheaval already. What would you do ? Make Bogar the interim manager ? What good is that ? Bogar should be gone after the season also.  The season is lost.  Just play the young guys as much as possible and finish out the schedule. Then think carefully about who gets the job.  And , think very carefully about how to spend the money that was saved with the L.A. trade.  That is the best way out of this mess.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

I think Bobby's done, but I don't expect it to happen during the season, and I expect it to be announced as more of a mutual thing. Dumping last year on Tito then hiring Bobby to solve the problems Tito caused, then having a much, much worse year and having to fire Bobby just makes the front office look bad...and they don't like looking bad.

Having said that, I can't see them heading to Seattle for anything good. The season is done. They have no shot at making the playoffs. It's not like it's July and a big team meeting might get things back on track...there's no point now, and if anything the worse they finish the better the draft pick next year. I don't care if they win another game the rest of the year, they're probably better off if they don't.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I heard the players are bit*ching to their agents about how they are being used - and that's what the meeting is about.

How much do you want to bet the player is Aceves? Guy is starting to look like a serious DB.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

the operative word is "reportedly"....I believe nothing that the Boston media writes

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

"reportedly" is the word

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

The only thing I'm fairly certain of is that they're not flying there to sample the coffee.  There's a reason.  Everything beyond that is speculation.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtDawgSox. Show DirtDawgSox's posts

JN86
    "it is so funny how you guys say bring this guy to Boston - get this guy. Trust me - any player with a say in where they are going is NOT coming to Boston.  It is not due to the way  the team is playing - it is due to the circus that is around the team.  Outside of NE - Boston is being talked about in negative ways.   The way the media destroys players and fans jump on board is total tabloid and everyone knows it.  Do you really think a player who is worthy of a great contract is going to pick Boston to play.  Especially after they saw two free agents sign long term contracts only to be traded away cause the team was having a bad year.  Boston is a joke"

well written and well said

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:

Perhaps I'll be named the next Red Sox manager ... at least the Red Sox stat geek.

Not a chance, as the Red Sox don't have a position for a bugaboo planter who trolls message boards of brands that are better than the Mariners.

Perhpas the Mariners will hire you to be the official spinster, taking a team that won't make the playoffs and spinning it as one of the better times for Mariners fans.

I'm pleased to report that I'll be in the company of a union president on Labor Day to see your Red Sox play the Mariners at Safeco Field ... and that on the train trip up to Seattle I finished reading The Price of Inequality by Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz.

Have a Happy Labor Day.

Sections
Shortcuts