Cherrington and Henry on their way to Seattle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

Re: Cherrington and Henry on their way to Seattle

They might not be going to Seattle to fire Bobby....but if they're going to have a chat about the teams problems and struggles and what could be done about it....firing Bobby might come up as a possibility.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JN86. Show JN86's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:

Any player will lick boots and sign with the Red Sox if they'll make an offer that is another year longer and/or the same or higher base than the other teams. MLBPA plays strictly for the money, with few exceptions.

I don't agree.  If you don't think players are thinking twice about signing long term contracts with  Boston- then you are crazy.  Getting "another year" means nothing now in Boston.  Cause if you have a bad year that stability might very well be gone - especially if the media does NOT think you are living up to your contract.   A player could got somewhere else and not have to deal with the circus and feel they have some sort of stability.  Boston has been tarnished - BIG TIME!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Maybe Cherrington should get a job out there selling coffee because his pickups this year with the exception of Cody Ross stink.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

BV should be gone but it will make no difference. Their starting pitching is horrendous and a new manager won't change that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In rezponze to AL34'z comment:

Maybe Cherrington should get a job out there ......

Bailey'z been great in his ZZZ, as expected....can't blame Ben for his freak injury.   Zweeney - the throw in - was a decent backup OF.  Zhoppach was a great addition in a minor role.  Pod?  The Dodger deal was zpectacular.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

It is pretty certain that Valentine is out after the season. Firing him now would accomplish nothing. There has been enough upheaval already. What would you do ? Make Bogar the interim manager ? What good is that ? Bogar should be gone after the season also.  The season is lost.  Just play the young guys as much as possible and finish out the schedule. Then think carefully about who gets the job.  And , think very carefully about how to spend the money that was saved with the L.A. trade.  That is the best way out of this mess.

+1 on all of the above.
    and scoop some nice draft picks...very valuable if we want to do a trade at some point as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Motown9009s comment:

I think Bobby's done, but I don't expect it to happen during the season, and I expect it to be announced as more of a mutual thing. Dumping last year on Tito then hiring Bobby to solve the problems Tito caused, then having a much, much worse year and having to fire Bobby just makes the front office look bad...and they don't like looking bad.

Having said that, I can't see them heading to Seattle for anything good. The season is done. They have no shot at making the playoffs. It's not like it's July and a big team meeting might get things back on track...there's no point now, and if anything the worse they finish the better the draft pick next year. I don't care if they win another game the rest of the year, they're probably better off if they don't.

" ..there's no point now, and if anything the worse they finish the better the draft pick next year. I don't care if they win another game the rest of the year, they're probably better off if they don't."

right. ive been saying that for a couple weeks.
    was obvious to me couple weeks before teh all star break where this team was headed.
    26 or so more losses would put us aroud #1 in draft
    play youth. 
    moppup pitchers late.
    bring guys up.
    find out what you can find out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to stan17s comment:

BV should be gone but it will make no difference. Their starting pitching is horrendous and a new manager won't change that.

+1