Cherrington does a Super Job at Explaining the Bradley Decision

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Cherrington does a Super Job at Explaining the Bradley Decision

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

http://bostonherald.com/sports/red_sox_mlb/boston_red_sox/2013/04/gm_promotes_bradley

Nothing to explain..... The Kid belongs as does IGGY too !!!!   Thanks Ortiz & Drew too !!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

bill continues to babble that not having ortiz in the line-up is a good thing.

bill's knowledge of baseball continues to decline. it now stands at less than zero.

OK Big Fella.......  Cut the B S , please......  Let's start to ask the hard questions here.... 1/ Are you concerned about Ortiz's return ???  When ?? .....  2/ Even if he comes back, what do you think he can/will give us ?????   3/ even if he is 100%, what will he do for J F's plans of a being a "speed" team ????.......    4/ At what point should the Red Sox become concerned ?????    5/ What % of Red Sox Nation has already embraced the thought that "PAPI" won't be coming back ?????   Continue to trash me if need be, but may I suggest that you and the T-ballers need to wake up & face the day !!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

bill's knowledge of baseball continues to decline. it now stands at less than zero.

OK Big Fella.......  Cut the B S , please......  Let's start to ask the hard questions here.... 1/ Are you concerned about Ortiz's return ???  When ?? .....  2/ Even if he comes back, what do you think he can/will give us ?????   3/ even if he is 100%, what will he do for J F's plans of a being a "speed" team ????.......    4/ At what point should the Red Sox become concerned ?????    5/ What % of Red Sox Nation has already embraced the thought that "PAPI" won't be coming back ?????   Continue to trash me if need be, but may I suggest that you and the T-ballers need to wake up & face the day !!!

I seriously doubt if Ortiz is coming back any time soon.  He missed all of spring training and most likely did not work out during the off season.  Most likely, testing has ended the once great slugger's career. 

This is coming from a guy that wanted Ortiz to go bankrupt before last season, you are a bit biased.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I seriously doubt if Ortiz is coming back any time soon.  He missed all of spring training and most likely did not work out during the off season.  Most likely, testing has ended the once great slugger's career. 

JACKBU,  Watch out, some of the T-ballers will think that you & BILL-806 think alike !!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

This is coming from a guy that wanted Ortiz to go bankrupt before last season, you are a bit biased.

I think I reported that his restaurant went out of business.  I doubt that I ever wished he would lose all his money.  If you can refer me to that thread and show me where I said it, I will apologize for those remarks.  Other wise you should be more careful of your statements.

You did call him a clown though.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Bill,

There is a huge difference between thinking that Ortiz will not be coming  back soon and thanking him for being out. Thanking him insinuates that we are a better team without him in the lineup....and that is just ridiculous....there are no facts to think we will get better production out of other players in a revolving DH spot than we would from Ortiz, thus him being out makes us a worse team....if him coming back causes the Sox to send down JBJ and play Gomes in the OF more often and the belief is that makes us a weaker team, that is not Ortiz coming back, that would be a bad Management decision.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomp4. Show boomp4's posts

We all are reading the herald page since Boston.com expects us to pay for timely and informative daily Red Sox updates. Are we seeing the beginning of the end?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

Bill,

There is a huge difference between thinking that Ortiz will not be coming  back soon and thanking him for being out. Thanking him insinuates that we are a better team without him in the lineup....and that is just ridiculous....there are no facts to think we will get better production out of other players in a revolving DH spot than we would from Ortiz, thus him being out makes us a worse team....if him coming back causes the Sox to send down JBJ and play Gomes in the OF more often and the belief is that makes us a weaker team, that is not Ortiz coming back, that would be a bad Management decision.

Just stating the facts.......    1/ Bradley & IGGY started the 1st game and are playing tonight because PAPI & Drew are out, IGGY & BRADLEY "can thank them" !!
     2/there is a fact that says the Sox will be a"FASTER" team with ORTIZ out, we saw that Monday in game one !! 3/ I do agree with you on the future "management decision" !!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Bill,

Just stating the facts.......    1/ Bradley & IGGY started the 1st game and are playing tonight because PAPI & Drew are out, IGGY & BRADLEY "can thank them" !!
     2/there is a fact that says the Sox will be a"FASTER" team with ORTIZ out, we saw that Monday in game one !! 3/ I do agree with you on the future "management decision" !!

And where does the pop come from? Given your general level of baseball acumen it's no wonder you think softlaw is a devoted Red Sox fan and knowledgeable baseball poster.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Bill,

And where does the pop come from? Given your general level of baseball acumen it's no wonder you think softlaw is a devoted Red Sox fan and knowledgeable baseball poster.

exactly. In bed with the guy who thinks Ellsbury going 3-5 with a 3 bagger and 2 RBI wasnt a big part of their win on Monday.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Bill,

There is no guarantee that even if PAPI comes back that his "heel" won't have an effect on that too !!!!   You guys need to "prepare yourself, for life after PAPI"  !!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Bill,

There is no guarantee that even if PAPI comes back that his "heel" won't have an effect on that too !!!!   You guys need to "prepare yourself, for life after PAPI"  !!

There is no guarantee that Iggy and JBJ collide with each other tonight on a pop up either....we can only base the future on the past....Papi had a serious wrist Injury and many people thought this was the end because of his PED history and he came back from that....no reason other than morbid pessimism that he cant recover from the heal injury.....as you have noted correctly....he doesnt and never has made a living based on his speed

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Bill,

There is no guarantee that Iggy and JBJ collide with each other tonight on a pop up either....we can only base the future on the past....Papi had a serious wrist Injury and many people thought this was the end because of his PED history and he came back from that....no reason other than morbid pessimism that he cant recover from the heal injury.....as you have noted correctly....he doesnt and never has made a living based on his speed

37 going on 42 ????  275+LB's ??????   No more milkshakes = Just about cooked !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I can explain the Bradley decision in a nutshell. The best players should play. Period.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

I can explain the Bradley decision in a nutshell. The best players should play. Period.

How's 1974 treating you, Denny?  The best players should not necessarily play, it's more complicated than that whether you like it or not and has been since 23 December 1975.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

How's 1974 treating you, Denny?  The best players should not necessarily play, it's more complicated than that whether you like it or not and has been since 23 December 1975.

Typical reply from you. Another gem. The best players should not necessarily play. Goes good with batting average does not matter. ERA is overrated. And , the classic , wins and losses do not prove anything. Keep trying. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

ben should explain the Drew signing and the Reddick trade...that needs explaining, not JB playing