Cherrington pulls off deal of the century and...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: Cherrington pulls off deal of the century and...

In Response to Re: Cherrington pulls off deal of the century and...:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Cherrington pulls off deal of the century and...": If the past 5 years is any indication, they wil be content to dumpster dive as usual.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Ike, you're starting to parody yourself.  The Sox have had the 2nd highest payroll for years....yet you claim they will "dumpster dive as usual".  That makes no sense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

nhsteven..........right on the money with selling the team idea. Last three yrs. August and Sept. have been brutal for Sox. JH  had that much time to evaluate the performance of his team. I think he finally came to realize that firing pitching coaches, managers and other coaching staff members was not the answer. RS baseball is one big flustercluck right now, with or without the players that left. His " Crew", baseball operations is terrible. Deep down inside he now  knows that there is no statistical model to evaluate a players future performance.    By clearing the large salaries and heavy future financial burdens now, it paves the way for new management to come in and take over. He in effect did his own dirty work....like painting your house before you sell it. The time table for this sale would be sooner than later. If I were an employee of the RS right now I'd be working on updating  my resume and looking for other opportunities.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArtWikle. Show ArtWikle's posts

Clearing out underperforming players like Becket and Crawford helps clear space to rebuild even though the loss of Agon will be felt. The Sox had no money to add anyone in the offseason because they already had $179 mil committed. Now with only 40 or so the Sox can be serious in rebuilding. Also can sign Ells and Ortiz. All that will be needed is a power right handed bat for either left or right field. A decision on a shortstop. A firstbaseman or can Middlebrooks play 1st and find a good 3rd baseman. Then get a starting pitcher and restock the bullpen the Sox can be back in the chase next year. Just think how much is coming off the books Dice K, Agon, Crawford, Beckett, Punto.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Cherrington pulls off deal of the century and... : Hate to repeat myself....This was all ownerships doing not Cherringtons. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE]

Not bursting my bubble in any way. The title was pretty much for all the cherrington bashers...I understand how the process works with this much money being thrown around...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Cherrington pulls off deal of the century and...": Time will tell. This organization believes in improving frm within. Just how long do you think it will take before the youngsters are ready to lead this team? Papi will be gone next year which leaves only Pedey and Lester to carry the team.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

thats if you think they will not make any more moves ...I think there will be a few more moves yet to come in the form of FA, maybe another trade and a couple possible re-signs..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

They've been here what 7-8 yrs now. A steady downward trend after '07 and not looking good three of the last five yrs. They've spent money, built up the park and added seating. They went out and got high priced free-agents in hopes of increasing the winning percentage but that wasn't happening. Pitching remained the problem. Underperforming pitchers at the ML level,inability to develop minor league players for the big club as needed, sending up guys like Spears, Kalish and Repko and keeping down guys like Ciriaco,Gomez,Iggy, indicates an inability to recognize talent or a split in performance evaluation inside the organization. What ever the problem is it's still there. I don't think JH wants to stick around with this group and rebuild the farm system with the sabermetric approach anymore. He also realizes that teams like the Oakland A's and Tampa Bay Rays have a decided advantage over  him when it comes to these very things, pitching and player developement. These two teams develope their own talent for the most part and stay away from the high priced Free agent market. Both of these teams have winning records against the Sox this season with more games to play in Sept. These last forty or so games left in the season will be painful to watch sometimes.....  like last night. There may be a buyer in waiting right now. JH just shed a quarter of a billion + in contractual obligations with more to come. No way he stays for a Ben Charrington moment and risk another disaster. Color this group Gone    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cherrington pulls off deal of the century and... : thats if you think they will not make any more moves ...I think there will be a few more moves yet to come in the form of FA, maybe another trade and a couple possible re-signs..
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

I agree. We can now trade for some shorter term big contract players, sign several low to mid-range FAs (like Shoppach and Padilla last winter), and maybe extend some players we want to keep a little longer.