Cherrington still thinks the Sox can compete for the playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Cherrington still thinks the Sox can compete for the playoffs

Cherington said he still believes his team is in playoff contention and can raise their level of play, though he admitted, "it's an unusual position for us to be in. That's the truth. Our approach at the deadline most every year that I've been here in the front office has been pretty clear. We're trying to improve the team. This deadline is going to take more of a nuanced approach, but we're certainly still focused on 2012 and doing everything we can to win as many games as we can this year."

"Taking Josh Beckett off this team is not necessarily improving things," Cherington said. "We need to add, we need to improve the rotation, if anything -- improve internally or add to the rotation. I think we're sort of stuck in neutral if we start taking guys out of the rotation who are good major league pitchers."   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Cherrington still thinks the Sox can compete for the playoffs

ben is sleeptalking

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoSoxfan56. Show BoSoxfan56's posts

Cherrington was singing the party "line" all the way....it was a telephone interview, so it was easy for Lucchino to whisper in Ben's ear as to what to say.  "Just keep making them thinking this team has a chance, Ben.  Need to keep the fools coming to the Fens to buy overpriced food and drinks...after they pay for those overpriced resale tickets from Ace Tickets.  Don't forget, we get a kickback for those, too."

Larry Lucchino is Jeff Dunham and Cherrington is one of his dummies.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

So Ben, tell us what you're going to do if they DON'T make it?

To me, this is the worst season I've ever seen for the Red Sox. 

Yes, I hate the Yankees but you know what? Give them this: they'd find a way to fix the Beckett, Lester, Crawford issues. They'd find a way to get Dice-K winning. They'd find a way to get Lackey into top shape and pitching lights out. Seriously. 

The Red Sox problems don't beging on the field. That's where they are most visible. It starts at the top. This org needs to look at the Yankees and unashamedly start to do things the way they do things. Wouldn't hurt to look no further than down the road to Foxboro either. Kraft and BB have other teams rebuilding to become the zenith of how pro sports franchises should be run. 

As long as Luccino, Henry, et al see the seats all filled? They ain't doing nuthin' folks! 

The only good news this week? Patriots training camp. I'm wearing my Patriots cap now. Season opener can't come soon enough for this guy. At least I'll see a hands on owner who's well respected everywhere. I'll see a coach that demands effort and results or, you are outta' there. I'll see players, every one of them, giving 110% every second they are on that field. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

he yanks have only temporarily forstalled the bad contracts-old age disease which is gonna hit them over the next couple of years.They might make a run for a wild card next year but they'll be dog-meat for the 2 or 3 years after that.George is gone and the kids ain't gonna spend like crazy with the luxury tax in full force....their bad times are just around the corner and it's gonna look like back to the 80's and early 90's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

If Ben says anything else he is telling you to stop attending games and buying gear.  That just aint gonna happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Cherington is so far over his head he is floating somewhere over the Atlantic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I barely ever said a word about Theo all those years but I can say Cherry sucks. If Luchino is truly the puppet master than he sucks to.

Standing pat essentially over the winter and bringing back the same failed state of mind should be a felony.  

The minute Beckett and Crawford gave Valentine the runaround (ignoring the new skipper) this winter you knew immediately who should be the first two to go.

So I imagine they will only unload Ross, Punto, and Cook now and once again in 2013 the team will ahve the same star losers on it.

Shameful, pitiful, pathetic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Ross could actually bring back a decent prospect.  No reason to go out and trade away any prospects this year though, if the Sox are going to play into October, Beckett, Lester, Crawford, and Aviles all need to turn it around.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Cherrington still thinks the Sox can compete for the playoffs:
    [QUOTE]So Ben, tell us what you're going to do if they DON'T make it? To me, this is the worst season I've ever seen for the Red Sox.  Yes, I hate the Yankees but you know what? Give them this: they'd find a way to fix the Beckett, Lester, Crawford issues. They'd find a way to get Dice-K winning. They'd find a way to get Lackey into top shape and pitching lights out. Seriously.  The Red Sox problems don't beging on the field. That's where they are most visible. It starts at the top. This org needs to look at the Yankees and unashamedly start to do things the way they do things. Wouldn't hurt to look no further than down the road to Foxboro either. Kraft and BB have other teams rebuilding to become the zenith of how pro sports franchises should be run.  As long as Luccino, Henry, et al see the seats all filled? They ain't doing nuthin' folks!  The only good news this week? Patriots training camp. I'm wearing my Patriots cap now. Season opener can't come soon enough for this guy. At least I'll see a hands on owner who's well respected everywhere. I'll see a coach that demands effort and results or, you are outta' there. I'll see players, every one of them, giving 110% every second they are on that field. 
    Posted by mrbungle[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!!  :)

No offense, but what the hell are you smoking?

"Fix Crawford? Get Dice-K winning??? Get Lackey into top shape & pitching lights out???????"  HA!!!!!!!

Obviously you have not been watching, or you'd know that the problems with these three go FAR BEYOND "fixing!"

I will give you credit for realizing that the organization is seriously broken.  I also accept the point that I think you are trying to make, in that the Yankee organization simply would not put up with the out of control dysfunction in this clubhouse, with the manager (little bobby v.), the president, the GM, the pitching coaches, the starting rotation, etc. etc. etc...........   

Let's face it.  Luchino & Henry have allowed this organization to become a joke!  There is no standard of accountability!!!!!  ZERO!  It's shocking that it is so blatantly obvious.  In fact, it is very clear that the players have absolutely no respect for the owners, & not the slightest bit of fear with respect to anything they do.  SHOCKING! 

I WILL AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS FUNDAMENTAL POINT.  SAY WHAT YOU WILL ABOUT THE YANKEES, & I HATE THEM AS MUCH AS ANYBODY, BUT THEY HAVE A STANDARD OF RESPECT, & THEY WOULDN'T PUT UP WITH THE STEADY DIET OF CRAP WE ARE ROUTINELY FED BY FAR TOO MANY IN THIS ORGANIZATION FOR ONE SECOND!  THEY ARE A PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION.  LUCHINO, HENRY, THEO, CHERRINGTON, LITTLE BOBBY V., & TOO MANY OTHERS HAVE MADE RED SOX NATION A CIRCUS!  A JOKE! A FREAK SHOW! IT'S BECOME A HORRIFIC SOAP OPERA! 

The big problem for me???  This has become a train wreck that I can't look away from because it's carrying the team I love. I'm sick about it! Time for big changes!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Ross, Salty, Beckett (though who would want him), Aviles should all be available.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Cherrington still thinks the Sox can compete for the playoffs:
    [QUOTE]Ross, Salty, Beckett (though who would want him), Aviles should all be available.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

add lester and craw.

theylll play he year out i guess
    but i hope they dump beckett adn lester in offseason.
    go young.
    if you got a shot, go after billy beane again.
    guy is great with the budget he works with year to year.
    and have ownership butt out.

would love to have madden and beane.
    if the ownership were not knuckle heads a few years ago they wouldve gone with madden instead of tito.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I bet what he said and what he believes are worlds apart.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I think holding onto Lester one more year is worth it to see if he can straighten out. I would not go past July 2013 if he is still this terrible.  I think just maybe, maybe if we landed a Halliday type (not many out there) who could go in there and assume leadership, command respect, and educate it just may help Lester mentally and mechanically.

If they can't find that leader between now and April 2013 and Lester continues to fail then see you later.

Only Beckett should be removed, and immediately.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to "Re: Cherrington still thinks the Sox can compete for the playoffs": [QUOTE]Ross could actually bring back a decent prospect.  No reason to go out and trade away any prospects this year though, if the Sox are going to play into October, Beckett, Lester, Crawford, and Aviles all need to turn it around. Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE] The only thing the Sox will be playing in October is golf.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

IF HE THINKS THIS ITS TIME FOR A NEW G M

Sections
Shortcuts