Cherry Advertises Red Sox Labor Cost Budget

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Cherry Advertises Red Sox Labor Cost Budget

In response to toccooa's comment:

"I know that we'll have a very strong payroll, a large payroll. I know that we're going to add to it this winter. I'm confident in saying that we'll be amongst the larger payrolls in the game. Exactly where it ends up, exactly what rank we are, I don't know that yet. I think it just depends on what we do.

Big Labor had better call Crawford's agent for some tips. Anyone ever read more incompetent words than these, outside this Board?

His early move was to guarantee 6M for an old career backup catcher who had never made even half the base on that contract offer. His incompetence only makes me resort to humor to supress anger. It would seem fitting that he pays market for Hamilton, the next player to be written off the books with the after trade Cherry comment "he'll be a great player again after he goes elsewhere".

Folks, you can make this up. "A very strong payroll, a large payroll". The largest payrolls in Red Sox history have produced pitiful results for nearly a half a decade. Perhaps a seminar "GM'ing for dummies" would be in order. It's not how much is spent, it's what labor choices it's spent on.  

Of course, he went on to say that the club would not necessarily make 'splashy' moves just to have a high payroll and that the focus was on long trerm competitiveness, not just 2013 contention.  He stated that they were dealing with the Marlins but were not willing to go that big for those particular players.

In fact, the main point of his statement was the main point of yours:  It's not how much is spent, it's what labor choices it's spent on.  

But, don't let the totality of his statement stop you from working up a good rant.  I'm sure it feels good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

"I know that we'll have a very strong payroll, a large payroll. I know that we're going to add to it this winter. I'm confident in saying that we'll be amongst the larger payrolls in the game. Exactly where it ends up, exactly what rank we are, I don't know that yet. I think it just depends on what we do.

Big Labor had better call Crawford's agent for some tips. Anyone ever read more incompetent words than these, outside this Board?

His early move was to guarantee 6M for an old career backup catcher who had never made even half the base on that contract offer. His incompetence only makes me resort to humor to supress anger. It would seem fitting that he pays market for Hamilton, the next player to be written off the books with the after trade Cherry comment "he'll be a great player again after he goes elsewhere".

Folks, you can make this up. "A very strong payroll, a large payroll". The largest payrolls in Red Sox history have produced pitiful results for nearly a half a decade. Perhaps a seminar "GM'ing for dummies" would be in order. It's not how much is spent, it's what labor choices it's spent on.  

Softy, is that you?   "Cherry", "incompetence", "base", "Big Labor"....got a lot of the buzz words.....

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Big Management sucks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

Big Management sucks.

+1

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

The FO still thinks the fans insist on having a field of stars on it.... even if it means over-paying B-rate players to come here and hit 15 homers or win 12 games a year.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

The FO still thinks the fans insist on having a field of stars on it.... even if it means over-paying B-rate players to come here and hit 15 homers or win 12 games a year.

Did BC, LL, JH and TW tell you this?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

B rate players are not stars.  So, if management is overpaying to bring in B-rates, then they are not bringing in stars.  I don't get it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Top management controls everything and is responsible for the results on the field. It's top management's responsibilty to hire competent middle management and to supervise them and make sure they do their job. The buck stops at the top.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

softlaw recommended that Ben pay CC for one more year, so we could get more in return via trade. That's $20M more to a union slug who never wants to show up to work.

Softy wanted us to eat Punto's last year, and be stuck with Beckett's deal as well.

Now, he pretends to adhere to austerity measures.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

softlaw recommended that Ben pay CC for one more year, so we could get more in return via trade. That's $20M more to a union slug who never wants to show up to work.

Softy wanted us to eat Punto's last year, and be stuck with Beckett's deal as well.

Now, he pretends to adhere to austerity measures.

same ol' song and dance

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to devildavid's comment:

Big Management sucks.

+1

I am certain the irony is lost on Taccooa/softy/billy/trotter. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

I know that I, for one,  certainly want Big Management making my health care decisions for me.  The CEO of BCBSNJ is my hero.  I know he has all my best interests at heart and is listening to all of my great ideas, just like Ben C.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Oops.  Sorry...just mixed up the threads.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Signing players to huge contracts is always a risk.  In our case it may have been Theo's influence over our FO after two early WC's.  Remember?  The ones built around our best 20mil a year signing by another GM.  Manny was Manny but he has yet to be replaced in our lineup and gave us great years.  A great BA, OBP, OPS, SO to BB ratio is hard enough to find, never mind maintain it all those years.  PEDS may increase your SLG and overall confidence a bit but players like Manny are hard to find..

Lets give Ben a shot before throwing him under the bus.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

They were a big part of it offensively. The signing of Shilling and a couple other role players were vital parts as well...

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts