Cherry is a Clueless Incompetent: In his own words:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

Re: Cherry is a Clueless Incompetent: In his own words:

Softy, how would you survive withpout a target for your vitriol? But on a more serious note, how will Ben survive if he continues to ignore your superb advice? Inquiring minds want to know.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Crawford wasnt great for us, he was a huge bust...there was no need for Ben to try to spin this at this point....of course being candid is not the sox forte.....meanwhile the "interviews" commence for the next manager (despite the fact that he is probably already chosen)

what did john lennon sing? Just give me some truth?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

What a stupid thread.

If Cherinton actually thought Crawford would be "great again", he would never have included him in the deal.   Does anyone think the Dodgers added more to the return to get Crawford?  They probably lessened it.  

Actions speak louder than words in this case.  This was just politicking...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I don't agree, Kimmi. Even without the "farm scraps" I think the Sox completely hoodwinked Earvin "Mr. Baseball" Johnson....but to get two top pitching prospects and three warm bodies too? Still amazed by the deal....if either Rubby or Allen comes good, it'll rival the legendary dealing of Bob McAdon't for (effectively) ML Carr, Robert Parrish and farm scrap Kevin McHale.

Sonics, I agree that it was a great deal for the Red Sox to be able to get rid of all that payroll, and to get players in return on top of it.  I wouldn't have imagined in a million years that the FO would be able to find someone willing to take on those contracts.

That said, I don't think the Dodgers were necessarily hoodwinked.  Like I said, they had a legitimate postseason shot and they went for it.  Had they won the WS this year, IMO, the move would have been worth it, regardless of what happens for the remainder of those contracts.  Likewise, if they win a WS in the next few years with those players, I will consider it a good move for them. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No, "great" is not a relative term, anymore than a promise to cut the budget in half is a realtive term, or "the hateful film" provoked the murders and chaos at the U.S. embassy. Nothing worse than Cherry defenders, claiming the last year isn't enough time to determine his competence to call Crawford great. Henry should fire him for that absurd comment, alone.

[/QUOTE]

You are not bright.  Cherington is just saying the right things to the media.  He doesn't actually think Crawford is great. Are you really so simple that you don't know such things?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

I don't agree, Kimmi.  Even without the "farm scraps" I think the Sox completely hoodwinked Earvin "Mr. Baseball" Johnson....but to get two top pitching prospects and three warm bodies too?  Still amazed by the deal....if either Rubby or Allen comes good, it'll rival the legendary dealing of Bob McAdon't for (effectively) ML Carr, Robert Parrish and farm scrap Kevin McHale.

[/QUOTE]

Sonic, 

Time will only tell on this deal. Agon was fried by the local media needlessly for lack of showing emtion which too many fans interpreted as his not caring which I doubt is the case. Agon drove in another 108 runs this year, with 188 hits, 47 doubles hitting almost .300. By most standards that's a damn good year but the Red Sox front office and the press made Agon out to be the next Ted Williams even before he got here so all too many fans were not happy with his two season production. Certainly his Gold Glove at first base more than made up for any possible lack of production which as said was still pretty solid. Now that he's gone it's going to be difficult to fill his spot in the line up.

As for Beckett he was an on and off pitcher before we got him. He may never be a consistent winner again. Again time will tell. Label me crazy but look for Beckett with a new club to win 14-17 games in 2013 with an ERA of about 3.20-3.50. Certainly wasn't great in his seven start with Dodgers but he didn't pitch that badly with a 2.93era not getting any run support from the Dodgers. After 2013 He'll return to become Mr.Inconsistant. 

As for CC I look for him to floorish in LA. If CC comes back and plays the way he is capable and Agon has a solid season the Dodger will have gotten the better of this trade as all the Red Sox recieved were a bunch of prospect which at best is a shot in the dark.

On the good side the Sox unloaded a bunch of cash and cleared the payroll to start the needed rebuild but in hindsight I'm not in favor of the trade which I know is probably herecy to many but it's my opinion. CC should have been given another full season in left with Ells in Center and Ross in right. Crawford obviously had an awful first year probably overwhelmed by big market Boston and then injuries only made things worse but CC should still have been given another year. A lineup with CC at his best and Agon next year would have been a potent lineup.

I would have just gone into ST 2013 with Beckett and a new manager to straighten things out. If Beckett didn't tow the line send him to Pawtucket to toil and if he complained eat the contract and call it a day. I won't blame Bobby V for the year, I'll blame the FO for hiring him.  He was a misfit, wrong place, wrong time and probably not a good fit to many anywhere. It was obvious to all from the beginning except the Red Sox FO.

Hetch        

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

You are not bright.  Cherington is just saying the right things to the media.  He doesn't actually think Crawford is great. Are you really so simple that you don't know such things?

[/QUOTE]

Hey Snake, hope all is well, 

We agree on one thing first. Trotter's not the bright, probably less than a one watt lightbulb.

I will agree with him on one thing, great is a relative a overused term just like star and superstar, all over used words. But that's where any agreement with good old Trotter ends. He's truly a clueless and hateful human.  

Hetch

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

And for all you loser Democrat Party collectivists, calling people "haters" because you have a different agenda, understand that the real malice is in those who are so pathetic intellectually that they throw "hater" like spitballs.

[/QUOTE]

Or the way you pathetically name call people here who dont agree with you like some adolescent...Yeah, I understand your point. Pot meet kettle....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

No in actuality the point is that Cherington saying to the media that "Crawford is a great player" means absolutely nothing.  

Your thinking process is like a childs.  "But Daddy why does the man say Crawford is great to the reporter people"?

You need to do a better job figuring things out for yourself so others do not have to spend so much time teaching you things.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

Cherry didn't have to say anything about the embarrassing contract player that is now since been swept under the rug of Red Sox GM office incompetence. You are mental midget who thinks below a child's level.

You are the same drivel drone who claimed Aviles had proven to be a good starting SS. He's since been buried on the back bench, with zero future as anything but a back bencher for any MLB team.

[/QUOTE]

What does any of this have to do with anything? Whether "Cherry" had to say anything or not?

You are simple minded.  "But Daddy why did Cherry say Crawford was great to newspeople? He should be fired for saying Crawford was great".

It really is pathetic that you claim to be a lawyer and then post things that show you have no idea of how the world works.  Some times people just say things to be nice.   Sometimes people say things they don't mean.   You get that right?

Also why are you so obsessed with Mike Aviles?

Creepy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Trotter occasionally you have gem of insight but not in this post. Fail. 

If you'll recall Theo signed Crawford and Cherry managed to get rid of him. As of today that reflects well on Cherry and badly on Theo. Of course not as bad as your pathetic trollish witchhunt of a player no one else is even talking about. 

I realize you are sad that Dice K has played his last wretched game for the Red Sox but you could have done a better job of channeling your emotions than this.

I will say that your incredible pretzel logic of condeming both the Crawford signing and the Crawford trade is an all time achievement in myopia.

[/QUOTE]

Gosh, that was well worded

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

It really is pathetic that you claim to be a lawyer and then post things that show you have no idea of how the world works.  Some times people just say things to be nice.  

What's really pathetic is that your ego is so fragile that you feel the need to keep clinging to this hope that I am not a lawyer. In 1989, the MBE score was 145 or above for admission to the D.C Bar without taking the D.C. Bar. You can't Google that, and, yes, my score was above that I am a member of the D.C. Bar, as well as the South Carolina Bar.

Look, trolling mental midget, Cherry was answering media questions about the Crawford bust. As stupid as you are, you are righ that people typically lie. But you don't have a clue why Cherry resorted to hyperbole. In that context, if he wanted to say something "nice", he would have simply said that Crawford works hard and will continue his oustanding MLB career when he gets healthy. Instead, his self esteem was so low that he answered the critic in a pitifully defensive fashion by saying Crwaford is a great player.

As for not knowing how the world works, Obama is a great example of both lying and not knowing how the world works. When hiring people for government roles that involve responsiblity for the secuirty of diplomats, you don't hire people who make decisions and false statements to project a false image for political re-election purposes.

A stupid hillbilly is more intelligent and honest than you are;)

[/QUOTE]

Obama?  I thought this thread was about baseball?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

It really is pathetic that you claim to be a lawyer and then post things that show you have no idea of how the world works.  Some times people just say things to be nice.  

What's really pathetic is that your ego is so fragile that you feel the need to keep clinging to this hope that I am not a lawyer. In 1989, the MBE score was 145 or above for admission to the D.C Bar without taking the D.C. Bar. You can't Google that, and, yes, my score was above that I am a member of the D.C. Bar, as well as the South Carolina Bar.

Look, trolling mental midget, Cherry was answering media questions about the Crawford bust. As stupid as you are, you are righ that people typically lie. But you don't have a clue why Cherry resorted to hyperbole. In that context, if he wanted to say something "nice", he would have simply said that Crawford works hard and will continue his oustanding MLB career when he gets healthy. Instead, his self esteem was so low that he answered the critic in a pitifully defensive fashion by saying Crwaford is a great player.

As for not knowing how the world works, Obama is a great example of both lying and not knowing how the world works. When hiring people for government roles that involve responsiblity for the secuirty of diplomats, you don't hire people who make decisions and false statements to project a false image for political re-election purposes.

A stupid hillbilly is more intelligent and honest than you are;)

[/QUOTE]

I actually just say things about you now being a lawyer because it makes you post things like you just did above.

Talk about a fragile ego.

Wow you are easy to manipulate.

Regarldess Yes Cherington resorted to hyperbole.  Yes people do that all the time.  Yes your post is pointless.  Yes I made you talk about your bar score to try to convince a stranger you are a lawyer.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

Cherry didn't have to say anything about the embarrassing contract player that is now since been swept under the rug of Red Sox GM office incompetence. You are mental midget who thinks below a child's level.

You are the same drivel drone who claimed Aviles had proven to be a good starting SS. He's since been buried on the back bench, with zero future as anything but a back bencher for any MLB team.

[/QUOTE]

Of course it stands that you would not understand an act of diplomacy.  

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

In reality, snaked, you are being played like a fiddle.

Diplomacy is a request for more secuirty in "Arab spring" Libia. I understand diplomacy, while snaked does his routine catatonic drive-by drivel hysteria.

[/QUOTE]

Dude.  You are quite ridiculous.  The fact that you feel that you are playing me makes it all the funnier.

I know exactly what you are.  You are an odd little person and this board is a big deal to you.  You pretend to be things that you are not and you say things that you do not believe.  

On the other hand I say things to you that cause you to defend yourself, that cause you to be banned from the board, that cause you to try and prove that you are, in fact, important.

You aren't.  We both know this.  

Anyway back to your really neat post about "Cherry" calling Crawford "great".

It really is a fascinating subject.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

In reality, snaked, you are being played like a fiddle.

Diplomacy is a request for more secuirty in "Arab spring" Libia. I understand diplomacy, while snaked does his routine catatonic drive-by drivel hysteria.

[/QUOTE]

Also it is spelled "Lybia".

Again though.  You really do seem quite educated. I mean it.

Sections
Shortcuts