Cherry Signs Old 2nd Rate CF'er and 1B'man and guarantees them nearly 80 Million and will soon seek Revenue from the Fans to Avoid the Fiscal Cliff: Anyone Confident in 2013 Team Performance?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

80 wins!

I might see a plan here though. 3 year deals to players who won't stand a chance of being brought back for a 4th year.... 

They may be working in the farm players over the next 24 months to see who will be part of a 2015 triumphant return to the World Series? Thus the useless over-paid 30+ year old vetrans will basically be here to mentor, and fill the gaps.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Team P W D L F A W D L F A GD PTS 1 Man Utd 15 6 0 1 19 9 6 0 2 18 12 16 36 2 Man City 15 6 2 0 19 6 3 4 0 9 5 17 33 3 Chelsea 15 4 3 1 14 7 3 2 2 11 9 9 26 4 Tottenham 15 4 2 2 13 10 4 0 3 15 13 5 26 5 West Brom 15 6 0 2 14 6 2 2 3 10 13 5 26 6 Everton 15 3 4 0 12 8 2 4 2 13 11 6 23 7 Swansea 15 3 4 1 13 10 3 1 3 10 7 6 23 8 West Ham 15 4 3 1 14 7 2 1 4 5 10 2 22 9 Stoke 15 4 3 0 7 2 1 4 3 7 10 2 22 10 Arsenal 15 3 2 2 16 10 2 4 2 8 6 8 21 11 Liverpool 15 3 3 2 9 7 1 4 2 10 11 1 19 12 Norwich 15 4 2 1 8 7 0 5 3 5 14 -8 19

Incompetent on two continents!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

When I agree w/ Softflaw I do pause, but wtf.

Victorino?  Napoli?   I was all for trading Lester and Ellsbury and have a bridge year or two, but signing players in their decline phase to three year contracts is embarrassing.  Signing players coming off down years can work (Cody Ross), but going to that well again and again is laughable.  I am sad to say I agree with the doom mongers, these signings (like Crawford) were commercially driven.  LL is affraid to go to the Sox Nation and admit rebuilding is for the best despite the highest ticket prices.

I will cherry puck a bit here, 2012 OPS+ (career avg)  and BR WAR :

SV    91 (101)      1.1  

MN  110 (126)     1.4

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Keith Law ranked the SV contract as the worst of the offseason!

Last 1388 PA vs RHP:

244 / 311 /  391

$13m platoon player to add to Gomes the $5m platoon player, but hey they are good "clubhouse guys".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

The Napoli signing is a good one.  If he meets his career batting level he's worth the money, maybe playing 1B will enhance his batting.  No draft pick to get him, can catch vs the NL to let Papi play, etc.  Fine

Gomes?  No threat to make the All Star team, but a takeout of Cody at a lower cost.  Fine.

David Ross?  Top backup catcher, only 2 years, hopefully will help Farrell get the pitching and catching back in order.  Fine

Victorino?  That's a head-scratcher.  He can still field and run, and plays all 3 OF positions but it looks like his bat is gone.  Also seems a big overpay....but, the market is obviously inflated this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Folks, this is getting more embarrassing! There isn't a team in the AL who isn't looking forward to handing it to the 2013 Red Sox and it's status quo bloated 150 million plus payroll of old and overrated roster.

What's next? Any guess? How about Cliff Lee's contract on the books for the next umpteen years? Or Maybe A. Sanchez to hook up with Lackey and form the 160 million dollar lose borthers.

There is still budget room to add a couple of more 2nd rate guys and pay them BJ Upton scaled contracts.

Folks, the Red Sox are going to be good. And if you don't believe it, just take a look at how much money they are spending on labor costs!  

[/QUOTE]

One thread by you on this subject wasn't enough? Are you related to 2004Idiots?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Any post that starts with "Folks" or similar makes me laugh.  What a pontificating jack@ss!  As if anyone actually cares what he thinks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Victorino is  a better signing than Napoli anyday. Napoli sucks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Silly forum

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Victorino is  a better signing than Napoli anyday. Napoli sucks.

[/QUOTE]

Could you repeat that?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As the "BIG O" WOULD SAY ...........  "SOfty, son just give me the chance to finish the job".........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As the "BIG O" WOULD SAY ...........  "SOfty, son just give me the chance to finish the job".........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

12,000 posts of absolute drivel. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

Folks, this is getting more embarrassing! There isn't a team in the AL who isn't looking forward to handing it to the 2013 Red Sox and it's status quo bloated 150 million plus payroll of old and overrated roster.

What's next? Any guess? How about Cliff Lee's contract on the books for the next umpteen years? Or Maybe A. Sanchez to hook up with Lackey and form the 160 million dollar lose borthers.

There is still budget room to add a couple of more 2nd rate guys and pay them BJ Upton scaled contracts.

Folks, the Red Sox are going to be good. And if you don't believe it, just take a look at how much money they are spending on labor costs!  

[/QUOTE]

Well mister folks.... You crying is more embarrassing.You must still be wearing your very old way to small Yankees suck shirt.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well mister folks.... You crying is more embarrassing.You must still be wearing your very old way to small Yankees suck shirt.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:
    [QUOTE]

12,000 posts of absolute drivel. 

[/QUOTE]

+1

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Seriously is there anything the RS can do that will make Softy and T happy?

Theyhave not traded any prospects yet, they have added two of the better FA on the market this year. The contracts are better than what others have signed for similar and lesser players. they have positioned themselves to make a trade with the extra catchers and now Ellsbury.

All of the OF available were 30+ except three one is a head case Young the other never heard of him the other Melkey. So based upon the age and comments the RS. Should not sign any of them. However if you look at the list SV was one of the better ones and better than Upton. Who in his career has had two good stretches both at the end of the 2012 and 2008 years. If you look at the list of FA 90% are over 30 so they are all on the downside of their careers according to some. 

Then if you look at pitching Sanchez is the youngest available and outside of Grenkie the best available.

So after all is said I believe the RS have done the best they could so far and are not done yet.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Theyhave not traded any prospects yet, they have added two of the better FA on the market this year. The contracts are better than what others have signed for similar and lesser players. they have positioned themselves to make a trade with the extra catchers and now Ellsbury.

All of the OF available were 30+ except three one is a head case Young the other never heard of him the other Melkey. So based upon the age and comments the RS. Should not sign any of them. However if you look at the list SV was one of the better ones and better than Upton. Who in his career has had two good stretches both at the end of the 2012 and 2008 years. If you look at the list of FA 90% are over 30 so they are all on the downside of their careers according to some. 

Then if you look at pitching Sanchez is the youngest available and outside of Grenkie the best available.

So after all is said I believe the RS have done the best they could so far and are not done yet.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you Jim. Napoli has always been a Red Sox killer. Even though he had a down year he is tailor made for Fenway Park. Victorino gives the Red Sox some versatility in the outfield. What were the sox supposed to do? Wait on Brentz and Bradley for this year? I don't know why because someone is 30+ that makes them over the hill. At least these contracts aren't killing the Red Sox for 6 and 7 years. nowhere to go but up and hopefully that 69 win season was just an abberation. Still need another pitcher. I want to give Lester the benefit of the doubt for a bad year and give Lackey another shot after his surgery. I don't understand why people are crying and it's still 2 months away from the start of spring training.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you Jim. Napoli has always been a Red Sox killer. Even though he had a down year he is tailor made for Fenway Park. Victorino gives the Red Sox some versatility in the outfield. What were the sox supposed to do? Wait on Brentz and Bradley for this year? I don't know why because someone is 30+ that makes them over the hill. At least these contracts aren't killing the Red Sox for 6 and 7 years. nowhere to go but up and hopefully that 69 win season was just an abberation. Still need another pitcher. I want to give Lester the benefit of the doubt for a bad year and give Lackey another shot after his surgery. I don't understand why people are crying and it's still 2 months away from the start of spring training.

Sections
Shortcuts